getting real tired of the pattern:
-highlight character's past
-kill them 2-3 episodes afterwards
Green Platinum

Pizzicato wrote:

getting real tired of the pattern:
-highlight character's past
-kill them 2-3 episodes afterwards
But isn't that how character development works, Mirai Nikki taught me well.
But seriously the show is a complete joke at this point
deadbeat
i wouldn't say it's a complete joke yet. it can still be saved, but it's unlikely at this point :/
KinkiN

Verniy_Chan wrote:

Mine is dead..
So sad :(
you just ruined my whole day with your spoiler. thanks! :( i shouldn't really open this thread ;_;

anyways, It's cool to kill every damn character. refer to Urobuchi Gen and his works \:D/
deadbeat
i'll quickly go add a spoiler tag for that. but yeah guys, be care with spoilers. manga readers didn't spoiler the series for the people watching the anime. it's only fair you don't spoiler the manga :p
for the record, manga is up to Mein rescuing Tatsumi. Incursio just involved, Akame and and Leone joined the fight and Budo is back on his feet
KinkiN
btw

FunFact : prophet deadbeat already predict Mein's death since 5 months ago O.o
deadbeat
i think i predicted it around chapter 46, or rather, that's when it was more or less confirmed for me. and we just got 54 recently. so that was a bit longer than 5 months ago :p
piruchan
Includes SPOILER
Am I the only one who is happy with the death of Mein? For some reason she annoys me. Actually I hope that she die earlier
KinkiN

deadbeat wrote:

i think i predicted it around chapter 46, or rather, that's when it was more or less confirmed for me. and we just got 54 recently. so that was a bit longer than 5 months ago :p
LifeLesson : don't argue with prophet deadbeat if it comes to Akame manga
Green Platinum

Yuzuru wrote:

deadbeat wrote:

LifeLesson : don't argue with prophet deadbeat if it comes to Akame manga
While I only have the benefit of hindsight I expected mine's death as soon as she showed some interest in Tatsumi
but I don't know how the manga progresses
deadbeat

Green Platinum wrote:

I expected mine's death as soon as she showed some interest in Tatsumi
i'm still hoping everyone expect akame dies. thinking Leone or Najadine next
AnotherEpicName

deadbeat wrote:

Green Platinum wrote:

I expected mine's death as soon as she showed some interest in Tatsumi
i'm still hoping everyone expect akame dies. thinking Leone or Najadine next
same, akame best gril
deadbeat
has nothing to do with akame being the best(or worst) grill. the fact is the series is called akame ga kill!, yet it seems like there's very little focus on akame. it's more focused on tatsumi. so why akame ga kill! as a series name? it makes no sense
AnotherEpicName
Its not like its the first show with a name that doesn't make too much sense
-bleach
-Durarara
-Kill la Kill
-Lucky star
deadbeat
true, but when the series title has a character name in it, you'd think that character would be the main focus, like Naruto or Yotsuba&
Green Platinum

deadbeat wrote:

has nothing to do with akame being the best(or worst) grill. the fact is the series is called akame ga kill!, yet it seems like there's very little focus on akame. it's more focused on tatsumi. so why akame ga kill! as a series name? it makes no sense
Akame is pretty much the series' dedicated waifu and bestows upon her plot armour

AnotherEpicName wrote:

-bleach
-Durarara
-Kill la Kill
-Lucky star
You forgot the the most important Fate/stay night
AnotherEpicName

Green Platinum wrote:

deadbeat wrote:

Akame is pretty much the series' dedicated waifu and bestows upon her plot armour

AnotherEpicName wrote:

-bleach
-Durarara
-Kill la Kill
-Lucky star
You forgot the the most important Fate/stay night
isn't that name based on the name of the visual novel and route/chapter they took from it?
I forgot Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru
Yuuki is the character u know the least about
deadbeat

Green Platinum wrote:

deadbeat wrote:

if that is literally all it is, i'll be so disappointed. then again. it's mostly like that now anyway ;w;
KinkiN

deadbeat wrote:

the fact is the series is called akame ga kill!, yet it seems like there's very little focus on akame. it's more focused on tatsumi. so why akame ga kill! as a series name? it makes no sense
so damn true. it should be Tatsumi ga Kill or Akame ga Killed (bad pun, sorry)
Biri Biri
... Nope. You realize that pun was...nope.

