forum

Osu! Ultimate Leagues

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Speed of Snail
I didn't think this would be a problem but apparently it is.

Falsely Posting scores or submitting scores without ss or changing a finalized score will result in a ban from participating in future tournaments.

I honestly didn't think people would be this retarded but apparently a few people in particular are having issues cooperating and doing so will result in either a forfeit or a ban depending on my personal discretion.
Raiku
world league pls! (submitted on challonge)
Winter-Fox_old

Ongaku wrote:

I'll sign up for gold, but if I make it through 10k before the tournament starts, I would like to be placed in master.

osu! ULT GOLD DIVISION SEASON 2

Rey5TV vs. Ongaku
Ongaku I wish you would come down to Silver/Gold where I am, So I could kill u.
Ongaku

Winter-Fox wrote:

Ongaku wrote:

I'll sign up for gold, but if I make it through 10k before the tournament starts, I would like to be placed in master.

osu! ULT GOLD DIVISION SEASON 2

Rey5TV vs. Ongaku
Ongaku I wish you would come down to Silver/Gold where I am, So I could kill u.
Winter-fox, Please. Not here. :v
Topic Starter
Speed of Snail
OK time has come, expect 8 new map pools to come out by midnight PDT tomorrow, I'm going for an overhaul to start every league as there is now a number of players across every rank. gl to all those participating. Also after these start there may be a small break in time where registration will not be open, this should only last 24-48 hours tops, so don't worry if it isn't opened at the time.

Raiku wrote:

world league pls! (submitted on challonge)
shit just got real
Illus
Not sure if it will be relevant since this tournament is going pretty slowly but I'll be away from the game for about 7 to 10 days. So in the case things actually advance fast enough, please bear with waiting for my reply.

I'm the only person in the third round in Gold League Season 1A, so I guess it'll be fine.

PS. Looking forward to having new mappools. I hope they will be bigger. In case of doubt with according rules (like having to pick at least 1 mod map or sth like that, dunno).
Topic Starter
Speed of Snail

Illus wrote:

Not sure if it will be relevant since this tournament is going pretty slowly but I'll be away from the game for about 7 to 10 days. So in the case things actually advance fast enough, please bear with waiting for my reply.

I'm the only person in the third round in Gold League Season 1A, so I guess it'll be fine.

PS. Looking forward to having new mappools. I hope they will be bigger. In case of doubt with according rules (like having to pick at least 1 mod map or sth like that, dunno).
for now the map pools will remain on the smaller side (10-12 maps) However if the tournaments end successfully i will be looking at some level of expansion so you can look forward to that ;P
Mofu kun
so is gold league season 1A using the new map pools for round two?
Topic Starter
Speed of Snail
No, the intent is you use the same map pool for the entire season, I'm going to reformat the season to increase productivity soon however I'm going to let the tournaments going on currently run themselves out, however if a couple weeks pass and no significant movement occurs I will force the tournaments forwards.
Not to worry though as once these tournaments play out a much better and consistent format, at that time prizes will likely also be added in however that's for a later time. once again thanks for staying active and asking questions.
Evanescent-
My Opponent is currently dead and I'm over #30,000, what should I do?
tryaway
We should make a deadline for round 1, because I see some people just waiting for their previous round opponent to be played.
I have the same problem and I tried to contact to my 'round 1' opponents but it seems that they have another name in Osu! than in Challonge.
Athrun
Huh. Can't find my name.
Topic Starter
Speed of Snail
Yes there is a large problem right now in a few people simply not participating, as in they just refuse to speak with anyone and they aren't playing, being as it's been 2 weeks i think its fair of me to just ff players who are yet to even attempt to play a match, Also if anyone is curious as to why the registration is closed that's because I'm going to be moving over after the current seasons end to a much stronger and more rewarding format. Details will come in the future so keep posted. Additionally if anyone happens to be good at web page development or holds online domains Send me a message I'd like to talk to a few. And yes this is the time when prize pools and live streaming of high level matches will start taking place. I'll post about this again soon.
Topic Starter
Speed of Snail
Also, In world league, Who is "Ekik".

I've been unable to find your account on osu! could you please post here or send me a message stating who you are.
Chocolat
So for some reason I got a win without actually playing? I don't understand this.
Nezzar
I wonder if "HydraOsu" is really my opponent as he last seen is 1 yrs ago and with no BPs :S
Topic Starter
Speed of Snail

clp012345 wrote:

I wonder if "HydraOsu" is really my opponent as he last seen is 1 yrs ago and with no BPs :S
Hydra osu is just hydra as the name hydra was taken on challonge
Topic Starter
Speed of Snail

Chocolat wrote:

So for some reason I got a win without actually playing? I don't understand this.
Your opponent was inactive and didnt respond so he ff by default.
Athrun
Sent a message to my challenger. Seeing if he replies.
Lyubey
Who is meeeau? They are my opponent and I can't find them on osu either? Also how do you want us to send the final result? I'm not sure what you meant by sending screenshots
FreshMint
Ready when you are @Illus
tryaway

