forum

Akame ga kill

posted
Total Posts
show more
Green Platinum

xxdeathx wrote:

Well it can't really continue if he actually dies...
Sure they can, he's performed his job of introducing the whole night raid lifestyle and the focus can shift to another character or to a broader perspective of the rebellion. For example the anime Shiki does this several times however AgK doesn't even compare to that masterpiece in terms of writing skill lol.
deadbeat
so i decided to watch episode 23. i love how wrong it is. they really blundered big time >_>
AnotherEpicName
sum amv
from sum dude
thats pretty good at amv's (imo)
Verniy_Chan
I hope last episode from akame make me surprise... ( ̄^ ̄)
Senritsu
i just watched until 22 and it's pretty screwed. for the romance one and the sister one.
the romance came out of nowhere, jumping to kiss like that.
and when the sister fought.. where's the fucking climax this is not a duel at all this is just a.. *sigh*

ehh and i heard that the manga is 101% different from the anime? i didn't read it tho, but from what i heard the character died on manga is only like 4? yet the anime showed a very different one and i was like "what the fuck, i regret watching the anime instead i wish i read the manga, not watch the anime"

lolz
haven't watched 23 yet though `A`
deadbeat
Senritsu, i haven't seen the whole anime yet, but from what i can tell, the manga is different, however there are a good few amount of things the same :(
- Yuuto -
Episode 23.. very surprised that Tatsumi died. F*cking stupid BEARD-Minister. Can you just die. I've been enough with your fucking plans.

Ah, anyway seems the producers are has the trump card. The anime and the manga's stories are same on the first time but suddenly it is changed to the very very different ways on the recent episodes. It's just my observations though.

Let see what will the producers do for the last episode.

I hope the trump card is a new season lol .
AnotherEpicName

Yuutosan wrote:

I hope the trump card is a new season lol .
there's not enough characters left for a new season lol
- Yuuto -
As long as there's people who has teiguu that can revive people :v
Senritsu
db, is it worth to read the manga too? cause the anime is already pretty screwed lolz

And Yuutosan, there's no such teigu that can revive people. it has been told on eps where tatsumi joined night raid, i presume.
deadbeat
i'd say yes. manga is still messed up in parts, but i do prefer it

also since the anime is ahead of the manga and going a different route to the manga, do you still want to spoiler out spoilers, or just not bother now?
- Yuuto -

Senritsu wrote:

And Yuutosan, there's no such teigu that can revive people. it has been told on eps where tatsumi joined night raid, i presume.
Ah you're right. I've been forgot of that eps lol x_x
Senritsu
hm ok then. will read the manga when i have freetime later.

deadbeat wrote:

also since the anime is ahead of the manga and going a different route to the manga, do you still want to spoiler out spoilers, or just not bother now?
ehh are you asking me whether i want the spoiler or no, or i'm the one who spoiled out things? lols
deadbeat
that question was aimed at people in general :p
Green Platinum
I'd say just watch Katanagatari instead or read it's novel but I don't know of any translated version
Senritsu
Oh okay lols xD

But meh. Thanks to someone on internet i've got a spoiler about the last episode. Seems like one of my guess is right though
I don't like where this is going.. *shrugs*
- Yuuto -
*one more day*
Hika
so is this anime good or what, i'm having to move this up to my list because people irl hyping the fuck out of this
AnotherEpicName
till abt ep 18 its pretty nice, then its.. meh
last week's ep was nice, hope the last ep airing tmr kinda salavages it
Green Platinum

Hika wrote:

so is this anime good or what, i'm having to move this up to my list because people irl hyping the fuck out of this
I would not recommend it, AgK holds enough similarities to Katanagatari to to make me suggest watching that instead
sesh
AnotherEpicName

Green Platinum wrote:

Hika wrote:

I would not recommend it, AgK holds enough similarities to Katanagatari to to make me suggest watching that instead
katanagatari is a great series I grant you that but I see basicaly no similarities
other than they're both action I guess
akame ga kill is your typical shounen with added blood and death
katanagatari is alot deeper, alot more dialog, more backstory, there's alot of character growth
silmarilen

Ctn wrote:

Hika wrote:

It's good until around ep 18 or 19 then it starts going downhill.
would it be a better idea to read the manga?
KinkiN

silmarilen wrote:

would it be a better idea to read the manga?
imo 11/10 guaranteed that manga is WAY better

probably around episodes 18-19 or 19-20 they sum up 14 manga chapters into 2 anime episodes.
Green Platinum

AnotherEpicName wrote:

katanagatari is a great series I grant you that but I see basicaly no similarities
katanagatari is alot deeper, alot more dialog, more backstory, there's alot of character growth
Both focus on a character who grew up in a isolated part of the country that gets swept up into a rebellion focusing on the acquisition a limited amount of super weapons that no longer can be produced. There are similarities of these super weapons between both series' and most battles involving these super weapons result in death as the characters strive to take down the government by force.

