forum

Raw Imput

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Larry12
I've been going over my settings and i saw this option.It was already checked but i have no idea what it is and what it does.Next to it was a something called latency.So what is it and does it affect how I play?
Vuelo Eluko
bypasses all acceleration and supposedly reduces input lag
Topic Starter
Larry12
What do you mean bypass i don't quite understand.
Mathsma
It does not use the windows mouse setting or whatever other software is *currently* altering the mouse settings, it takes the input directly from the mouse bypassing all of the other software. If you have mouse driver software and a mouse with on-board memory, you can save those settings and they will become the settings that are stored on the hardware for osu's raw input to use.

To give an example, if you have a regular HP mouse from your local tech store it is likely that has only 1 setting with no mouse driver software. You may have altered the mouse sensitivity through the windows mouse settings but raw input ignores that completely and only uses the mouse default setting, this means you might have to change your osu! sensitivity in game to replicate a similar sensitivity.
Rokk
It's generally a good idea to always use raw input. You don't have to bother with stuff like the MarkC mouse fix, AFAIK.
Gumpy

Teraku wrote:

It's generally a good idea to always use raw input. You don't have to bother with stuff like the MarkC mouse fix, AFAIK.
But MarkC mouse fix works everywhere.