forum

Why is the game taking away pp when it shouldn't ?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Skrelz
Thank you if you're checking this post out. I was close to a fullcombo on https://osu.ppy.sh/b/169450?m=0 Lunatic difficulty some time ago and I got some pp even though I didn't fullcombo it. Today I decided to try and fullcombo this map and first try I only broke my record and it took away 20pp. So I played a few more times to try and fc it to see will I get my pp back, and I did and it gave me 10pp. So basically i lost 10pp for fullcomboing the song. Thank you for reading.
DENKOUSEKKA
Not sure If I'm going to be correct but It's probably because your accuracy was worse than the previous scores
f i z i k
accuracy counts more the closer it gets to 100%...if you have a 860 combo run with 99,5% it will be worth more than a 902 combo with 97% for example.
Topic Starter
Skrelz
My accuracy was 97.40% it wasn't bad but still. I would understand if i got 91 or 92% acc. Thanks for the tip
timemon
This is why you always fc or something like this can happen!
neonat
1-2% does matter, if your accuracy drops to let's say 97% when it was previously 98% it will drop quite a lot, even if you get a better score. Heck, I improve my accuracy on a song by around 1% (98% to 99%) but had less combo but improved my pp, that goes to show how important that little bit of accuracy is.
tryaway
I once had +16pp because my accuracy went higher because of one 300 note more
Sylveon

tryaway wrote:

I once had +16pp because my accuracy went higher because of one 300 note more
That's why we all want that SS yo
B1rd
someone tell me why I went online and S'd two hards, yet it doesn't show in my ranks. I want my x2 35pp ffs.
Mystrian_old
Now try to SS. Mod+SS is good.
tryaway

B1rd wrote:

someone tell me why I went online and S'd two hards, yet it doesn't show in my ranks. I want my x2 35pp ffs.
Sometimes, with bad luck, osu doesn't update your score.
I had a S on a map before and was so excited but it didn't count :(
Luckily I did it 10 times over to get my S back with a higher acc.
B1rd
it shouldn't have to do with luck. If I fc'd Image Material I would be slightly annoyed if it didn't count that time.
sangu

B1rd wrote:

it shouldn't have to do with luck. If I fc'd Image Material I would be slightly annoyed if it didn't count that time.
It's not luck, if you are disconnected from Bancho at any time during a play, the play will not be submitted, regardless of whether or not you reconnect before the end of the song. (These disconnects can be very quick)
Vuelo Eluko

sanguisinvia wrote:

B1rd wrote:

It's not luck, if you are disconnected from Bancho at any time during a play, the play will not be submitted, regardless of whether or not you reconnect before the end of the song. (These disconnects can be very quick)
actually score submission retries constantly for several hours after the initial attempt to a short disconnect does not prevent a score from being submitted unless you restart osu!
Noobsicle
-insert the quote of jesus, king of g&r-

@b1rd, might be an internet issue
B1rd
I guess I'll just have to wait till home internet is connected before I break the 500pp 100K barrier :roll:
Vuelo Eluko

B1rd wrote:

I guess I'll just have to wait till home internet is connected before I break the 500pp 100K barrier :roll:
b1rd 2k pp hype
B1rd

Riince wrote:

B1rd wrote:

b1rd 2k pp hype
you should wait so we can do it together.