forum

i can't pass stuff like diamond and ignite insanes

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
xxdeathx
yeah the circles come really fast so i can't tell if i managed to hit them or not
Dexus

Riince wrote:

Also, it might be your technique. if you are using only your finger to singletap i could see you running out of stamina very rapidly and having a hard time with speed. make sure you're doing it right and using your wrist.
Using your wrist to single tap is doing it wrong. if you can't move your finger to tap 5 half notes how do you expect to hit a 10 note stream. You can't use your wrist to stream, if you do you're going to fuck your hands up and it will only make you mash notes. How well you can single tap notes on each finger relates directly to how well you're going to stream. If you don't believe me try single tapping with just your non-dominate finger for a week at moderate bpm and try streaming. You will notice an increase in your speed because your slow finger is what keeps you from moving faster. Once you're able to match speeds on both fingers it just comes down to practicing and playing that stuff that makes you uncomfortable. I'm not talking about 'My limit is 170 bpm, so let me play 260bpm stuff' it would be more like play 170bpm (AND UNDER) until you're perfect at it and then move to 175 and so on and so forth.

Also 170bpm is average, not low. Try playing this and see if you can even pass it https://osu.ppy.sh/b/252103
Iceskulls
Those two maps kinda have tricky pattern . I usually miss at some jumps becuase I can't snap the notes very well.
Try playing some jumpy maps to train your snapping skill but if your problem really is single tap try playing some AR9 maps with lower bpm and see how many acc you can get , if your acc above 95% you are good to go now
Vuelo Eluko

Dexus wrote:

Riince wrote:

Also, it might be your technique. if you are using only your finger to singletap i could see you running out of stamina very rapidly and having a hard time with speed. make sure you're doing it right and using your wrist.
Using your wrist to single tap is doing it wrong. if you can't move your finger to tap 5 half notes how do you expect to hit a 10 note stream. You can't use your wrist to stream, if you do you're going to fuck your hands up and it will only make you mash notes. How well you can single tap notes on each finger relates directly to how well you're going to stream. If you don't believe me try single tapping with just your non-dominate finger for a week at moderate bpm and try streaming. You will notice an increase in your speed because your slow finger is what keeps you from moving faster. Once you're able to match speeds on both fingers it just comes down to practicing and playing that stuff that makes you uncomfortable. I'm not talking about 'My limit is 170 bpm, so let me play 260bpm stuff' it would be more like play 170bpm (AND UNDER) until you're perfect at it and then move to 175 and so on and so forth.

Also 170bpm is average, not low. Try playing this and see if you can even pass it https://osu.ppy.sh/b/252103
not saying to do 260 he could try singletapping 190-200 until 170 is easy. of course you can use your finger to singletap when it's a lot slower than your max but 170 isn't a lot slower than his max is it? you use your wrist to go fast. ive always primarily used wrist to singletap and in doing so the bpm i could singletap with just my finger naturally went up. i have no explanation why it just works.

Besides, you get better at streaming by streaming, not singletapping. you're silly to think any kind of singletapping is going to effect streaming.

that map was tricky before i warmed up because but i got it eventually. regret playing it because the bpm made my tapping hand bored. a bit of a china dress syndrome.

also, 180 is average.
timemon
You might want to pass Snow Halation first before moving to diamond and ignite.
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/290188
same shit fun jumps but can be spooky.
nrl

nooblet wrote:

Hardly requires 10k to play Diamond
Right, it was meant as a joke.
Tokiwadai
I recently just FC'd Diamond with only 1x100. It isn't extremely hard, but from the looks of your situation, you probably just need to play more and become more consistent.
Dexus
I'm saying to single tap with your fingers because I too used my wrist to single tap. It does yield results but It isn't helpful. As I said you will yield more results relying solely on your fingers. I can single tap up to 300bpm+ with my wrist but can't come close to being stable with streaming.

If you use your fingers in the same motion as how you stream that's how you improve your streaming abilities by single tapping. I'm saying this stuff because I myself couldn't do 140bpm and single tapping was a pain in the ass. I alternated for about 3 years; for 2 years I switched to wrist single tapping; this past year I switched to fingers only. Out of all my playing using your fingers is most comfortable. It just sucks at the beginning because of how difficult it is.
notkris
diamond most rage inducing map wao
B1rd
Hitting consecutive circles is plain hard and requires good reading and practice. Practice more.

Dexus wrote:

Using your wrist to single tap is doing it wrong.
Cookiezi used wrist. Argument invalid.
Dexus
Cookies cheated multiple times along with doing several multi accounts and is currently banned.
nrl
A lot of top players "use wrist" to some extent.
razavana
This might not help all players (probably most) but i've found that removing the followpoints improved my singles hitting by alot, it give a completly different feel and oven though it might feel wierd at first it might help you
buny
how the hell are we supposed to know why? atleast provide a replay
beeboy123

waisokris wrote:

diamond most rage inducing map wao
Diamond in my opinion is one of the easier 5 4.95star maps
B1rd
It is probably he best farm map along with Daisy . (Although I can' even FC it, or do the streams in it, I should die.)
GoldenWolf
Please, World's End is the best pp farm map :^)
Vuelo Eluko

GoldenWolf wrote:

Please, World's End is the best pp farm map :^)
:^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^)
Blueprint
90% of osu maps are jump maps you'll come around eventually and find it easy because it's all jumps
Blueprint
Necro sorry. smaller jumps are harder to be consistent I think, oh and thank you to whoever challenged me <3.
Topic Starter
xxdeathx
after playing hard for over 2 weeks i finally did it

nrl
Now FC it.
Noobsicle
don't forget 98%+ accuracy for the gains
B1rd
the stream at the start is too hard.
Bim

B1rd wrote:

the stream at the start is too hard.