forum

keeping your heart rate down

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Sylveon
ok so I realise this happens to everyone, im not special case i get it... but... I can't see (or never have seen) peoples cursors wobble in replays due to nervousness (like me) in all my replays of decent level (for me) my cursor will always wobble in varying degrees.. heres how it goes.. If I know the map my heart rate may even go up before I even begin to play it.. so say im half way through fc thus far... heart rate increases, i focus but i can see my cursor wobble and my hand get uneasy... I need a way to keep my heart rate DOWN whilst still bieng able to play osu at the same time.

how to top players stay calm? even if they arn't calm, there cursors never wobble... ever.. I can't be the only one right?

tips tips tips??

im posting this before bed, so don't expect a reply till tommoz (uk time)

oh and my tablet area is full, and i use resolution like 1200x800 or something (basically im not using a small tablet area either)
nrl
Experience and confidence. I still get super shaky when I push myself.
Vuelo Eluko
ive gotten 5-6 near-fc today on songs that each would have easily been my top play.

still got like 70 pp total from them though so still worth i guess...

idk how to keep nerves in check, seems impossible
Noobsicle
get used to it. if you can't, may as well blaze one for the boys

also pro players have been playing for years, of course it's natural for their cursors to remain stable after a lot of practice
B1rd
yep. I go a pretty good score for me today, near the end my heart was beating like crazy. Just ignore it and concentrate on the song.

also rinse, 2Kpp omedetou
Upskirt
Focusing is the key.
Xaffy

Sylveon wrote:

but... I can't see (or never have seen) peoples cursors wobble in replays due to nervousness

Major wobbling starts around 3mins.
Upskirt
To be honest, over time you will gain steadiness. Maybe you could readjust how you hold your pen so it's more comfortable and less shaky.
winber1
drink alcohol and smoke weed
sayonara_sekai
I just stop breathing. Works every time.
winber1

phonics wrote:

I just stop breathing. Works every time.
you can do that if you drink enough and smoke enough. your contribution is invalid.
weixiao

NarrillNezzurh wrote:

Experience and confidence. I still get super shaky when I push myself.
Exactly this, experience and confidence will keep your heart rate down :D
Galagrawr
Sometimes I will start doing very well far into a song, then i'll start getting nervous thinking i'll mess up.

Then I mess up :(

Simply stay calm and confident ^.^
Furasaki

Galagrawr wrote:

Sometimes I will start doing very well far into a song, then i'll start getting nervous thinking i'll mess up.
Truth has been spoken. This goes for me too so yea.
Merow
The way I dont get nervous while i play is to not think what im doing, just let the muscle memory go
Sophia
"If you can't stop being nervous, all you have to do is train so that you'll be able to talk even when you're nervous."

Swapping it into osu terms, if you really can't keep calm, all you have to do is learn to play and stay steady even when you're nervous.

For some random reason, I tense my legs. Yah.