forum

DPI To Tablet Area (???)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Sin1_old
If I move the mouse a certain distance in real life, say 1 inch... and the cursor moves x pixels on screen....technically can't I get the cursor to move the same pixels when I move my pen by 1 inch?

that said, can someone smart explain how to convert it? :3 (already googled it)

I just got a tablet and I can't even FC normal maps lol.... part of the reason for this is being lazy yes, I could get used to it if I play more but then I would be throwing away all my previous plays. I feel it would be easier to start again at the same dpi/area/settings I don't wanna lose my mouse skills>:(
Topic Starter
Sin1_old
or if someone can do the math for me: I use 1600 dpi
Vuelo Eluko
you'd need to supply more information. what was your windows sens on? 6/11? mouse acceleration? raw input? osu sens?

and i think Full Tablet is our G&R math guy so try asking him~ https://osu.ppy.sh/u/1077387
Topic Starter
Sin1_old

Riince wrote:

you'd need to supply more information. what was your windows sens on? 6/11? mouse acceleration? raw input? osu sens?

and i think Full Tablet is our G&R math guy so try asking him~
windows sens 5/11
mouse accleration 0
no raw input
osu sens 1x
Vuelo Eluko
no raw input and 5/11 makes this very difficult
you may as well just find an area and just use it.
Topic Starter
Sin1_old

Riince wrote:

no raw input and 5/11 makes this very difficult
you may as well just find an area and just use it.

Is 6/11 default? What if its 6/11? I think it was 5/11 by default on my computer I don't remember messing with it...and what exactly is raw input? I don't have the box checked in osu I don't usually lag anyways. But if its actually a mouse setting i can't find the option for it lol (I don't think I have it)
Vuelo Eluko
supposedly raw input bypasses the tiny acceleration that occurs even without enhanced cursor precision on and also reduces input lag by a few ms. 6/11 is the closest you can get to 1:1 even though it's not perfect 5:11 is not close to 1:1, not sure how much it changes your dpi but it makes finding the tablet area conversion much harder.

We'd also need to know your osu! resolution... it won't be 100% precise anyway you may as well just find a comfortable area.. its not as hard as it sounds
Topic Starter
Sin1_old

Riince wrote:

supposedly raw input bypasses the tiny acceleration that occurs even without enhanced cursor precision on and also reduces input lag by a few ms. 6/11 is the closest you can get to 1:1 even though it's not perfect 5:11 is not close to 1:1, not sure how much it changes your dpi but it makes finding the tablet area conversion much harder.

We'd also need to know your osu! resolution.

I see. Lets assume 5/11 1600 dpi is 1500 and 6/11? can we work with that? It'll be pretty close. and I use full screen. screen resolution 1366x768
KagamiHRS
The 5/11 setting is 0.75x windows sensitivity (3:4)
Only the vertical resolution matter the most so...
With 5/11 your equivalent dpi is 1200. So, 768/1200 is 0.6 inches of vertical tablet area and about 0.878 inches for horizontal
Vuelo Eluko

KagamiHRS wrote:

The 5/11 setting is 0.75x windows sensitivity (3:4)
Only the vertical resolution matter the most so...
With 5/11 your equivalent dpi is 1200. So, 768/1200 is 0.6 inches of vertical tablet area and about 0.878 inches for horizontal
thats so small omg
Topic Starter
Sin1_old
Thanks for solving it Kagami :3 I think I'll do what Riince said and use my own area after all XD

Sounds about right though since I usually play through maps without much arm movement. That's one of the things awkward about tablet to me, I actually have to move my arm. I'll probably use a small area just not as small as that.
Vuelo Eluko

Sin1 wrote:

Thanks for solving it Kagami :3 I think I'll do what Riince said and use my own area after all XD

Sounds about right though since I usually play through maps without much arm movement. That's one of the things awkward about tablet to me, I actually have to move my arm. I'll probably use a small area just not as small as that.
i use just about full area on my play area and my arm doesn't move. your grip must be very close to the tip i hold mine just above the button.
Topic Starter
Sin1_old

Riince wrote:

Sin1 wrote:

i use just about full area on my play area and my arm doesn't move. your grip must be very close to the tip i hold mine just above the button.
Hmm it is o: I'll try that thanks
Vuelo Eluko
the higher you hold the pen from the tip the bigger your range of motion by just using your fingers but at the same time the smaller of an area you use while holding the pen high up the less precision you have.

gotta find a balance point where you can hit all parts of the play area without moving your arm but not too much beyond that.
NixXSkate
Converting DPI to tablet area doesn't really work because of how easy it is to move a pen with your fingers. Even if you use a pretty large tablet area, your hand itself doesn't move that much (but it also depends on whether or not you use a weird grip). Cookiezi used full area, most of his movement coming from his fingers. When he used mouse however, his sensitivity was pretty high.

Actually Riince explained it pretty well.
Toysteh
i recently got a tablet a wacom ctl 480 my ingame sens was 1.0 it semed slow does it matter with windo sens?
Rynnavinx

Toysteh wrote:

i recently got a tablet a wacom ctl 480 my ingame sens was 1.0 it semed slow does it matter with windo sens?
If it seems slow, change tablet area, not ingame sens. Windows sens doesn't affect tablets, but I wouldn't recommend changing that either.

Also make a new thread next time
this thread is 3 years old like what the heck u doin
NixXSkate

Toysteh wrote:

http://jsfiddle.net/an789d4s/embedded/result/
You can use this site to calculate what your play area was with mouse, but keep in mind that your tablet area SHOULD be larger than your mouse play area because of the nature of aiming a pen with your fingertips is a lot different than moving a mouse which is mainly with your wrist.
MeteorRushes
Can sombody convert my sens i am using 1920x1080 resolution i am using raw input.not using mouse acceleration. Sens ingame is 1.08.
HaonJ

MeteorRushes wrote:

Can sombody convert my sens i am using 1920x1080 resolution i am using raw input.not using mouse acceleration. Sens ingame is 1.08.
refrain from posting on really old threads, just create a new one instead