forum

osu! Skin Manager

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
BlackTasty
After the project was frozen a little bit (because I didn't had time for the program), I release now the Beta 2.4!

What's new:
  1. Added: Support for Wave (.wav) files. Mp3 file support will be added in a future version
  2. Added: Half-Resolution Creator: creates half resolution images (e.g. an image which is 200px x 200px big will be copied and resized to 100px x 100px)
  3. Added: New look which can be deactivated in the settings
  4. Added: Reset button to reset a change on the selected skin element
  5. Changed: "File" at the top menu is now "Manage"
  6. Changed: If no skin is loaded you can quickly access any skin in your directory
  7. Changed: If you load another skin, open the skin mixer or something else, the images will be disposed (deloaded) to save RAM (BETA)
  8. Changed: "Choose Skin" is now "Load Skin"
  9. Changed: The important buttons are a little bit bigger
  10. Fixed: Mistakes in the help
This is an big update (bigger than the other) so there could be some bugs. I've tested it and I didn't ran into issues, but if you run into problems, report the bug here and I'll give my best to fix it :)
Topic Starter
BlackTasty
After 2 Months, I'm back with good news:
  1. Added: Support of mp3 files
  2. Added: When you download the default skin, you see a window which shows you the progress of the download
  3. Changed: The skin.ini editor is now coloured (Beta, it could have his problems)
  4. Changed: New logo
Topic Starter
BlackTasty
And again an update:
  1. Added: An menu point under "Skin", where you can create a forum post for your skin (he automatically inserts some things when you use templates)
  2. Added: (Beta) CircleSize window, where you can look how your hitcircle will look with different CS
  3. Changed: Settings can now be opened with STRG + Shift + S
  4. Fixed: At the first startup, he only accepted in the path "osu", not "Osu" (i hate case sensitive...)
Topic Starter
BlackTasty
I'm proud to present to you Version 2.7 of the osu! Skin Manager:
  1. Added: Update function! Finally I got it to work. From now on, the Application checks for updates at startup. If Updates are found, he downloads and opens the installer automatically.
  2. Changed: The dialog "Load Skin" in the menu "Manage" has been removed, now the skin list is loaded into the listbox
  3. Changed: Deleted skins will now be moved in the Recyle Bin so you can restore the skin
  4. Changed: Default skin.ini is now more clearly
  5. Fixed: The startup dialog accepts now all directories with the name "skin". You can change the directory in the settings
Feedback is welcome :)

Notice: The update function is still in testing, I've tested the function many times, and every time it worked but I can not promise that everything works 100% correct. We will see if it works when I publish a new version ;)
EDIT: Could someone move this thread to Developement pls? I think I would reach more people there :)
deadbeat

bl8ckdr8gon wrote:

EDIT: Could someone move this thread to Developement pls? I think I would reach more people there :)
i suppose i could for you o3o
Topic Starter
BlackTasty

deadbeat wrote:

bl8ckdr8gon wrote:

i suppose i could for you o3o
Thank you :D

Version 2.7.5 is out!
  1. Added: Now you can deactivate the update notification
  2. Added: Added tooltips in the settings window
  3. Added: At startup, the application shows a tutorial (can be deactivated by clicking "Do not show again")
  4. Changed: While updating, you can see the progress
  5. Changed: You can now abort the download of the default skin
  6. Changed: The RAM Usage in the settings updates now every second
  7. Changed: "Elements" when changing a skin is now "Skins"
  8. Fixed: The last loaded skin couldn't be delete
  9. Fixed: The graphic was buggy when choosing a mp3 file
  10. Fixed: The update bar "stays" in the upper right corner
  11. Removed: The old Help window (it was ugly). Now the application has a new Help section (the tutorial)
I'm proud to say that the application has over 3000 lines of code! At the beginning I've never thought that the program would be that big.
You want to see a new feature in this application? Write me a private message or write a post in this thread ;)
Topic Starter
BlackTasty
Version 3.0 Full is out! Now with German support and skin.ini checker!
  1. Added: The language "German" is now supported (language will be chosen automatically by the application if you live in german regions)
  2. Added: Import and export your settings
  3. Added: Backup function (Backup your whole Skin folder, backup your actual skin at crash, backup before mixing two skins)
  4. Added: When you export your skin, your skin.ini will be checked on mistakes
  5. Changed: Better error-checking (empty names didn't worked, but names conataing only spaces worked)
  6. Changed: Some mistakes in the tutorial were removed
  7. Changed: Tutorial expanded ("Settings" Section updated, new section: "Backup Settings", German screenshots if your program is in German)
  8. Changed: Minimalistic changes to the Skin Mixer (changed some labels)
  9. Fixed: Updating didn't worked; the installer thought you have already installed the latest version
  10. Fixed: If you've changed the osu! skin folder path, he saved the path instantly
Note: If you want to help me with implementing new languages, send me a pm and I will send you all necessary informations how you can help me ;)
[ Scarlet Red ]
Omg I could definitely use this, might decide to download this now. Thanks :3
Topic Starter
BlackTasty

