forum

osu! chat Tutorial pop-up thing

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +14
Topic Starter
Reileky
Most newbies always advertise their Multi rooms im #osu, so I wanna suggest this for new players when they enters the chat for the first time or every time people opened up osu! and then opened up the chat(You can disable it in settings).

Example is like this, the box floats above the chat bar on the channels. edit skills too pro

I really not sure if people understands this because. English
beeboy123
osu supports multiple languages just change the messages based on the users chosen language
winber1
would be nice to have tutorial boxes for more than just chat for complete newbies, so that they can get a better understanding of how the game works instead being absolutely confused, asking in #osu, getting no response and resume being confused again.
Oinari-sama
Yeah osu can do with more "tips" other than the FAQ at menu screen. There has been a few topics in the past, a few examples:

Important Hotkeys: t/200541
Tutorial Menu: t/148799
In-game Video Tutorial: t/99539

Maybe it's time to find a way to integrate these. osu!academy has done a wonderful job so there's no shortage of video tutorials, having a Menu item to access them (plus other written guides eg skinning) will be nice.

Freshly installed client should show a Select Language prompt after1st login so that the correct localisations can be displayed. Pop-up boxes are nice, if possible display them 1-by-1 (grey out other areas) and require user to click on the bubble to continue to the next tip.
Nya Nya Neko
I like the idea behind this :D
Kouya-
This idea is pretty helpful for first timers who just started running osu ~

Like, here's how to do things,which is where your pop-up box will appear, telling them how to operate around osu ~

Better for the mods and other members who are tired of stupidity and saying the same thing over and over again on how to do obvious things .
simpler idea for the ingame chat: elaborated channel welcome message

example for specific lang channels

Oinari-sama

inverness wrote:

simpler idea for the ingame chat: elaborated channel welcome message

example for specific lang channels

Channel messages may be ok for slow-paced channels, but it's gonna get washed away in fast-paced ones like #osu or #lobby. Imo it should require the user to "dismiss" a tip via some sort of interaction (eg clicking on bubbles).
- Marco -
It should also be seen on any channel opened
Tear
Yes please.. Anything that helps reduce the spam.
Gumpy
Would love too have this I don't have too explain stuff to people I introduce to the game.
Dazdy_old

Tear wrote:

Yes please.. Anything that helps reduce the spam.
This.
Topic Starter
Reileky
And then.. This thread came back alive after 2 months. \o/ ?
Trash Boat
definitely suport this.
Senpoii
I support the bubble tutorial messages for newbies. Would be extremely helpful.