forum

Hand gripping on table (Mouse)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
FlyingKebab
So i recently bought a Razer Taipan BF4 for 139.99LT (54$) and i have noticed that when i use the mouse my hand always prohibits movement, i have been using a small Asus mouse and i did not notice any problems at that time. I usually try to fingertip grip the mouse but sometimes i use a hybrid grip where i hold the mouse with a fingertip grip but the top part near the fingers rests on the mouse. I will be getting a Roccat Sense 400x280mm mousepad soon so maybe that will make a difference (Not using a mouse pad atm, and never have). The only way that seems to solve the problem is by actually holding the hand in midair which is not very comfortable to say the least ( and definitely not accurate). Is anyone here having the same problem and if so do you have a way to counter this hand problem?

Increasing the DPI is out of the question because my hand starts hurting if i put to much force on the fingers for a long time to accurately use the mouse with high DPI (Currently using Raw Input with 1.0x 6/11 Win. and 600DPI)

Edit: About 12cm of my arm to the wrist is touching the table usually. The friction from the hand start to really get in the way when a map has quite beefy jumps like: https://osu.ppy.sh/s/83130 (Lunatic Diff)
sayonara_sekai
if you use 600dpi and 1.0x sens you HAVE to use your arm. only hand / wrist is not feasible at such a low sens.
nrl
Glove.
Topic Starter
FlyingKebab
Um.... glove.... Yeah...
Furasaki
Maybe clawing the mouse can help. I personally use a high-ass dpi with a hybrid grip like yours so idk.
Topic Starter
FlyingKebab
When i got my mouse pad i did a little experiment. I went and put on auto click in Osu, changed my mouse DPI to 800 and used a fingertip grip to move it in "Holy Shit It's Airman!" and the result was 91%. Then i did the same but the other way around by just clicking and got my standard 56% Accuracy. So i have come to the conclusion that i can use my mouse with 800 DPI with a fingertip grip and i will never need more sensitivity because i have never ever seen or played a map that has bigger jumps than Airman. (The mouse mat solved the problem of my hand moving over time with a larger DPI out of the starting position).