forum

dat mouse instinct

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
rep_old_1
So I started playing with a tablet and I'm having issues getting used to it, because I either always miss notes or am too slow to get notes (depending on what I make the active area) and I don't know where the position on the tablet is on my screen.

I had just finished playing a map and suddenly my accuracy had jumped like 15% from all my previous attempts and I thought I was getting better (or at least lucky) and then I realized my hand is on the mouse and I had played that time with the mouse :oops:
Dracool_old_1
why not just stick with the mouse if you're so much better with it? :D
Gumpy
Hover your hand over the tablet and do easy maps for practice.
Mofu kun

Djmikez wrote:

why not just stick with the mouse if you're so much better with it?
Topic Starter
rep_old_1
I feel like tablet will be an advantage if I can get used to it. Sort of like switching to Dvorak keyboard from QWERTY took me a few months to learn, but it increased my WPM from ~95 -> ~120 or so when I typed around 95 for many years until I got used to Dvorak
Kouya-
I had the same issue with you but I was just never use to the hole tablet thing, 6 months ago .

Now, It's like my mouse xD
Fluxi

SupaWolfTiga wrote:

I had the same issue with you but I was just never use to the hole tablet thing, 6 months ago .

Now, It's like my mouse xD

^^ and now I've forgotten how to use a mouse
TakuMii

SmexyKiss wrote:

I don't really see how that can happen... I haven't really played osu with a mouse for over a year, but whenever I give it a try, I'm still leaps and bounds better than I was when I stopped using it.
Fluxi

YayMii wrote:

SmexyKiss wrote:

I don't really see how that can happen... I haven't really played osu with a mouse for over a year, but whenever I give it a try, I'm still leaps and bounds better than I was when I stopped using it.
Well, it may be different from person to person and I'm not using the same mouse that I used to use (using some cheap crappy mouse compared to a gaming one I had before which makes a big difference for me) but when I use my mouse it just feels awkward and my aim is terribad. All in all, it might just be me not using mouse for ages but my mouse skills are worse than when I stopped using mouse
Nub1
there are a lot of pro players out there who use mouse
ixsq
You'll definitely be a lot better with a tablet if you can get used to it.
Practice by using it not only for osu but for all computer tasks.
98%+ acc. in no time.