forum

Is it just me or am I to fast for certain maps

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
YostoneTV
So ye, title somewhat says it all. Here, I'll give an example.

I came back to Osu early this year and I love some of the Dragonforce songs (pretty much all of those who have been mapped),
so I were motivated to become good enough to play (let's take for example Revolution Deathsquad) Revolution Deathsquad.
Later on I found out that I were to fast and inaccurate so I edited the map so it became faster, which I then managed to play.
Now lately I thought that "I should be good enough now to be able to do the beatmap with original settings". I were dead wrong.

Now I'm wondering if this is just me or if this is a universal feeling or experience,
that you simply get to fast for certain maps after some time and then I guess after even more time you will get used to both slow and really fast maps.
sayonara_sekai
its easier to mash through faster maps. Slow AR/bpm actually requires you to play osu like a rhythm game.
Zare
I'd like to know how you edited the map to be faster

so i know whether I should laugh or cry like a baby
Vuelo Eluko
anyone can mash super fast that isnt even playing the game properly
buny
I'd SS freedom dive, but I'm just too fast for it
Topic Starter
YostoneTV
Zare. I went into edit, clicked song setup, clicked Difficulty and then raised the Approach Rate and Overall Difficulty.
I didnt find the map that amusing as it's quite slow and the song is pretty fast.
But I assume I'll get used to such rhytm as time passes by.
Blueprint
It's easier to be faster than slow in many situations in order to be good at slow you need to play with it a little and resist the urge to go faster
Zare
most likely your reading sucks

also I can almost guarantee that you're not too fast for 200 BPM dragonforce streams
the maps feel slower because of realitvely low AR.

you should consider learning the basics before attempting maps than barely anyone can play properly
Topic Starter
YostoneTV
Hmm, okay. Seems like I'm going back to hard and normal difficulty to try get a better sense of rhythm.
Please, any other kind of criticism, tips & tricks and whatnot, please just throw it at me.
GoldenWolf
So, you're just mixing "being too fast" with "unable to read low AR"
You're not "too fast", in fact you're even too slow for these maps, but that also means you can't read well and you lack control over your fingers

One is never "too fast" for something, but simply suck for not being able to control their fingers properly
Topic Starter
YostoneTV
Thats correct, I'm not able to read low AR.
I just didnt know what else to call it than "being too fast"
as what I ment by "being too fast" was that I would click the circles way to early (reacting way to fast).
I'm surprisingly horrible at reading rhythm even though I play instruments.
YukinoDesuDesu
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/34997&m=0
tasty diff will learn you some discipline
Vuelo Eluko

Asiangodx2 wrote:

https://osu.ppy.sh/b/34997&m=0
tasty diff will learn you some discipline
but delicious diff is fun
Bauxe

YostoneTV wrote:

Thats correct, I'm not able to read low AR.
I just didnt know what else to call it than "being too fast"
as what I ment by "being too fast" was that I would click the circles way to early (reacting way to fast).
I'm surprisingly horrible at reading rhythm even though I play instruments.
This is merely a quote from me yesterday. In no way aimed at you, but gives you an idea of what your problem could be.

Bauxe wrote:

most people don't start 10ar until like 5k. And people who do start at your rank, come back in a month bitching about being unable to read anything lower than 10.
Martell_old_1

Riince wrote:

anyone can mash super fast that isnt even playing the game properly
I can't
Topic Starter
YostoneTV
Ty for the beatmap link Mr AsianGod.
I'm pretty sure the problem I'm having is caused by me playing maps
with AR at 8-10, then getting used to such AR and then being unable/bad at reading lower AR.
P.S Links to beatmaps which could help me out with learning to read low AR, are more than welcome.
jesse1412

YostoneTV wrote:

Ty for the beatmap link Mr AsianGod.
I'm pretty sure the problem I'm having is caused by me playing maps
with AR at 8-10, then getting used to such AR and then being unable/bad at reading lower AR.
P.S Links to beatmaps which could help me out with learning to read low AR, are more than welcome.
Don't even play ar10 ever for now. Transition slower, it's easier to learn to read high AR's than low AR's so learn the low ones now and build those skills into your core playing.
Topic Starter
YostoneTV
Wilco.
Topic Starter
YostoneTV
If I may ask, what would you say is the maximum AR I should be playing at?
Jesus1412 said that I should not touch AR10 for now, so should I set the bar at AR9? AR8?
Sophia
Ar 7-8 seems good. Possibly 6-8.
Martell_old_1

YostoneTV wrote:

If I may ask, what would you say is the maximum AR I should be playing at?
Jesus1412 said that I should not touch AR10 for now, so should I set the bar at AR9? AR8?
Learn AR8 and AR9.
nooblet

Bauxe wrote:

most people don't start 10ar until like 5k.
[/quote]

:( :( :(

Senpai hidoi, what about those who can't and probably never will read AR10 ;w;