Total Posts
show more
yumi
Imuoto a cute

Looking forward to sister final battle.

Wave is best guy. Bols close second
RedRain
chainpullz
Akame is great because they kill off a lot of the main characters early and often. It's way more realistic that way instead of MC's being all powerful or powering up mid-fight and never REALLY being in a bind. Plus the characters are enjoyable.
Mogsy

chainpullz wrote:

Akame is great because they kill off a lot of the main characters early and often. It's way more realistic that way instead of MC's being all powerful or powering up mid-fight and never REALLY being in a bind. Plus the characters are enjoyable.
I definitely disagree with this. Killing off characters and developing them solely for the sake of killing them off isn't realistic or mature or even all that unique. It has more in common with Mirai Nikki than anything else, in that it's trying to pass off mean-spirited violence, trashy writing, and unsympathetic characters as some form of moral grey area. It's honestly really fucking gross to watch and I stopped awhile ago due to it.

You can do moral grey, gore, unsympathetic characters, and violence well and without being wholly mean-spirited. Fuck this show.
chainpullz
It's a war of attrition. If some of the main characters didn't die it would just be stupid. It's much more realistic for a revolution to be an extremely bloody conflict for both sides with loss everywhere.
Mogsy

chainpullz wrote:

It's a war of attrition. If some of the main characters didn't die it would just be stupid. It's much more realistic for a revolution to be an extremely bloody conflict for both sides with loss everywhere.
You can also handle that with less tonal dissonance and actual character development instead of sequences that basically telegraphed who was going to die next. It's called being able to write a cohesive narrative.
The Winner Man
I like the anime/manga but Mogs is right killing people off leaves no room for character development and that there are deathflags practically placed on people's heads telling you they're gonna die. The anime also has excessive fanservice which I find unnecessary but I wouldn't go out of my way to criticize it calling it complete trash. That's going a bit far.
Apex_old
The only episode that is worthy of watching in the entire series is the pilot, which is only mediocre in its quality, except the twist ending. But when you compare the twist ending of the pilot to South Park's "Scott Tenorman Must Die" it's only normal.
AutoMedic
Deathflags = Lazy character development

other than that, it's a good anime
joi-

Critical Dude wrote:

Revy- wrote:

I mean boobs, gore, action and many more genres.
Do boobs and gore even mix?

Why would they not mix?
AR10 Only
I love that manga so hard ! Too bad we have only 1 chapter per month :'(
deadbeat

yeah...she's not happy
Gumpy

deadbeat wrote:

yeah...she's not happy
Bascally me right now as I have test at school that I did not read for.
Celizavia

deadbeat wrote:

Revy- wrote:

Why is nobody fanboying about Akame ga kill!
what do you think i've been doing for the past few months?
hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype
hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype
Basically me when i watch every episode. Lol
Rxy_old
I think that's the best anime I've ever seen since a long long time
AR10 Only

deadbeat wrote:

yeah...she's not happy

Aww the last chapter :lol: really love that manga - please guys i want 1 chapter per week !
DarkShytov
Next episode is going to be sad.. Can't wait for it x_x
cloud1417

DarkShytov wrote:

skip it 8-)
deadbeat

DarkShytov wrote:

Next chapter is going to be good.. Can't wait for it x_x
\:D/
AR10 Only

cun8y wrote:

DarkShytov wrote:

skip it 8-)

Like if we could :oops:
Rxy_old
There is a thing that I don't understand, why every girl fall in love for Tatsumi ??
cloud1417

Rxy wrote:

There is a thing that I don't understand, why every girl fall in love for Tatsumi ??
Because he doesnt flirt and i heard if you dont flirt or treat them as if they are from another planet then every girl will fall for you. :D
Rxy_old
Thanks for the advice dude I'm gonna try it, aha
cloud1417

Rxy wrote:

Thanks for the advice dude I'm gonna try it, aha
goodluck, but imo chicks dig jerks. lel, the subject is way too complicated for me to comprehend.
Furasaki

deadbeat wrote:

yeah...she's not happy
I noticed the #BLAMEANDREA2014 before esdeath xD
piruchan
Am I the only one who ship Esdeath x Tatsumi?
Furasaki

piruchan wrote:

Am I the only one who ship Esdeath x Tatsumi?
Nope.
SPOILER
Personally prefer Tatsumi x Chealsea if she weren't dead :/
[epsilon]
Any deathflags in latest chapter?
Green Platinum
Chelsea is the best character of the series, despite being an inferior version of Saku from Milky Holmes
chainpullz
Meeting Tatsumi is considered a death flag if no one else has picked up on it yet.
lemonguy
Well the latest episode just killed me on the inside. How can they do that.
sesh
lemonguy

Ctn wrote:

So far Akame ga Kill has been one of my favorite shows. Only thing I dislike is this.
Todays episode was just tragic, Mine was one of my favorite characters :' (
I couldn't help but cry a little. And yell. A lot. She was one of my favorites too :'(
Green Platinum

Shxfted wrote:

Well the latest episode just killed me on the inside. How can they do that.
Because they want to be so avant-garde, surprised it took so long, although was strongly expecting it to finally happen last episode.
lemonguy
Now I just caught up with the manga and I'm totally not prepared for the storm of feels that will be unleashed in the next chapter.
I saw that Mine doesn't die next chapter, so I can still hope xD
-Anonymous-_old_1
"Nobody is fanboying about Akame ga kill" Ye right ;)
deadbeat
gotta be honest, getting real sick of Akame ga Kill!. too much bs going on for me to handle >_>
Gumpy

deadbeat wrote:

gotta be honest, getting real sick of Akame ga Kill!. too much bs going on for me to handle >_>
It's hard to watch/read unfinished stuff
deadbeat
it's not that. it's just that it feels like the author isn't doing as good as he should be. the start held a lot of promise. but the series is just slowly getting worse and worse
xxdeathx
i flipped a table when Mine died.

(╯‵□′)╯︵┻━┻ screw this shit i'm out
show more