forum

[Archived] New hide interface misses a couple things

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
kurufu
Problem Details:
Hiding the interface misses some elements in Multi and Replays,

The discussion, playback, end replay, online users, and show chat buttons should be hidden.

Your current rank in the room should be hidden. (Not quite as obvious because i don't have 90+% dim on ATM). While spinning the RPM and related elements are still displayed, Section Fail is also displayed (but section pass hidden).

These things kind of ruin the cinematic effect of having no interface IMO, maybe its supposed to be that way but i think not.

osu! version: 20140805.9 (latest)
Hemmi
I will re-post here what I found for better odds of this being fixed : the section-fail picture still displays, as well as the RPM on spinners and FPS counter.
drum drum

kurufu wrote:

The discussion, playback, end replay, online users, and show chat buttons should be hidden.
I'd argue that those are main control interfaces. You could be right either way. But some people actually click those buttons (rare as it may be), rather than press Esc.
Shirayuki
You can always turn them off manually, why would you turn on Fps counter in the option menu then hope the Shift Tab can turn it off, it doesn't make any sense.

The discussion and playback is only in Spectator mode / Watching Replay mode, you will not see them while playing, so I don't think it's a problem either.

Section fail and rpm, just replace them with blank image if you want then gone for good. FYI, section pass and section fail are indicators of how long the break is, since they appear in the exact middle of the break.
Topic Starter
kurufu

Shirayuki wrote:

You can always turn them off manually, why would you turn on Fps counter in the option menu then hope the Shift Tab can turn it off, it doesn't make any sense.

The discussion and playback is only in Spectator mode / Watching Replay mode, you will not see them while playing, so I don't think it's a problem either.

Section fail and rpm, just replace them with blank image if you want then gone for good. FYI, section pass and section fail are indicators of how long the break is, since they appear in the exact middle of the break.
The things I listed CANNOT be turned off manually, I never mentioned FPS counter, Key press thingy, or Scoreboard.

The replay stuff was part of a previous feature request, because it would make for some really pretty replays to upload to youtube or whatever without having those buttons in the way. If I needed to press them then I could just press shift tab, make my selections, and then hide them again.

And the same could be said about numbers for combo and score and lifebar. The point of the feature is you DONT have to replace all of your skin with transparent elements...

Gunsillie wrote:

I will re-post here what I found for better odds of this being fixed : the section-fail picture still displays, as well as the RPM on spinners and FPS counter.
I'll add spinner RPM to the OP, since FPS can be turned off in options I'm not listing it. But I do agree that Shift+Tab should remove ALL extra interface's/clutter including the key press stuff, scoreboard, FPS, and hit timings, since in my mind its meant to be like a temp thing not an all the time kind of thing. So when im done I dont want to go and set all my options back up, I just want to shift+tab and be back to my "normal" setup.
Shirayuki

Yes, I'm sure you never said anything about Scoreboard or fps in your post at all, my eyes were just too tired.

In-game interface, it's while playing, so if you don't want something while playing, why do you need it to be hidden from the feature instead of just hiding them with blank image.

Feature Requests » Completed Requests

I don't see this being a feature request, so if you want it to hide more / less stuffs, you might want to request it instead of claiming it's "not working as intended"
Topic Starter
kurufu

Shirayuki wrote:

Yes, I'm sure you never said anything about Scoreboard or fps in your post at all, my eyes were just too tired.

In-game interface, it's while playing, so if you don't want something while playing, why do you need it to be hidden from the feature instead of just hiding them with blank image.

Feature Requests » Completed Requests

I don't see this being a feature request, so if you want it to hide more / less stuffs, you might want to request it instead of claiming it's "not working as intended"
Listen I dont want to get in fight about what I said, if you think I maliciously edit my posts instead of you know... doing what I said

Kurufu wrote:

I'll add spinner RPM to the OP...
The point is I agree with you that it is acceptable for things that can be toggled off in settings to be left out of Shift+Tab toggling, but disagree that some skinnables are left in while others are hidden(eg RPM left in, while lifebar hidden)

Feature request for this during replays marked as completed t/142318 coincident that the things listed here "Scoreboard, Lifebar..." are hidden during Shift+Tab? I just think that more things were intended to be hidden to provide for a really clean looking replay for recording or viewing (or a nice play without distractions).

To be honest if this should be a feature request I'd gladly remake the thread in Feature Requests, it just seemed that since it just came out it fits here more.
Shirayuki
Hmm, true, then again idk if peppy will change his mind since there's only a couple of people wanting to change this though ... I guess you will need more manpower xd
Hemmi

Shirayuki wrote:

But since the arrows and the section-pass picture are hidden while in Shift-Tab, I don't see why section-fail should not be. For the sake of consistency, I don't want to have to replace it with a blank picture, else I might as well do that for every UI file and not use Shift-Tab :/ And besides, the section-pass/section-fail sound is played anyway, so you still get your indication of when you are halfway though your break.