forum

Am I making enough progress?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ShounenLink
Hello, this is my first post. (Play count 3,557 as of today)
I've been playing for almost 6 months using a mouse & keyboard. Until a few days ago I finally got a tablet after much hesitation and I got considerably better after the first day.
The reason I put off buying a tablet was because I'm left handed. In which I had to aim and tap with alternate hands. I was so used to the mouse that I thought I wouldn't be able to adjust to the change. Boy was I wrong! I should have switched sooner.
I know I haven't played a lot but I would like someone else's opinion on how I am progressing as far as rank goes? Am I least average? lol Thanks!
nrl
I think you're doing just fine.
Ninonuko
if that's your real playcount it's high average, imo
but if you have many playcount in offline I think you're not push yourself enough, just play something hard for you but you can pass it

chainwallet wrote:

I was so used to the mouse that I thought I wouldn't be able to adjust to the change. Boy was I wrong! I should have switched sooner.
everyone need to adjust, I haven't try tablet but I will try it soon
Holorin
^
Judge me senpai :D. Hitting the wall of 4 stars insane :(
nrl
Also fine. You're where OP could be in another thousand plays, realistically.
timemon

Oppai Neko wrote:

^
Judge me senpai :D. Hitting the wall of 4 stars insane :(
I think you will gain a lot of pp by playing 3.9-4.1 stars.
I don't think you've hit the wall yet, you just have to play more maps.

shit gets real when you reach high end 4 stars.
Kishidle
Since this thread seems to be a "judge me" type of thing...

How about me? lol. I don't think I've played offline so that's my real playcount if it matters lol.
E a g l e
I had your playcount after 1 week, but Im also semi-addicted so I think you're doing just fine ^^
Topic Starter
ShounenLink

sdrghjkkk wrote:

if that's your real playcount it's high average, imo
but if you have many playcount in offline I think you're not push yourself enough, just play something hard for you but you can pass it
Yes this is my real play count, and I don't think I play offline. Just a few nights a week when I have time.

I can do most songs on Hard difficulty and a few on insane but I always loose my combo mid song which gets frustrating because I know I can get a perfect on it. Any tips on accuracy?
nrl
You mean consistency? Play more. Or if you actually meant accuracy, play more. In general, play more.
Holorin
Yeah I'm practicing streaming now. Need to stop the habit to mash xD
I think I will be able to play 4 stars insane in about 1.5 month, but who knows :D
Loves
Play count means jack shet. It's all about total note hits, ranked score and total score imo
Vuelo Eluko

Loves wrote:

Play count means jack shet. It's all about total note hits, ranked score and total score imo
im king of total hits why do i still suck
beeboy123
Every person progresses at a different rate. You should decide whether you are progressing fast enough, woobowiz might not be progressing as fast as he wants while someone with 50k plays and is rank 10k is progressing as fast as they wished.
B1rd
who calls a song 'extra' when its star rating is hard difficulty with a length of 32 seconds? really.
Vuelo Eluko

B1rd wrote:

who calls a song 'extra' when its star rating is hard difficulty with a length of 32 seconds? really.
Irre.

difficulty names are usually relative to the other maps in the set, btw. That's why Aqo made an [Easy] that was 5.5 stars because well... if the 490 Style was the Insane... the 5.5 star map was the Easy in comparison...

if a diff is harder than the Insane of a mapset it can be called Extra easily.
Nameless
I think your doing just fine.
-Soba-
By today's standards you should be better than me within two months or you're progressing to slowly, good luck
Gumpy
3700 plays in 6 months. I made 6.3k plays in 2 months.
Yohei
I think you're doing pretty well, I have a lot more plays than you (6969 to be exact x_x), and I'm pretty sure my play count was around 3000 at 700pp. But that pp I also got a tablet, needless to say I improved so much xD and am continuing to do so :P.
Amianki
You haven't made enough progress until you're satisfied with where you're at.
Dexus
I hit the wall of 99% acc consistency at 5.5 stars. How does 6 star work.

What I've been doing is grouping by difficulty rating and sorting by bpm. Then I do a search of bpm>=180 stars>5. Playing in order by bpm with relatively the same star range has been pretty nice training. You can change the search methods to find what suites you.
totodile31
how about me lol
Topic Starter
ShounenLink
Thanks for all your answers! I know that I don't play as much as some of you, but these past few days I've played much more and I've ranked up almost 30,000 spots. Currently (72,090) :D
Loves

Dexus wrote:

I hit the wall of 99% acc consistency at 5.5 stars. How does 6 star work.

What I've been doing is grouping by difficulty rating and sorting by bpm. Then I do a search of bpm>=180 stars>5. Playing in order by bpm with relatively the same star range has been pretty nice training. You can change the search methods to find what suites you.

Man you needa push yourself. Nearly all my friends who started playing 3 years ago with maybe 7-10b ranked score are like under rank 500 now.
x_Co0ki420ezi_x
Comparing your progress to others in this game is stupid as hell because people play for different reasons. Some just want to pass time and click stuff while others play full time and try to make every play count. The more you invest into the game the more you'll progress, obviously. Just that in my opinion it's a bit sad how some people play for the sole purpose of getting better. Doesn't seem like a fun way to enjoy the game to me.
Dexus
Ask your friends to beat my score on this in one try with no mods like I did http://osu.ppy.sh/b/341891?m=0
If they all can do it then I'll switch to focusing on ranking and playing mods.