reyder wrote:

Omg I could definitely use this, might decide to download this now. Thanks :3
No problem ;)
Topic Starter
BlackTasty
Version 3.2 Full is out! How will my skin look like? Let's check this in the simulator...
  1. Added: Before downloading the default skin template, you can now choose between old and new skin template (Note: If you choose as Version "1.0", he downloads automatically the old template)
  2. Added: The program creates now a log, where errors will be listed.
  3. Added: The application has now a Simulator, where you can look how your skin will look like
  4. Changed: Half Resolution Creator improved
  5. Changed: Small changes to the themes
  6. Changed: Loading a skin asks now if your really want to load another skin
  7. Changed: Most of the dialog buttons (e.g. "Would you like to do this...") are set to "No" by default
  8. Fixed: Importing the Skin from the Mixer back into the Manager caused a program crash
  9. Removed: The old settings window. The new window should be much more better and clear ;)
Note: The simulator is still in developement! Dependent on your computer performance could the simulator take a few seconds up to a minute to load all elements!
The following elements will be added in a further version:
SliderSpinnerCursorHit-GraphicsAnimationsThe Modselection screenAlso the simulator only supports the standard osu! mode, taiko, ctb and mania will be added soon...
Topic Starter
BlackTasty
Quickfix 3.2.1 Full!
  1. Fixed: The setting for day specific themes (snow in december,...) didn't worked properly
Pawsu
This looks great! I'll be sure to download and take a look at it :)
Keep up the good work!
Topic Starter
BlackTasty

CanadianPaws wrote:

This looks great! I'll be sure to download and take a look at it :)
Keep up the good work!
I will ;)

Quickfix 3.2.2 Full!
  1. Changed: Updated the "Settings" section in the tutorial
  2. Fixed: Skins with more than 800 elements couldn't be loaded
Topic Starter
BlackTasty
Quickfix 3.2.4 Full!
  1. Changed: The Half Resolution Creator has been changed slightly
  2. Fixed: Removed the limit of 800 elements in the Half Resolution Creator
FieryLight
Can someone who speaks German please put up a quick how-to-install guide, please? Thanks in advance!
Topic Starter
BlackTasty

FieryLight wrote:

Can someone who speaks German please put up a quick how-to-install guide, please? Thanks in advance!
There is a german thread ;) https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/p/3538097#p3538097.

German installation guide
Einfach herunterladen, entpacken und die setup.exe ausführen. Danach öffnet sich das Setup bei welchem du auf "Installieren" klicken musst, der Rest geschieht automatisch und öffnet im Anschluss das Programm.
FieryLight

bl8ckdr8gon wrote:

FieryLight wrote:

There is a german thread ;) https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/p/3538097#p3538097.

German installation guide
Einfach herunterladen, entpacken und die setup.exe ausführen. Danach öffnet sich das Setup bei welchem du auf "Installieren" klicken musst, der Rest geschieht automatisch und öffnet im Anschluss das Programm.
Oh, I worded that badly didn't I? xD

What I meant was that the installation is currently in German and I would appreciate it if someone could show me how to install the program in English, haha. Thanks for replying though =)
Topic Starter
BlackTasty
The installation is still in German? xD
Usually the installer should change the langauage based on your computer language, but ClickOnce seems to be the worst solution for installations. Unfortunately it's the only free tool for creating an installer. I will search the internet for a better solution ;)

But the installation is easy: Start the setup.exe, click on "Installieren" and the installer will do everything for you. The application will start automatically after the installation ;)
FieryLight
Actually, I'm getting this: http://puu.sh/dyc3a/e7d4263729.jpg which I just realized means that I just don't have the .NET framework yet and I can probably find an English version for that online in the morning. But if the installation afterwards is still in German, I'll know what to do ;D
Topic Starter
BlackTasty

