forum

So I've been thinking...

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Sylveon
Why is it with these types of games in particular that we feel the need (some of us including me) to impress others (noobs) to feel good about ourselves? Pretty sure this happens at all levels of the game. I mean I have a friend who always wants someone spectating him and to say he's doing great and 'wow that's amazing' I mean me personally I've been putting out vids of my monthly progression on this game but, if I'm being honest all I want people to do is say I'm doing great. I'm not going to lie, that's the truth.. But if you think about sports people have coaches and parents/friends who are ready to praise you if you do well. So why is it that we sometimes take offence to people trying to 'show off' when all they want is someone to say your doing great! And to validate your efforts. Meh.. Thinking over (not sure if should be in off topic thread Q.Q.. Also not sure if this is a question or.. Just me spilling my random thoughts on the forum

This obviously doesn't just happen on osu, I mean you get those guys in vines that are topless for no reason, has nothing to do with the vine. But if they workout they sure as hell want to show it... Are we all as humans really this insecure o.o..
Vuelo Eluko
humans like to show off
peacocks like to show off
some fish show off
the otter in my avatar, though you can't see it all, is indeed showing off.

it's just how it is
Kouya-

Riince wrote:

humans like to show off
some fish show off

it's just how it is
Pretty much .
Chamelo
Wait until I google image search your avatars.
Since when this is the furry meeting thread?

People like to show off, and they also hunger for appreciation.
Some people even try to suicide to gain attention.
That's how human mind goes.
Gumpy
Because dumb reasons.
Indeed_old_1
Everyone likes to feel like they are good at something, and we especially feel good about ourselves if we're better than someone else at it. I know I get satisfaction from beating my friends scores, that's why I always have friend ranking on.
Vuelo Eluko

Indeed wrote:

Everyone likes to feel like they are good at something, and we especially feel good about ourselves if we're better than someone else at it. I know I get satisfaction from beating my friends scores, that's why I always have friend ranking on.
i used to do that
then i lost supporter
Pain.
Weed

Riince wrote:

humans like to show off
some fish show off

it's just how it is
wow why'd i search for that image
Vuelo Eluko

bewaredrev wrote:

Riince wrote:

humans like to show off
some fish show off

it's just how it is
wow why'd i search for that image
you liked it