forum

osu!mania lane cover/sudden+ (towel mode)

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +274
Topic Starter
veovis
Would it be possible to get an adjustable lane cover for osu!mania, similar to Sudden+ from IIDX or LR2? I've heard it's possible to do a lane cover through skin editing (I haven't given it a shot yet) but that can't be adjusted on a song-by-song basis like Sudden+. Currently, the only way of doing this is oldschool IIDX style by placing a towel on your monitor.

This is a minor feature and I don't expect it to be added anytime soon when there are much more pressing priorities, but I just thought I'd throw it out anyways.
Blaizer
Would you want this as an option down the bottom when playing a song. It would be a slider like BG fade. Sounds good?
AstralPhnx
A lot of people would perfer a proper lane cover (I know I would) as opposed to the speed changes. Its just personal prefrence really.
ovnz
Old but (╯°□°)╯☆☆☆
Meme
yes please
richardfeder

African Anger wrote:

yes please
Tokiiwa
y e s
Bara-
I wouldn't use this, but I can see this being useful
Invisible support
Saranghae_old_1
Just as long as the mod's name is updated and a bit more epic rather than " Towel mode."
Babu24
Before I skinned a lane cover on I used this program called Screen Concealer it's a good work around until Blaizer implements it
OperaMini0
it would be nice if osu!mania had an "amount of milliseconds where the note is visible" setting too

currently, the only way to make the viewing area smaller is by lowering your hitposition (it works like lift, and it looks like this: https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/4157576 )

to get the "milliseconds visible", you can follow this:

13720 * (HitPosition/480) / ScrollSpeed
if my hitposition is 297, notes are visible for 499.367ms on 17 speed, which is almost 300 green number (500ms) in IIDX.
DeletedUser_6860160
Also, it would be cool to have a little indicator on the side that tells you if you're pressing too early or too late. Again, similar to IIDX.
OperaMini0

hizasama wrote:

Also, it would be cool to have a little indicator on the side that tells you if you're pressing too early or too late. Again, similar to IIDX.
and a progress display that can actually be viewed while playing (a vertical one near the playing area like in lr2/iidx, not a small pie chart all the way to the right or a nearly invisible bar on the bottom that is covered by the skin)

along with a way to place the score/accuracy percentage where you want it, because checking it without taking your eyes off of the lane is impossible right now. (it would be something nice to have even though there's no iidx style pacemaker)
Bara-
Those are all different requests
Please stick to one topic per thread (Towel mode in this case)
Friendan

hizasama wrote:

But there is already an indicator. Go to Options > General > Score meter type > Hit error
OperaMini0

Friendan wrote:

hizasama wrote:

But there is already an indicator. Go to Options > General > Score meter type > Hit error
it exists, but it normally isn't visible since it's not near the note lane so it's completely useless unless you're watching a replay or video
Muya
please :o
Niick Akira
Pleeeeeease :(