forum

Osu! Ultimate Leagues

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Speed of Snail
I'm not sure if I didn't convey this properly but for season 1 the same maps will be used in every round. I'm sorry if this information was not properly conveyed to all players. If it is requested bigger map pools and varying map pools will be introduced in coming seasons. Best of luck.
[Lunatic Cat]
is Grand Master Division Season 2 started?

then, should I wait for map pools?

or just make a promise, and play random maps?
RedKing
hey technocross, im awake around 11am-3am english time, please message me to make agreements on our match please.
Topic Starter
Speed of Snail

[Lunatic Cat] wrote:

WAit for pools they will be out soon. Also the only reason I set it to start was because there was exactly 16 players and i wanted to move registration over to season 3 to make things easier for everyone, might be a bit before matches actually start though.
Geniance
Could whoever 'theReealAdamK' is on Challonge get in contact with me to discuss match times 'n' such. Thanks :D
[Lunatic Cat]

TheOnlyLeon wrote:

[Lunatic Cat] wrote:

WAit for pools they will be out soon. Also the only reason I set it to start was because there was exactly 16 players and i wanted to move registration over to season 3 to make things easier for everyone, might be a bit before matches actually start though.

Ok. I'll wait. :D
Athrun
I signed up. Now where is that Jonah guy (Silver League)
Athrun
When the competition begins, do you decide what song to do?
Because i feel that we should keep having a choice each.
EliteFourLance

Athrun_Yamato wrote:

You each select a map from the selected map pool.
Athrun

EliteFourLance wrote:

Athrun_Yamato wrote:

You each select a map from the selected map pool.
Ju-kun143
JonasP
why does the mappool have so short maps? :o
Rammler
Hey I just wanted to say that this guy here: https://osu.ppy.sh/u/001thefish has signed up for bronze and silver tournament while he is #~30k and i wanted to ask if thats even allowed or something... oh and what about this guy https://osu.ppy.sh/u/kaaedan he signed up for bronze but was #~60k and i'm not sure if thats allowed too ^^
Topic Starter
Speed of Snail

Robincookie wrote:

Hey I just wanted to say that this guy here: https://osu.ppy.sh/u/001thefish has signed up for bronze and silver tournament while he is #~30k and i wanted to ask if thats even allowed or something... oh and what about this guy https://osu.ppy.sh/u/kaaedan he signed up for bronze but was #~60k and i'm not sure if thats allowed too ^^
not allowed, i think its pretty obvious when someone joins the match and their rank is way off though, in general they will be forced to forfeit as soon as they play.
Athrun

TheOnlyLeon wrote:

Robincookie wrote:

not allowed, i think its pretty obvious when someone joins the match and their rank is way off though, in general they will be forced to forfeit as soon as they play.
We need better song choices :/
Topic Starter
Speed of Snail
Ok then if anyone wants you can PM me some maps and if they're about the right difficulty I'll put them in, however if i don't get suggestions you'll have to put up with songs i think are decent. sound fair? good.
Makan1
I cant DL 3 maps in gold pool because of DMCA btw
Topic Starter
Speed of Snail

Makan1 wrote:

I cant DL 3 maps in gold pool because of DMCA btw
Ok 1. if you're in season 1A why are you only just now dl'ing them?

2. these are happening as I go and in future pools i will make sure that they are all available but i released these pools weeks ago and if you're playing in it you Should have already downloaded the required maps, if you really need them cause for some reason you hadn't downloaded them yet you can use alternative sites i guess but I'm not changing the map pool mid season.
MostDakka
The maps arent working since mappool was released I posted it few pages back[page 14, 5 days ago].
Rammler

TheOnlyLeon wrote:

Robincookie wrote:

but what about me then im rank 64k and i think i will get even higher till the tournament starts. Will it be okay cause im not that much higher than 70k or should i wait for the next tournament in silver?
Chocorock
I'm still waiting for a reply from Lockenbob. I PMed him/her about a week ago...
EliteFourLance

Chocorock wrote:

I'm still waiting for a reply from Lockenbob. I PMed him/her about a week ago...
If he does not respond then you move on.
Topic Starter
Speed of Snail
[/quote] but what about me then im rank 64k and i think i will get even higher till the tournament starts. Will it be okay cause im not that much higher than 70k or should i wait for the next tournament in silver?[/quote]

Honestly just sign up for whatever league you currently fall under and if for some reason there isn't a tournament in that division soon enough and you move up a league then just remove yourself from silver and re register into gold, ofc if the tournament is live and you move up a league mid tourney that is perfectly ok and you'll just ride out the current league you're in
Rammler

TheOnlyLeon wrote:

but what about me then im rank 64k and i think i will get even higher till the tournament starts. Will it be okay cause im not that much higher than 70k or should i wait for the next tournament in silver?[/quote]