Louis13 wrote:

Who is meeeau? They are my opponent and I can't find them on osu either? Also how do you want us to send the final result? I'm not sure what you meant by sending screenshots
sending screenshots of both scores for proof that you won that round.
Rammler
Btw I noticed that you deleted your twitch channel from the description too. Why don't you stream any of the games?
Ongaku

Robincookie wrote:

Btw I noticed that you deleted your twitch channel from the description too. Why don't you stream any of the games?
This tournament is self moderated, meaning there are no ref, but you and your opponent. This is caused by the lack of staff.
Athrun
Um, its been 2-3 days and my challenger has not responsed, does that mean I move on to the next round?
Topic Starter
Speed of Snail

Athrun_Yamato wrote:

Um, its been 2-3 days and my challenger has not responsed, does that mean I move on to the next round?
Give him a couple more days and I'll try myself, if he remains inactive for 5-7 days then he will ff by default
Ju-kun143
B1rd
Registration is closed? I'd like to participate in the Silver league.
tryaway
You are Asserich then I suppose?
Have you contacted Sn3g (or whatever his name is in Osu)?
If you tried to contact him for a match and he didn't response, then it is fair that you get the defwin and then match up against me.
But the host (TheOnlyLeon) didn't know that you have or tried contact Sn3g, so you too are at fault by not letting the host know you tried.
The result is that you two DQed because of bad/no communication.

Also, because of this I want to set up rules for this tournament because it's going passively.
We have to set up deadlines for rounds because of people waiting for their previous round to be played.
2 weeks is a good deadline for opponents to decide a match date (match does not have to played within the deadline)
So 2 weeks to decide a match time AND tell the host when you are matching against each other. (because the host might think you are AFK)
Topic Starter
Speed of Snail

tryaway wrote:

You are Asserich then I suppose?
Have you contacted Sn3g (or whatever his name is in Osu)?
If you tried to contact him for a match and he didn't response, then it is fair that you get the defwin and then match up against me.
But the host (TheOnlyLeon) didn't know that you have or tried contact Sn3g, so you too are at fault by not letting the host know you tried.
The result is that you two DQed because of bad/no communication.

Also, because of this I want to set up rules for this tournament because it's going passively.
We have to set up deadlines for rounds because of people waiting for their previous round to be played.
2 weeks is a good deadline for opponents to decide a match date (match does not have to played within the deadline)
So 2 weeks to decide a match time AND tell the host when you are matching against each other. (because the host might think you are AFK)
I completely agree with this post, Frankly the only reason this wasn't implemented was because I honestly didn't expect so many people to sign up and simply not do anything, almost a third of all the players signed up have been booted for afk'ing now which is a WAY higher percentage than there was in my last tournament. As much as I would like to implement this now it's extremely messy to attempt to add new rules half way through and I guarantee that there's going to be 5-10 people who complain because they don't know what time is and get ff'd.

anyways the reason reg is closed is the same reason I'm not putting up a live stream or pushing match times, I'm currently building and external web domain that I'd like to move to, I'm not going to say much now as details are sketchy and I'm still working with legal shenanigans so that I can add a pretty prize pool without getting myself into trouble, I hate money sometimes.

finally I'm going to passively enforce this rule, the time will not be set but if you haven't given me any messages or said anything to me or played a single match in about 2 weeks you WILL be kicked form the tourney, Winners of each division will be posted onto the original thread, and koreanmaruco who is still in the bracket for gold because i cant auto boot past the losers bracket until someone goes up against him, will be kicked as soon as someone gets to him so don't worry about playing him. He was screwing with scores earlier so i have decided to ban him. Anyways this is one of the longest post I've put up in a while, gl and hf to all those who are participating I'll be back with more news within 2 weeks.
Athrun
So, my challenger is ff??
Ju-kun143
Lyubey
My oponent cannot be found on osu.... Help
Topic Starter
Speed of Snail

Louis13 wrote:

My oponent cannot be found on osu.... Help
https://osu.ppy.sh/u/meeeeeeeeeeeeau

there he is, count the e's, yes it's annoying when someones username is like this but it's 12 e's
Rammler
Sry but I will unregister myself for now, my rank is just too high for bronze and I don't want to know which rank I am when the tournament will start.
uhhh
i think i should be in masters league now
should i
i dunno
FreshMint
what happens if you surpass your rank bracket during the tournament?
die9_8

Helius wrote:

what happens if you surpass your rank bracket during the tournament?
I asked the same thing, you continue with the bracket until the next season as long as you've played one match already.
Athrun
I lost. 0-4 Silver League Season 2

http://osu.ppy.sh/mp/9403692
The first ready or not song does not count.
show more