forum

Am I the only one whose hands hurt after playing ?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ArcticShark
Literally every time I decide to play osu for more than 45mins my hands and wrists start hurting Q_Q...Which is weird coz I played the piano for 6years...Anyone else got that prob :( ?
Kouya-
Do you like, play 45 min non-stop ?

Take breaks after every song, it helps from your wrists or your hands from hurting .

Or you can try stretching, because when you play the piano, don't you move your hands around a lot ?

Osu, doesn't require much movement at all .
Aurani
Fapping more helps build the stamina.

On a serious note - can you describe the pain and the EXACT areas in which it hurts? How much does it hurt - as in, how intense is the pain on a scale from 1 to 10? More details generally helps more towards solving the problem.
DeletedUser_4041880
You're probably tensing your hands and locking up your wrist. Just relax a bit while you play and like SupaWolfTiga said, take breaks. You don't have to take them after every song, but try to do it once in a while. Also warming up on the piano before playing could possibly help with the pain.

(Assuming that the pain is from your tapping hand here) I'm not sure if you hold your wrist up for your tapping hand, but try resting it on the table if you aren't already doing that. However if your wrist is already on the table, maybe holding it up could help. Also don't mash your keyboard like you do for the piano keys or tense up your fingers. You're just lightly tapping the keys- like playing staccato notes.
Sylveon
i just ignored the pain... but now i have a repetitive strain injury... yay
ZenoDiac

ArcticShark wrote:

Literally every time I decide to play osu for more than 45mins my hands and wrists start hurting Q_Q...Which is weird coz I played the piano for 6years...Anyone else got that prob :( ?
I also play piano and it doesn't seem to affect me at all. In fact I think it helps.
Unless you're crushing your wrists on the table or something ; just get a something soft to put underneath I guess.
Fluxi
It also could be a case of your hand not being able to cope with the advancements in your play and the stains it puts on your hand. You might just need to keep playing until your hands adjust but do take frequent breaks so not to injure your hands.
Nameless
I get hand pain after harder maps.
I try to do long maps without breaks to build my hand stamina
Vuelo Eluko
nope not unless im streaming for a long time.

i played the unforgiven marathon [almost an hour] and it wasn't the least bit fatiguing.
ivan
x
Kurabuman
My hands don't exactly hurt, but if I play without breaks I start to shake to the point where it's unbearable and ruins my play. Just take lots of breaks, maybe after every one or two songs.
Gumpy
No. :(
Topic Starter
ArcticShark
:o ty for all the advice guys, very much appreciated <3 ....Sry I couldn't thank y'all earlier, I was busy irl -giggles-

@Ivan lol...no pain no gain ^^
Cocaine dog
Its normal, this game fucks ur hands up
Starfall9908
It happens to me too. I often play up to 2-4 hours in row and have been doing it for around 9-10 months. It sometimes happens that my fingers hurts like hell or can't move my wrist after playing Osu! I'm used to it so it's not a big problem to me anymore (even though it hurts like hell)
ChuTwo_old
My hands get r.i.p after like 3 maps.
Coeurbee
Passed "caramel heaven" nyquill's insane difficulty tonight... First time my hand actually really hurt playing osu!, since I do take a short break after each song to make small circles with my wrist and move my fingers.
But after passing this map, I couldn't play for like... one hour. And felt pretty stupid ^^
Hand massage and making fingers move slowly was a great help.

And I'll say it again, having a good position (body AND hands) is really important if you play a lot of maps in a row, no matter your level.

(about the post which opened this thread... I've been playing the piano for over 6 years but osu! is a pretty different effort for the hands ^^)