Are Cherry MX red switches good?

posted
Total Posts
show more
Vuelo Eluko
yes
Bauxe

kingofit wrote:

Do any decent players play with Cherry MX Red switches? I have a keyboard with cherry mx blue, not a huge fan of the click to be honest. I assume the cherry mx brown would have me thinking the same thing as blues. I am willing to give this keyboard to my brother, as I am willing to buy a new one. If your favorite switch is cherry mx red... tell me why, Thanks :)
Do you ever read the forums? Search for other threads?

Let me help.

t/92602
t/43821
t/161153
t/101450
t/119347
t/169933
t/85215
t/132375
t/151656
t/148797
t/226797
t/164929
t/43821

I could keep going with probably around 1,000 more threads, but that should give you a good enough idea.
GoldenWolf
Long answer:

Bauxe wrote:

Do you ever read the forums? Search for other threads?

Let me help.

t/92602
t/43821
t/161153
t/101450
t/119347
t/169933
t/85215
t/132375
t/151656
t/148797
t/226797
t/164929
t/43821

I could keep going with probably around 1,000 more threads, but that should give you a good enough idea.
Short answer:

Riince wrote:

yes
naliem
Pretty much all pro players play with reds. So yes, they're good.
jesse1412

naliem wrote:

All the pro players used to play with mouse only. What's your point.
winber1
all pro players need to breathe
Amianki
Reds are good for osu! but really fun for typing. You don't get the same ridiculous level of typos with any other switch that I know of.
Gumpy

CalignoBot wrote:

Reds are good for osu! but really fun for typing. You don't get the same ridiculous level of typos with any other switch that I know of.
Sounds like me when I type.
beeboy123

naliem wrote:

Saying stuff like this makes people think they need a mech keyboard to be good.
Vuelo Eluko

beeboy123 wrote:

naliem wrote:

you do, and a tablet to do hard maps like freedomdive
beeboy123

Riince wrote:

Someone is going to take this serious and we will get more shit threads.
nrl

CalignoBot wrote:

Blacks are good for that too.
GoldenWolf
Blues masterrace anyway
Cheese
Vuelo Eluko

Sancheese wrote:

just ordered my keyboard with Blue switches. hope i made the right decision
its not about making the right decision, it's about making your decision the right one.
Cheese
Maxis

Riince wrote:

beeboy123 wrote:

Please tell me that's sarcasm.
Bauxe

Maxis wrote:

Please tell me that's sarcasm.
Nope, its a scientific fact!
winber1
everything on the internet is true how are you guys so dumb
-Soba-

winber1 wrote:

all pro players need to breathe
Silly man, robots don't need to breathe
Dawgy

Riince wrote:

Sancheese wrote:

just ordered my keyboard with Blue switches. hope i made the right decision
its not about making the right decision, it's about making your decision the right one.
Wow...

That's actually very deep.
Cheese
jasian
Browns are the same as Reds essentially if you mash hard enough to not feel the tactile feedback of the Browns. Blues are a different story however and you may be put off by the Blues clicky-ness. Reds are the best imo but Blacks may even be better for people who overstream all the time.
nrl

litejason wrote:

Browns are the same as Reds essentially if you mash hard enough to not feel the tactile feedback of the Browns.
Uhm... you're doing it wrong.
jasian

NarrillNezzurh wrote:

litejason wrote:

Browns are the same as Reds essentially if you mash hard enough to not feel the tactile feedback of the Browns.
Uhm... you're doing it wrong.
What other differences are there? I've been playing with Reds for over a year and Browns for a week, if you bottom out the Browns whilst playing they feel exactly the same as each other; I can't feel the tactile feedback of the Browns.
idkhowtoclick
reds are annoying because there is no feel when pressing them. you won't have any idea when the press will activate. if this doesn't bother you, they are the lightest switches so I guess they're best for stamina..
nrl

litejason wrote:

What other differences are there? I've been playing with Reds for over a year and Browns for a week, if you bottom out the Browns whilst playing they feel exactly the same as each other; I can't feel the tactile feedback of the Browns.
There aren't any other differences, I just mean that you're mashing awfully hard if you can't feel the tactile feedback.
Noobsicle

NarrillNezzurh wrote:

litejason wrote:

There aren't any other differences, I just mean that you're mashing awfully hard if you can't feel the tactile feedback.
browns aren't really that tactile. i mean there's a bump but it's very subtle, especially when you're constantly tapping the same keys
nrl
Maybe you're right. Depends how controlled you are I guess :P
deletemyaccount
Isn't the reason real reason why people mechanical keyboards because they're more consistent?

I mean sure there are different switches, but fundamentally a mech kb is just a kb with actual switches instead of a membrane at the bottom.

blues browns red blacks in the end we all die
Noobsicle

Philantropist wrote:

Isn't the reason real reason why people mechanical keyboards because they're more consistent?

I mean sure there are different switches, but fundamentally a mech kb is just a kb with actual switches instead of a membrane at the bottom.

blues browns red blacks in the end we all die
i bought a mechanical because i read that it's 1000000x better than a rubber dome in every way (before i discovered osu!)