FieryLight wrote:

Actually, I'm getting this: http://puu.sh/dyc3a/e7d4263729.jpg which I just realized means that I just don't have the .NET framework yet and I can probably find an English version for that online in the morning. But if the installation afterwards is still in German, I'll know what to do ;D
.NET Framework 4.5 Here you are ;)
[Kanzaki Ranko]

bl8ckdr8gon wrote:

Working on it, but it's difficult to manage two skins where all images are loaded :/
Why so, RAM issues?
You could instead store the directories in the RAM and load the images on click. This would make the upper limit for element count nearly infinite (as strings take up almost no space compared to bitmaps).

Sorry if a problem like this has already been addressed, haha
Topic Starter
BlackTasty

Flameu wrote:

bl8ckdr8gon wrote:

Working on it, but it's difficult to manage two skins where all images are loaded :/
Why so, RAM issues?
You could instead store the directories in the RAM and load the images on click. This would make the upper limit for element count nearly infinite (as strings take up almost no space compared to bitmaps).

Sorry if a problem like this has already been addressed, haha
This problem is already solved ;) But the images themselves are not loaded into the RAM.
Topic Starter
BlackTasty
Update 3.3 Full is now avaible!
  1. Changed: The Syntax checking is now expanded (checking if the value is valid or not) and bugs are fixed
  2. Fixed: A bug in the skin.ini editor, which occured when deleting the last blank line, stopped you from editing the last line
b]IMPORTANT: A deinstallation is recommended before installing this version, otherwise updates could not work![/b]
Topic Starter
BlackTasty
Update 3.4 Full is now avaible!
  1. Added: Volume control in the bottom right of the controlpanel
  2. Added: Fullscreen support, changeable in the settings. Press F11 to toggle Fullscreen
  3. Changed: If youre screen is smaller than 800x600 px, the application does not start. Also if youre screen is not bigger than 800x600px, the simulator will not start
And yes, I am still developing this ^^
AGRX
Does this support HD skins ? (the @2x.png files)
Nathanael

Agrrox wrote:

bl8ckdr8gon wrote:

Today I want to show you a program where you can create and edit your skin. The system is simple: At the first startup you have to choose your skin folder from osu! And here you are! Now you can start your project. Also you have the possibility to create HD Skins with one click, mix two or more skins together and so on.
Topic Starter
BlackTasty

Agrrox wrote:

Yes it does support HD skins ;)
Topic Starter
BlackTasty
Update 3.6 Full is now avaible! Some new stuff and minor bug fixes are coming with this version.
  1. Added: Drag & Drop a skin or the skin.ini in the application to load the skin
  2. Added: In fullscreen mode, the application can now be minimized
  3. Added: A volume control in the skin mixer
  4. Changed: If you click on "Load Skin" (Ctrl + O) while in skin selection, the selected skin will be loaded
  5. Fixed: Changing the size of the application has moved the update status text & progressbar
  6. Fixed: When you switched to the skin selection after a skin was loaded, the name of the skin remained in the title bar
Topic Starter
BlackTasty
Update 3.7 Full is now avaible!
  1. Changed: If a sound was stopped, the info text said "Audio is playing". Changed to "Audio is stopped" when not playing
  2. Changed: Your skins will now be loaded in an extra thread. This means that you can use the application while the skin is loading. Also the skins will be loaded faster :)
  3. Fixed: Through update 3.4 you weren't able to load a skin when pressing Enter
  4. Fixed: The Back button didn't worked when you created a threadtext
Topic Starter
BlackTasty
Update 3.7.3 Full is now avaible! This update contains an Quickfix for the "export settings" function
  1. Added: You will now be asked if you're going to delete all skin backups
  2. Added: Your settings will now be temporarily exported in the installation folder after closing the application (more safety if the application can't read his own settings)
  3. Changed: The logfile-system is reworked. This gives me a better overlook if you run into problems :)
  4. Fixed: The size of the backup folder was not displayed right
  5. Fixed: Exporting your settings didn't worked properly
Danshi_old_1
This is really cool, nice job :D
DriftKingTW
Nice work. I love the skin mixer function.
But I think there was something wrong D:
It crashed when I restart the program... (System:Win 7)
If u can solve this problem, that would be great.
thank you :)
(SOR for poor English :( )
Topic Starter
BlackTasty

