forum

Skype tool for osu!

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Kon
Update 1.1

- Changed the icon (Thanks to HandHeldPillow)
- Added ability to change your name while playing
- Added ability to select the status you will move to while playing
- Added ability to auto-start
- Made almost everything customizeable

To use the Name function or the mood function set what you would like to be your mood / name in the text box next to it.
So for example if you want "Spectating rrtyui - song name blah blah" you would do "Spectating rrtyui - (song)", and the name works the same way; "Jacob [Playing osu!]" would be "(name) [Playing osu!]".

If anything isnt working or some kind of data isnt saving let me know and i will try to fix it.
As always you can get the download link here: https://github.com/JDevasier/OsuSkype/archive/master.zip
Miunix
It doesn't seem to work for me D: My skype mood & Status isn't changing when playing, mic doesn't get muted and i checked everthing... :(
Topic Starter
Kon

- NekoBeat - wrote:

It doesn't seem to work for me D: My skype mood & Status isn't changing when playing, mic doesn't get muted and i checked everthing... :(
Thats weird. Im not really good at troubleshooting others' problems but I guess make sure you have .NET 4.5 http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30653
Also what operating system are you running on? I compiled this in Windows 8 but it should all work regardless since i tested it in compatibility mode on both 7 and vista. If downloading .NET 4.5 doesn't work I can re-compile it in 4.0.
.NET4.0 version: http://www.mediafire.com/download/f0fdxwnxs8y324s/osu_Skype.exe
If that still doesnt work add me and i can help you easier.
Leone
Love this program it's really useful especially if my friends don't want to hear me mashing my keyboard :P
MrLolrus
Sounds useful; I'll try it out and let you know what I think :)
MoonChow
I tried this with all settings enabled and nothing worked at all I was ingame fullscreen.
Shota
It doesn't want to work for me and I have the highest .NET
and I run windows 7
MoonChow

Desiree wrote:

and I run windows 7
Yup, same with me.
Shota

MoonChow wrote:

Desiree wrote:

and I run windows 7
Yup, same with me.
It only works if you have it in windowed mode from what I noticed. IT wont work at all in full screen.
Topic Starter
Kon
That's really weird. The way i get the players map is simply by grabbing the windows title(so it wouldn't work on anything but Windows btw). So that doesn't get changed while in fullscreen. I would recommend just using borderless windowed mode https://imgur-archive.ppy.sh/RUasphV.png. Unless you have a reason why wouldn't use it. otherwise there's really nothing i can do unless peppy releases a c# API/lib.
MillhioreF
There's already an "API" that allows you to get the song title if the player selects "Integrate with MSN Live status display". Ask Piotrekol about how to use it.
MoonChow

MillhioreF wrote:

There's already an "API" that allows you to get the song title if the player selects "Integrate with MSN Live status display". Ask Piotrekol about how to use it.
I had this enabled in fullscreen and it still doesn't do anything.
MillhioreF
That's because the program would have to be specifically written to use it for it to work.
MoonChow

MillhioreF wrote:

That's because the program would have to be specifically written to use it for it to work.
Ah I see, however it still doesn't work in windowed.
Evanesce
I think this is a very good idea, keep up the good work :D
Panorama
Awesome, I'll be using this very often! Thanks!
Topic Starter
Kon
Finally decided to re-write this with fullscreen support and all that good stuff.
Stopped using annoying timers, Everything is event-based.
100x more optimized.

NEW VirusTotal: https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/800a ... 413481512/
NEW Download: HERE

I will re-write the main post and add source code and record a new video after class (3 hours from time of post).

If it doesn't work, make sure you have .NET 4.0 and "Integrate with MSN Live status display" enabled.
AGRX
wish this was for mac and linux also :D
Muv Acid
the .net 4.5 version kept crashing on me, but the 4.0 version works like a charm. thank you for your work! ^w^
Topic Starter
Kon

Muv Acid wrote:

the .net 4.5 version kept crashing on me, but the 4.0 version works like a charm. thank you for your work! ^w^
Ill look into that when i fix my computer :P
Topic Starter
Kon
Updated with new auto-updater. So every time a new version is ready it should automatically download. Also removed the .net 4.5 version and went straight 4.0 So it shouldn't do anything dumb. If anything happens please reply or send me a PM and I will try to get it fixed.
Licana
Download link is dead? Would you mind uploading it again?
Topic Starter
Kon

yuzuki- wrote:

Download link is dead? Would you mind uploading it again?
This project is outdated and no longer supported. I also do not have the file anymore. You can find other versions of this in the Development section. Sorry for the inconvenience.
[ Scarlet Red ]
Honestly this is pretty sick and I'd probably see myself using it later on xD
Topic Starter
Kon

[ Scarlet Red ] wrote:

Honestly this is pretty sick and I'd probably see myself using it later on xD
If I get some free time tomorrow I'll try to work on it. No promises, exams and essays due this week ;-;
If you have any idea for other stuff lemme know and ill see what I can do.
Chaseter
This link is dead :'(