forum

Michael Jackson - Man In The Mirror

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
eee
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Tuesday, November 30, 2010 at 10:40:43 AM

Artist: Michael Jackson
Title: Man In The Mirror
BPM: 50.16
Filesize: 6749kb
Play Time: 03:54
Difficulties Available:
  1. eeeasy (1.97 stars, 262 notes)
  2. Hard (4.56 stars, 499 notes)
  3. Jibber's Mirror (3.27 stars, 286 notes)
Download: Michael Jackson - Man In The Mirror
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
you've been struck by
dun dun
you've been hit by
dun
a Man in the Mirror?

My first attempt for real custom samplesets and scripting :O
yeahyeahyeahhh
Lovely map. THis is one of my favorite MJ songs. Great idea for the SB too, specially at the end. :(

Hard:
02:47:334 (1,2,3,4) - A bit messy/crowded. Consider moving it a bit. Lots like a bunch of regular notes.

Thats all T_T
termerys
i love this song!!
RIP Michael
RandomJibberish
Amazing SB and beautiful beat placement. I found only one problem in hard:
02:47:334 (1,2,3,4) - You can't see that 3 is a slider, and the whole combo is very cramped and hard to read.

Mind if I make a guest diff for this? I love the song :P
aRiskOfRain
Breathtaking.
RandomJibberish
K, here's my Diff, I'm pretty pleased with it. If you have any problems I'll try my best to fix them~

Download: Michael Jackson - Man In The Mirror (eee) [Jibber's Mirror].osu
jockeytiyan
Haha, nice SB, didn't notice MJ at the building at first. ^^

Overall: You can place the album from where this song came from in the Tags. :3

Jibber's Mirror:
SPOILER
I thought this was a Normal, according to the star rating, but I guess it's a Hard because of the OD. BTW, nice diff. :)

01:00:292 (8) - I think you'll need a warning SB for this slider.
02:07:268 (8) - ^

Normal:
SPOILER
02:32:384 (3) - Sorry for this but I think this slider looks ugly. :(
02:51:520 (3) - ^
02:52:417 - Kiai section sounds too loud, mind decreasing the volume?
03:16:337 - ^

Hard:
SPOILER
General: I suggest having a slider tick rate of 2 for this diff.

00:22:619 (1) - This looks like 2 hitcircles. I think this may get confusing for other players.
02:48:231 (4) - Suggestion: Take it out of the slider.
02:52:417 - Kiai section is too loud. :P
03:16:337 - ^

Weeee~ English song + Awesome mapping styles? Of course, you deserve a blue and a pink star. :3
RandomJibberish

jockeytiyan wrote:

Jibber's Mirror:
[spoilerbox]I thought this was a Normal, according to the star rating, but I guess it's a Hard because of the OD. BTW, nice diff. :)

It's almost a hold slider, so I don't think so. If a few people think it's too confusing i'll make it another short slider with a repeat though.
jockeytiyan

RandomJibberish wrote:

jockeytiyan wrote:

Jibber's Mirror:
[spoilerbox]I thought this was a Normal, according to the star rating, but I guess it's a Hard because of the OD. BTW, nice diff. :)

It's almost a hold slider, so I don't think so. If a few people think it's too confusing i'll make it another short slider with a repeat though.
Nah, I don't think you need to remap it. It's actually a nice part in the map. You can keep it as long as no BATs will complain. :)
NotShinta
Jibber told me to mod

Jibber's Mirror
00:54:910 (5) [And all other hang sliders] - Mm, I don't like this slider. It doesn't really fit the music for me either
01:00:292 (8) [And all similar sliders] -That is one awesome slider, but I'm not sure it's rankable.
01:02:086 (2,3) [And all similar sliders] - Not necessary, but might be better aligned?

See nothing wrong with other diffs starred
RandomJibberish

IAmNotShinta wrote:

Jibber told me to mod

Jibber's Mirror
00:54:910 (5) [And all other hang sliders] - Mm, I don't like this slider. It doesn't really fit the music for me either I think the slider speed is low enough for it not to be confusing, and it ends when the oohh changes note so I don't mind the timing. I'll change if it annoys others too though.
01:00:292 (8) [And all similar sliders] -That is one awesome slider, but I'm not sure it's rankable. I'm pretty sure it is, there was a similar one in Agent Spin Here's Harder Better Faster Stronger which didn't trip me up when I first saw it.
01:02:086 (2,3) [And all similar sliders] - Not necessary, but might be better aligned? Looks fine to me.

