forum

Arm Singletapping

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
FlyingKebab
So i recently read that there is a technique where a person lifts his arm from the resting position on the keyboard and uses his arm to tap a key. I tried this method yesterday and I can say that I like it a lot however, i have questions on this topic:

1. What are actually the benefits of this technique (Considering i am not going to tense up my finger to tap like crazy, because that is pointless when you have two fingers to stream TBH), does it lower fatigue? does it increase tapping speed? does it increase accuracy?

2. How does one quickly transition from single tap to alternation for triplets and streams without missing something, will it come with time as i get used to the technique?

3. How high do you lift your arm and then tap? 1, 5 ,10 cm?

EDIT: I do not think i am going back to finger tapping, because arm tapping just has a sort of godly feedback, it feels like i am actually hitting something rather than tapping a micro laptop key with no resistance.
Bauxe
Everyone plays differently. Work out the best way that suits you, and stick to it.
Bakanowy
as you keep playing you'll find what works for you.. theres no real way to tell you whats going to work best. just keep tapping.
Zare
"1. What are actually the benefits of this technique (Considering i am not going to tense up my finger to tap like crazy, because that is pointless when you have two fingers to stream TBH), does it lower fatigue? does it increase tapping speed? does it increase accuracy?"

- It's undoubtedly easier to aquire speed and consistency and stability when singletapping with your arm.

"2. How does one quickly transition from single tap to alternation for triplets and streams without missing something, will it come with time as i get used to the technique?"

- A matter of practice entirely. Tbh, this isn't something you need to worry about, it will just come naturally as you improve.

"3. How high do you lift your arm and then tap? 1, 5 ,10 cm?"

- Whatever's comfortable, I guess? nI never payed attention. All you need is enough space to move your arm up and down, lol
buny

Zare wrote:

It's undoubtedly easier to aquire speed and consistency and stability when singletapping with your arm.
Citation required