forum

Question about -/+ error

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
rep_old_1
Which one means you hit the notes early/late? Is - early and + late?

Also, is 'unstable rate' based on these errors?
AegisFTW
If you have your hit error meter on this can be a lot easier to tell if you are hitting too early or too late.

If markers are appearing more left from the center, then the offset is too early so you are going to reduce the offset by using -, and the opposite goes for the + if you are hitting too late.

Unstable rate is like your penis size in reverse, it's really good and awesome when it gets smaller and smaller, but once you reach a certain point it really doesn't matter anymore, it's more for ego.

In technical terms unstable rate is how precise you are, not how accurate you are. If you want a representation just look at this.

So no unstable rate has nothing to do with your offset.
Vuelo Eluko
"precise but not accurate" seems like such an unlikely scenario though.
silmarilen
it happens on mistimed maps
Topic Starter
rep_old_1
Sorry, what does the "hit error meter" look like? And how can I enable it (if I don't already have it on and didn't notice it)? What does "markers" in your post mean? Thanks. I'm new to this game so I don't know a lot of terminology, sorry
AegisFTW
Go to your options when you start the game, go to the general section and select "Score metre type: Hit Error"

Now when you start playing a map you'll notice a bar on the bottom center part of your screen with several color coded hit windows, whenever you tap a hit circle it shows a mark how accurate and precise.

If the map IS TIMED CORRECTLY all of the markers should generally end up in the center or near of this hit error bar.

If not then that's when you need to time it correctly yourself, if marks appear left from the center -, right from the center +.

Also going to state this again, you only need to change the offset if ALL of your marks are ending up too much right or too much left from the center.
Topic Starter
rep_old_1
If all of the marks are to the left side of the center, do I adjust the offset so it's more -? Or do I need to balance the - by increasing more +?
Noobsicle
if you are certain that all your hits are accurate and aren't the result of user error, then increase the - value

t/227522 for more info
GoldenWolf

Riince wrote:

"precise but not accurate" seems like such an unlikely scenario though.
it happens more often than not actually, like silma said especially on mistimed map, where you can go -14 +3 if you're "precise" enough