Sure they both have differnt approaches to a similar story and Katanagatari clearly targets a more mature audience
AnotherEpicName

Green Platinum wrote:

AnotherEpicName wrote:

Both focus on a character who grew up in a isolated part of the country that gets swept up into a rebellion focusing on the acquisition a limited amount of super weapons that no longer can be produced. There are similarities of these super weapons between both series' and most battles involving these super weapons result in death as the characters strive to take down the government by force.

Sure they both have differnt approaches to a similar story and Katanagatari clearly targets a more mature audience
tatsumi wasn't isolated at all compared to the protagonist from katanagatari
there was no rebelion in katanagatari and akame isn't about collecting of the weapons
akame: if 2ppl die guarantee 1dies
katanagatari: not so much

not sure if you watched the same katanagatari and akame that I have rly

tl;dr
katanagatari is a story about a journey to gather swords
akame ga kill is a story about justice,revenge and death vs an enemy group
Green Platinum
Tatsumi was isolated in the fact that he had no clue how bad the nature of capitol.
The reason for collection the swords is Togame is collecting the swords to seek revenge for her father death at the hand of the current shogunate
You can be pretty damn sure having the weapons in akame is pretty important to the rebellions success while the don't particularly focus upon it there is the'all-seeing eye' episode.

AnotherEpicName wrote:

Not really sure you mean by this but death is pretty common and important in both aswell as characters of all kinds are killed
AmaiHachimitsu
This ep wasn't impressive
xxdeathx
WHOA IT'S POLAND OWC PLAYER

i hate these kind of "everyone dies" endings...so isn't the manga still ongoing? how can it continue if the conflict is over?
- Yuuto -
Pretty disappointed since there're so much characters were died. but I love when everyones lives in peace...
But still, this ending just not as expected.

Endings : 5.5/10
Overall : 8/10
deadbeat

xxdeathx wrote:

i hate these kind of "everyone dies" endings
To be fair, this was the expected outcome

xxdeathx wrote:

so isn't the manga still ongoing? how can it continue if the conflict is over?
anime branched off from the manga a while back. the manga story will most likely end differently

AnotherEpicName

Green Platinum wrote:

Tatsumi was isolated in the fact that he had no clue how bad the nature of capitol.
The reason for collection the swords is Togame is collecting the swords to seek revenge for her father death at the hand of the current shogunate
You can be pretty damn sure having the weapons in akame is pretty important to the rebellions success while the don't particularly focus upon it there is the'all-seeing eye' episode.

AnotherEpicName wrote:

Not really sure you mean by this but death is pretty common and important in both aswell as characters of all kinds are killed
with the last thing I meant in akame if 2 people with an imperial weapon fight, there's always 1death
in katanagatari if ichika fights someone death isn't a goal, gathering the weapon is the goal

I just find that what you think are obvious parallels between the series are pretty far-fetched to me
Senritsu
I haven't downloaded the last episode yet, but i have watched it.
To be honest, i almost do tableflips 3 times. >A>
Verniy_Chan
Last Episode, Only Akame and Najenda from NR is Alive ( ̄□ ̄;)
KinkiN
^ Please don't forget your spoiler tag

deadbeat wrote:

Yeah their death was the saddest death for some of ppl
domSaur
why can't i handle all these Deaths >.>
lemonguy
Unless they somehow transitioned into a second season in the future (and I highly doubt they would), I am disappointed in this ending, and I believe that there was so much more potential. I give the entire anime an 8/10, but it would have been a 9/10 easily if not for the last 5 or so episodes.
AutoMedic
Akame Ga Kill end. My thoughts? Dissapointed, but amazed. I lost interest at the Jaegers vs. NR but the last few episodes gave me an impact. The death of
Tatsumi especially. This led to a development pattern for Akame, which is amazing. I like that little ending touch when akame looked evil, and more sinister. This can lead in many notorious story turn arounds. The anime left me a few questions in mind, but they did do a great way of closing a book in an astounding manner

And yes, fuck you esdeath. Akame X Tatsumi forever

ITT/ Discuss future Akame turnarounds
deadbeat
ITT: discuss the manga \:D/
speaking of the manga, chapter 55 come out. wasn't bad
AutoMedic
Manga too long. I have the attention span of a goldfish so yeah
show more