DriftKingTW wrote:

Nice work. I love the skin mixer function.
But I think there was something wrong D:
It crashed when I restart the program... (System:Win 7)
If u can solve this problem, that would be great.
thank you :)
(SOR for poor English :( )
Thank you :) Can you send me the log? The .txt file is located in the installation folder of the application (go to settings and double click on the installation path, then the folder will be opened for you ;))

EDIT: Okay, I tried it out. I will fix that ASAP. Thank you for letting me know that the mixer has a problem :)
Topic Starter
BlackTasty
Update 3.7.4 Full is now avaible!
  1. Added: "Valentines Day" Background
  2. Changed: New icon :D
  3. Fixed: The application crashed at startup after mixing skins
DriftKingTW
Hmm....the program still crashed after I close it.(I already uninstall the app before reinstall it)
I can't click the settings now...where can I find the log?
I can't find the installation path :o
Topic Starter
BlackTasty
The standard path should be
C:\Users\[USER]\AppData\Local\Apps\2.0\J9DP5DN5.GWY\VY1PZ6Z6.2C1\osus..tion_[Some numbers]
If you can't find the path, delete all folders in "2.0"
DriftKingTW
Here's the log :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
########################################################
## !!This application is copyrighted by bl8ckdr8gon!! ##
## Log created: 15.02.2015 at 14:50:06. ##
## ##
## If you run into problems, please send this log ##
## via pm on the osu! homepage or post it in the ##
## thread: http://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/231747 ##
########################################################

[INFO] 15.02.2015, 14:50:06: Initializing "log.txt"...
[INFO] 15.02.2015, 14:50:06: "log.txt" created!
[INFO] 15.02.2015, 14:50:06: Initializing Application..language set to "default"
[INFO] 15.02.2015, 14:50:06: Initializing Application..language set to "default"
[INFO] 15.02.2015, 14:50:06: Initializing complete! Loading settings...
[INFO] 15.02.2015, 14:50:06: Initializing complete! Loading settings...
[INFO] 15.02.2015, 14:50:06: Loading necessary data...
[INFO] 15.02.2015, 14:50:06: Loading necessary data...
[INFO] 15.02.2015, 14:50:06: Found no directory
[INFO] 15.02.2015, 14:50:06: Found no directory
[INFO] 15.02.2015, 14:50:29: Loading skins...
[INFO] 15.02.2015, 14:50:29: All skins loaded successfully!
[INFO] 15.02.2015, 14:50:32: Application closed with code 0
[INFO] 15.02.2015, 14:50:35: Loaded all data! Updater initialized...
[INFO] 15.02.2015, 14:50:35: Begin searching for Updates...Step 1: Getting version.txt
[INFO] 15.02.2015, 14:50:39: Loading skin into the application...
[INFO] 15.02.2015, 14:50:39: Downloaded "version.txt". Checking for version...
[INFO] 15.02.2015, 14:50:39: Everything is up-to-date!
[INFO] 15.02.2015, 14:50:48: --- loaded 519 files
[INFO] 15.02.2015, 14:50:48: --- loaded skin.ini
[INFO] 15.02.2015, 14:50:48: Set index to 0
[INFO] 15.02.2015, 14:50:48: Loaded skin successful!
[INFO] 15.02.2015, 14:51:04: Initializing Skin Mixer...
[INFO] 15.02.2015, 14:51:04: Skin Mixer successful started!
[INFO] 15.02.2015, 14:51:08: Creating Backup before User changes the skin...
[INFO] 15.02.2015, 14:51:14: Backup created!
[INFO] 15.02.2015, 14:51:14: Backup finished successful!
[INFO] 15.02.2015, 14:51:14: Loading skin into the application...
[INFO] 15.02.2015, 14:51:19: Loaded skin successful!
[INFO] 15.02.2015, 14:51:19: Disposing files...
[INFO] 15.02.2015, 14:51:19: Files disposed!
[INFO] 15.02.2015, 14:51:27: Loading skin into the application...
[INFO] 15.02.2015, 14:51:30: Loaded skin successful!
[INFO] 15.02.2015, 14:53:26: Attempting to save skin...
[INFO] 15.02.2015, 14:54:09: Sending skin back to Manager...
[INFO] 15.02.2015, 14:54:09: Loading skin into the application...
[INFO] 15.02.2015, 14:54:20: Initializing Application..language set to "default"
[INFO] 15.02.2015, 14:54:20: Initializing complete! Loading settings...
[INFO] 15.02.2015, 14:54:20: Found old installer files! Files deleted
[INFO] 15.02.2015, 14:54:20: Loading necessary data...
[INFO] 15.02.2015, 14:54:25: Initializing Application..language set to "default"
[INFO] 15.02.2015, 14:54:25: Initializing complete! Loading settings...
[INFO] 15.02.2015, 14:54:25: Loading necessary data...
[INFO] 15.02.2015, 14:54:31: Initializing Application..language set to "default"
[INFO] 15.02.2015, 14:54:31: Initializing complete! Loading settings...
[INFO] 15.02.2015, 14:54:31: Loading necessary data...
[INFO] 15.02.2015, 14:54:40: Initializing Application..language set to "default"
[INFO] 15.02.2015, 14:54:40: Initializing complete! Loading settings...
[INFO] 15.02.2015, 14:54:40: Loading necessary data...
[INFO] 15.02.2015, 14:54:52: Initializing Application..language set to "default"
[INFO] 15.02.2015, 14:54:52: Initializing complete! Loading settings...
[INFO] 15.02.2015, 14:54:52: Loading necessary data...
[INFO] 15.02.2015, 14:56:19: Initializing Application..language set to "default"
[INFO] 15.02.2015, 14:56:19: Initializing complete! Loading settings...
[INFO] 15.02.2015, 14:56:19: Loading necessary data...
[INFO] 15.02.2015, 15:00:03: Initializing Application..language set to "default"
[INFO] 15.02.2015, 15:00:03: Initializing complete! Loading settings...
[INFO] 15.02.2015, 15:00:03: Loading necessary data...
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Topic Starter
BlackTasty
Try this experimental build, it's not official but it should help me finding the problem faster :) :
Experimental 3.7.4.1
DriftKingTW
Same situation, crashed after relaunch it.
maybe "[INFO] 15.02.2015, 19:08:52: Found old installer files! Files deleted" is the problem?? :o
log:

