Hidden helps you to hear the song?

posted
Total Posts
show more
Martell

B1rd wrote:

Martell wrote:

Hidden sucks.
Don't start playing with it unless you're high ranked already.
Also normals/hards don't have hard patterns at all that you woudlnt recognise with hidden easily though. It's really hard at least for me to play insanes with tricky patterns so fuck hidden.
IMO hards have hard patterns. plenty of them have circle on every half note at AR8 180bpm. They just have less spacing.
Well, i can play most of the hards with HDHR but playing insanes with HD or HDHR makes me fucking cry because of those hidden notes i don't play with followpoints though
GoldenWolf

Martell wrote:

It could make your reading worse. I know people who were playing with hidden at beginning and then they couldn't play nomod properly. They could play hidden-only, but the problem is that most of maps are unreadable for them so it was a fucking tough case.
It's like that guy who learned ar10 before learning how to ar9 even. Hopeless.
Those people just aren't used to play with approach circles, but in any case having HD turned on all the time isn't even a bad thing.
If anything it would improve your reading and help you to rely on the actual rhythm/hitsounds/song instead of looking at approach circles to know when to hit them circles. That is, if you don't do it wrong and instead look at the fade-out to know when to hit.
Martell

GoldenWolf wrote:

Martell wrote:

It could make your reading worse. I know people who were playing with hidden at beginning and then they couldn't play nomod properly. They could play hidden-only, but the problem is that most of maps are unreadable for them so it was a fucking tough case.
It's like that guy who learned ar10 before learning how to ar9 even. Hopeless.
Those people just aren't used to play with approach circles, but in any case having HD turned on all the time isn't even a bad thing.
If anything it would improve your reading and help you to rely on the actual rhythm/hitsounds/song instead of looking at approach circles to know when to hit them circles. That is, if you don't do it wrong and instead look at the fade-out to know when to hit.
Well, i have problem with Hidden because of that i don't notice hidden circles in weird pattern sometimes. Are followpoints necessary?
GoldenWolf
They aren't.
In a few cases some hidden circles have to be memorized, but pretty much everything can be sightreadable on the first try, even with hidden, it's a matter of reading skill.
Martell
Aight.
B1rd

Martell wrote:

Well, i can play most of the hards with HDHR but playing insanes with HD or HDHR makes me fucking cry because of those hidden notes i don't play with followpoints though
hards with HD HR are the easiest thing, try them with HD only. AR8 with hidden will make you cry.
winber1
hidden is life
GoldenWolf

winber1 wrote:

hidden is life
and life makes you cry
buny

winber1 wrote:

hidden is life
hidden is love
nrl

GoldenWolf wrote:

In a few cases some hidden circles have to be memorized
Nah, just gotta get a better skin for hidden.
Dexus
Mods don't make you better, playing more does. Mods however can be used as tools to help you forcibly improve in certain aspects but it will still entail you playing more.