See nothing wrong with other diffs starred
Garven
[Jibber's Mirror]
01:40:059 This slider looked a little weird to me. Maybe set the guide points to ... wtf am I doing? It looks the same after I fix it.
02:00:092 [1] This whistle doesn't really fit here.

[Normal & Hard]
Top notch hit sound and custom hit sound usage!

Looks fine to me. Star~
RandomJibberish
Eirene
nothing to say about the map...it's perfect,
but you should cut the mp3 ...

really a great map *.* STAR
Caroline7
The map is really good. This song is perfect for osu :D. I love it. Please rank this map :)
FlyingBean
It's a beautiful song..I love it
braian5234
good song ♫
gyt
[overall]
02:14:145 - too loud for me; lower volume level to 80%?
02:52:417-03:14:063- again too loud; lower volume level to 80%? (hard already has it, but not others)
03:16:337-03:35:886 - 80%? (hard already has it, but not others)
03:35:886-03:49:974 - 70%? (now hard has 80%)

I really love everything else in this map! Especially hit sounds!
Semi_Semi
nice song i like michael jacson

star ~~ :D

http://osu.ppy.sh/u/171926
orioncomet
[Jibber's Mirror]
01:00:292 (8) - o.o;; isn't this silder unrankable >_<?

*w*/ thats all for me other diff seem fine... and i love this song ;w; ~
RandomJibberish
Bah I don't think it's that hard to follow it's almost a hold slider blah blah etc etc

I'll change if you insist
Topic Starter
eee

RandomJibberish wrote:

Bah I don't think it's that hard to follow it's almost a hold slider blah blah etc etc

I'll change if you insist
I like it. I think kick sliders are fair, I have a WIP with one of those, and I want somebody to say that they actually missed at one of these. Just because it doesn't look right, doesn't mean it isn't right. Lemme know if you want to change it, I mean, some players are gonna rage, idk.
Doomsday
Yo :)

Just to drop this here, I think that those sliders are unrankable, because of how you can't see if it has any repeats or whatever. that, and it's not clear how the slider actually goes.

1. The BPM sounds a tiiiiiny bit off. I got 50.164 (A mere .003 off of your old one, but with a 4 minute song, you can notice it near the end)
[EEEASY]

Lookin' good to me

[JIBBER'S MIRROR] (Is this a Normal or a Hard? I can't tell)

Apart from those sliders, nothing to report. 'tis nice

[HARD]

Looks clean to me. Pretty fun too actually.

Good stuff. A nice little package: Nice map, nice song, and a nice storyboard too. Just a few tech issues. We need more MJ here anyway. :D
If you do decide to change those sliders (and the timing, of course), I'll give you a bubble.
RandomJibberish
yawn old diff is old

fixed some stuff

Download: Michael Jackson - Man In The Mirror (eee) [Jibber's Mirror].osu
Doomsday
Damn. I missed something. Jibber's diff has a different offset to the other diffs too (It has 9,164, while the others have 10,360. 10,360 sounds better I think).
Doomsday
Hooray!
kingcobra52
Jibber's Mirror

03:36:085 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5,1) - This ending is acceptable, but it feels kinda awkward having one big spinner, a few more beats/sliders, and another big spinner to end it. Have you experimented with other alternatives (ending after 03:30:702 (1) or deleting the last spinner and continuing to map to the same length as easy/hard. I felt their endings were really good)

Only issue I really noticed, so the bubble will stay. If you decide to leave it as it is, I'll rank. Just let me know of your decision beforehand.
RandomJibberish
Mm, I kinda like it as it is now. I'll change it if eee/someone else agrees though
Topic Starter
eee
I haven't checked it yet, though. I was either waiting for you to respond. I don't have much access to osu, I can change something quick if somebody else wants to.
kingcobra52

RandomJibberish wrote:

Mm, I kinda like it as it is now. I'll change it if eee/someone else agrees though
Seems like everyone else feels indifferent, so it's fine.

Ranked!
Topic Starter
eee
thanks kobra :)
Nadina120
nice XD