[INFO] 15.02.2015, 19:07:45: Initializing "log.txt"...
[INFO] 15.02.2015, 19:07:45: "log.txt" created!
[INFO] 15.02.2015, 19:07:45: Initializing Application..language set to "default"
[INFO] 15.02.2015, 19:07:46: Initializing complete! Loading settings...
[INFO] 15.02.2015, 19:07:46: Loading necessary data...
[INFO] 15.02.2015, 19:07:46: Found no directory
[INFO] 15.02.2015, 19:08:21: Loading skins...
[INFO] 15.02.2015, 19:08:21: All skins loaded successfully!
[INFO] 15.02.2015, 19:08:25: Loaded all data! Updater initialized...
[INFO] 15.02.2015, 19:08:25: Begin searching for Updates...Step 1: Getting version.txt
[INFO] 15.02.2015, 19:08:28: Loading skin into the application...
[INFO] 15.02.2015, 19:08:30: Downloaded "version.txt". Checking for version...
[INFO] 15.02.2015, 19:08:30: Everything is up-to-date!
[INFO] 15.02.2015, 19:08:38: --- loaded 519 files
[INFO] 15.02.2015, 19:08:38: --- loaded skin.ini
[INFO] 15.02.2015, 19:08:38: Set index to 0
[INFO] 15.02.2015, 19:08:38: Loaded skin successful!
[INFO] 15.02.2015, 19:08:47: Application closed with code 0
[INFO] 15.02.2015, 19:08:47: Settings exported!
[INFO] 15.02.2015, 19:08:51: Initializing Application..language set to "default"
[INFO] 15.02.2015, 19:08:52: Imported settings!
[INFO] 15.02.2015, 19:08:52: Initializing complete! Loading settings...
[INFO] 15.02.2015, 19:08:52: Found old installer files! Files deleted
[INFO] 15.02.2015, 19:08:52: Loading necessary data...
Topic Starter
BlackTasty
No, this is normal after updates, but you can try to delete the "Installer" folder in the installation path of the application. Can you describe me what you have done before the crashes appeared? Would be nice :)
show more