forum

[Archived] [Test] Crashing from restoring minimized window

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Cyclone
Problem Details:

I can't quite reliably reproduce, but sometimes while trying to restore the window after minimizing by alt-tabbing, the game simply closes with no crash window or anything.

Running:
Fullscreen
1920x1200 resolution
DirectX
Windows 7

osu! version: 20140805.11test
aoisoraa
I can confirm this. On many of my live streams I experience this behavior. But I am on the public build which means that it hasn't been fixed in the test build yet. :'(
Please notice us ppy.
Topic Starter
Cyclone
Ok I think i've figured this one out. It's when the game becomes minimized (through use of alt-tab) during a screen transition. If I don't crash it, I can at least reliably make a red error box appear from within osu! saying it will attempt to continue running. Hopefully this helps.
drum drum
Yeah, this has been a thing forever. I've done the same thing when I first started osu!.

I'm not sure how they would ever fix this problem myself if they ever cracked down on it ><
Shota
Yeah osu does this to me as well it's super annoying. I can't even play in multis for very long anymore without crashing at least 5 times.
drum drum

Desiree wrote:

Yeah osu does this to me as well it's super annoying. I can't even play in multis for very long anymore without crashing at least 5 times.
How is this related o.o
Shota

drum drum wrote:

Desiree wrote:

How is this related o.o
I go in and out of osu a lot while waiting for people to dl maps. So, I DC a lot due to this. Since it bugs out every time I go back to open osu.
aoisoraa
Desiree, I do the same thing while streaming... I take requests so I alt-tab to grab the beatmap and osu! crashes SO MUCH.
Shota

AoiSora-kun wrote:

Desiree, I do the same thing while streaming... I take requests so I alt-tab to grab the beatmap and osu! crashes SO MUCH.
Let us hope this thread gets noticed if we keep bumping it or if others reply with "I agree!" and so on. I am getting rather mad at the crash rate. It only seems to be happening in full window mode. Which is annoying, since, if I play borderless I lag and it drops my skill down due to it.
aoisoraa
Bump.
Mods please notice us! ^_^
Shota

I have screen shot proof of one of the error's and it wont let me click anything on that error pop up so I had to go too running processes then close it like that.
_Kuroneko__old_1
I definitly second this and think this deserves more attention. Its really a bothersome issue and takes away some enjoyment from the game.
Bumped because this is a really distressing issue for me.
drum drum

drum drum wrote:

I'm not sure how they would ever fix this problem myself if they ever cracked down on it ><
I was being serious y'know

Maybe peppy will know how, but I'm not sure about everyone else. If you can, try getting the attention of a dev or peppy without bumping a thread like no tomorrow.
TheVileOne
Topic Starter
Cyclone
That's not the same issue.
TheVileOne
Okay weird. You can trick the game into a state of permanent minimization. My windows cursor will not be visible and osu sounds will appear, but window will no longer display on screen.

Replicated by spamming alt tab while game was switching to edit mode. I really don't suggest trying to alt tab at the same time you click the menu icon.

It doesn't seem to happen on windowed modes probably because the game doesn't need to switch to borderless resolution in a windowed state. I have not triggered a crash yet.

I'm going to look into this. You can get out of this state by pressing escape.
Shota
Are you sure you didn't just press insert? Plus we are talking about osu crashing once we reopen it from a minimized state.
TheVileOne
I have not checked boss key.

Doesn't crash for me.