I vote for "red eyes, long hair, strongest by scenes, and subtle fanservice(fighting in PJs, rare blush with main char)" being the cause of the name.
Oh look. She has a sister.

Let's have her kill her, to give more sympathy to the main character's growing interest-zone.

/smallflame.wav

--
Show isn't that bad, though. Decently made, methinks. Not standing out too much for me now that the story's done it's thing.
sesh
AnotherEpicName
Rly liked this ep
dat moment when jeagers join night raid (tho it was expected the moment wave and wing guy told abt why they joined the army
sesh
AmaiHachimitsu
Is this a fucking GoT
deadbeat
GoT?
[-Cloud-]

deadbeat wrote:

GoT?
Game of Thrones and yes, I can totally agree.

Couldn't believe Tatsumi really died. I was hit already by mine's death. T_T
KinkiN

[-Cloud-] wrote:

Couldn't believe Tatsumi really died. I was hit already by mine's death. T_T
It's on the anime right? i think it isn't in the manga afaik.

ahh dammit you guys really urge me to continue reading the manga. afk reading and then hopefully I'll be back with the spoilers

EDIT : seems both anime and the manga have a somewhat different story regarding the execution. damn you guysss i even read the manga that i have saved since last year TAT.

and no, there's a very little chance that the manga will follow the anime
lemonguy
They better end this series with an amazing last episode. You can't just be like "oh, we're running out of episodes, let's just kill a character every episode, and to top it off, kill the main character. Yeah, the fans will love that." Great episode, HATED how it ended though.
xxdeathx
Well it can't really continue if he actually dies...
KinkiN

xxdeathx wrote:

agree

they don't intend to wipe out all male characters and then going yuri, do they?
Green Platinum

xxdeathx wrote:

Sure they can, he's performed his job of introducing the whole night raid lifestyle and the focus can shift to another character or to a broader perspective of the rebellion. For example the anime Shiki does this several times however AgK doesn't even compare to that masterpiece in terms of writing skill lol.
deadbeat
so i decided to watch episode 23. i love how wrong it is. they really blundered big time >_>
AnotherEpicName
sum amv
from sum dude
thats pretty good at amv's (imo)
Verniy_Chan
I hope last episode from akame make me surprise... ( ̄^ ̄)
Senritsu
i just watched until 22 and it's pretty screwed. for the romance one and the sister one.
the romance came out of nowhere, jumping to kiss like that.
and when the sister fought.. where's the fucking climax this is not a duel at all this is just a.. *sigh*

ehh and i heard that the manga is 101% different from the anime? i didn't read it tho, but from what i heard the character died on manga is only like 4? yet the anime showed a very different one and i was like "what the fuck, i regret watching the anime instead i wish i read the manga, not watch the anime"

lolz
haven't watched 23 yet though `A`
deadbeat
Senritsu, i haven't seen the whole anime yet, but from what i can tell, the manga is different, however there are a good few amount of things the same :(
- Yuuto -
Episode 23.. very surprised that Tatsumi died. F*cking stupid BEARD-Minister. Can you just die. I've been enough with your fucking plans.

Ah, anyway seems the producers are has the trump card. The anime and the manga's stories are same on the first time but suddenly it is changed to the very very different ways on the recent episodes. It's just my observations though.

Let see what will the producers do for the last episode.

I hope the trump card is a new season lol .
AnotherEpicName

Yuutosan wrote:

I hope the trump card is a new season lol .
there's not enough characters left for a new season lol
- Yuuto -
As long as there's people who has teiguu that can revive people :v
Senritsu
db, is it worth to read the manga too? cause the anime is already pretty screwed lolz

And Yuutosan, there's no such teigu that can revive people. it has been told on eps where tatsumi joined night raid, i presume.
show more