forum

difficulty gap

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Bakanowy
is it sad that i find this map https://osu.ppy.sh/b/221950 easier than this one? https://osu.ppy.sh/b/176432

:?
JonasP
why would it be sad?

also I think people have different types of maps they like/prefer to play/are a little better on
I can even see that on myself...for my rank I am decent at quite a lot of jumps so I am close to finsih maps liek Gold dust etc. but stream heavy maps are teh totakl opposite...I cant even do too great on longer 120 bpm streams
Vuelo Eluko
the scoreboard agrees so i dont see why its sad
AegisFTW
No, it's quit normal. People have harder times with other maps at times, and there is quite a difference in play between the former map and latter map.The former map is just a bunch of jumps, and the latter map tends to be somewhat hard to read and hard to control your fingers on to get good acc.

Despite Tom redoing the difficultly calculations you'll see there is some inconsistencies between the maps difficulties, it's partly the reason why AR8+DT fills up people's top rank scoreboards so much because all you need to do is find a extremely average TV size map, slap DT on it, and if it beats the star ratings for the other top ranks, you FC it.

For me, there seems to be a huge difference in difficulty between an AR9 5.50 map and an AR8+DT 5.50 map.

Pretty much ignore star rating and use it only as a guideline for what you want to play, maps are harder than others because reading isn't involved the star rating calculation at all I think.
Yakuyan
It's not sad at all. :) There are people who can play 3-4 minute songs better than they can play TV SIZE songs. It's all about preference. Hoshizora is a pattern jump map for the most part, so maybe you are better at spread pattern jumps. But you can't play Fan Club that well because I'm guessing you can't get a good accuracy on it because of the lower BPM doubles, triples, and small streams. Some people may prefer playing Fan Club than Hoshizora and vice versa. So you being able to play Hoshizora better than Fan Club isn't at all sad, it's more normal than anything.
Blueprint
I can play mythologies end but I'm pretty bad at image material
Gumpy
What is "it"?
Yano
I find Image Material also pretty much easier than all DragonForce Maps. And no I can't pass Image Material...
Vuelo Eluko

Blueprint wrote:

I can play mythologies end but I'm pretty bad at image material
i can clear tutorial but not freedom dive
jasian
People are better at different things in Osu!
GoldenWolf

litejason wrote:

what's Osu! though?
Holorin

GoldenWolf wrote:

litejason wrote:

what's Osu! though?
A game of clicking circles (Standard only though)
GoldenWolf
Sorry, I only know osu! as a circle clicking game, Osu! doesn't ring a bell to me.
Vuelo Eluko

GoldenWolf wrote:

Sorry, I only know osu! as a circle clicking game, Osu! doesn't ring a bell to me.
elite beat agents?
GoldenWolf

Riince wrote:

elite beat agents?
EBA too right, but that's still not Osu! :[
Holorin
Completely agree with you Golden Wolf, Osu! is literally unplayable :(
KagamiHRS
The game Osu!... Is it a copycat of osu!? I searched on Google but it return only 1 result with is this thread...
- Marco -

KagamiHRS wrote:

The game Osu!... Is it a copycat of osu!? I searched on Google but it return only 1 result with is this thread...
What?

also osu! is spelled osu! not Osu!
KagamiHRS
Of course I knew perfectly that it's osu!
If you saw previous posts, Osu! Is intentional, and they're continuing the joke
timemon
Anyone who can pass Hoshizora no Ima is a god to me.
I tried it a lot but I miss everywhere ;w;
GoldenWolf

timemon wrote:

Well now that's some low requirements for being a God.
Vuelo Eluko

timemon wrote:

that map is easy though you should be able to do it
Clappy
Will an SS on insane rather than S.S also qualify me as said God ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGu6tdG8Oxc
khan119
Osu osu Osu! osu! hehehee funi