forum

[invalid] Sort by Difficulty not correct

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
[Sean]
Problem Details:
Sort by difficulty is sorting from the half point to the next half point. Example: 1.5-2.5, 2.5-3.5. Difficulty menu's are whole numbers, i.e 1, 2, 3, 4 etc. A way to explain this is clicking into the 4 star menu, and the first map is 3.5 stars. Intended would be set to >.5, <.49 for each menu. I tend to play 4 star and above, so sorting by difficulty is a nice thing I'd use... Buuuut... Having to scroll 300+ maps to get to the first 4.00 is annoying in it's own.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
Top left for star display.

osu! version: 20140805.4 (latest)
Shirayuki
It is intended, 4star group = from 3.5 to 4.49.

If you want to play exclusively 4.00-4.49, Group by Difficulty, then do a "star>=4" in the search without the quote.
Topic Starter
[Sean]

Shirayuki wrote:

It is intended, 4star group = from 3.5 to 4.49.

If you want to play exclusively 4.00-4.49, Group by Difficulty, then do a "star>=4" in the search without the quote.
I stated that. The group name itself would suggest that all maps would contain 4 at the start of the star count, not 3.5.
Shirayuki
Here's his post about star group

Sooo I guess this is intended? Since insane diff, for example, are from 3.75 to 4.75, which you can find most of them in 4star group, I think it makes sense ...
Tom94
It's working as intended. Reasoning behind it is the fact, that most people intuitively round as they learn it in school with 3.5 up to 4.499999 going to 4 for instance.