Honestly just sign up for whatever league you currently fall under and if for some reason there isn't a tournament in that division soon enough and you move up a league then just remove yourself from silver and re register into gold, ofc if the tournament is live and you move up a league mid tourney that is perfectly ok and you'll just ride out the current league you're in[/quote]

Well i think i'll stay in bronze now because i can't really get some combos or something at the silver maps i mean i can play them but i dont think i can play them well especially the hr maps (cant play ar9.8/10 >.<) but if i get a rank that is under 55k in the time till bronze tournament begins i will sign me up for silver
Lyubey
Well I've signed up for silver. Will you be PM'ing the mappools for next season on challongr or on here? (a bit confused)
Ongaku
I'll sign up for gold, but if I make it through 10k before the tournament starts, I would like to be placed in master.
XgenSlayer
I just signed up for bronze, and this seems quite interesting. Good luck to everybody participating! :P
Topic Starter
Speed of Snail
Ok I'll answer a few common questions ive been getting in this post

1.) The tournament time is completely flexible, the time you play is a time agreed upon by you and your opponent.

2.) any map pools will be put onto the original post once leagues go live, YES I'm aware that some of the maps in the original pools have been taken down for copyright reasons I made the pools weeks before the tournament start and the maps were untouched at the time.

3.) EVERY LEAGUE (Except for Intermediate and World) Will have a new pool posted, as this means for some leagues, there are multiple seasons of the same division running simultaneously. When you send in the results please state which season you are playing in as well as the league and the challonge names you and your opponent are listed under NOT OSU USERS!!!!!

That is all for now the new pools will be posted here tomorrow night. If there are time zone issues between you and your opponent please contact me via PM and I will sort something out for you. Winners will also be posted on the original post when seasons start closing as it should be happening shortly for a couple of the leagues. gl to everyone participating.
Athrun
Jiust wondering, i posted for the silver league for season 2.
How many people are need for it to start??
Topic Starter
Speed of Snail
I didn't think this would be a problem but apparently it is.

Falsely Posting scores or submitting scores without ss or changing a finalized score will result in a ban from participating in future tournaments.

I honestly didn't think people would be this retarded but apparently a few people in particular are having issues cooperating and doing so will result in either a forfeit or a ban depending on my personal discretion.
Raiku
world league pls! (submitted on challonge)
Winter-Fox_old

Ongaku wrote:

I'll sign up for gold, but if I make it through 10k before the tournament starts, I would like to be placed in master.

osu! ULT GOLD DIVISION SEASON 2

Rey5TV vs. Ongaku
Ongaku I wish you would come down to Silver/Gold where I am, So I could kill u.
Ongaku

Winter-Fox wrote:

Ongaku wrote:

osu! ULT GOLD DIVISION SEASON 2

Rey5TV vs. Ongaku
Ongaku I wish you would come down to Silver/Gold where I am, So I could kill u.
Winter-fox, Please. Not here. :v
Topic Starter
Speed of Snail
OK time has come, expect 8 new map pools to come out by midnight PDT tomorrow, I'm going for an overhaul to start every league as there is now a number of players across every rank. gl to all those participating. Also after these start there may be a small break in time where registration will not be open, this should only last 24-48 hours tops, so don't worry if it isn't opened at the time.

Raiku wrote:

world league pls! (submitted on challonge)
shit just got real
Illus
Not sure if it will be relevant since this tournament is going pretty slowly but I'll be away from the game for about 7 to 10 days. So in the case things actually advance fast enough, please bear with waiting for my reply.

I'm the only person in the third round in Gold League Season 1A, so I guess it'll be fine.

PS. Looking forward to having new mappools. I hope they will be bigger. In case of doubt with according rules (like having to pick at least 1 mod map or sth like that, dunno).
Topic Starter
Speed of Snail

Illus wrote:

Not sure if it will be relevant since this tournament is going pretty slowly but I'll be away from the game for about 7 to 10 days. So in the case things actually advance fast enough, please bear with waiting for my reply.

I'm the only person in the third round in Gold League Season 1A, so I guess it'll be fine.

PS. Looking forward to having new mappools. I hope they will be bigger. In case of doubt with according rules (like having to pick at least 1 mod map or sth like that, dunno).
for now the map pools will remain on the smaller side (10-12 maps) However if the tournaments end successfully i will be looking at some level of expansion so you can look forward to that ;P
Mofu kun
so is gold league season 1A using the new map pools for round two?
Topic Starter
Speed of Snail
No, the intent is you use the same map pool for the entire season, I'm going to reformat the season to increase productivity soon however I'm going to let the tournaments going on currently run themselves out, however if a couple weeks pass and no significant movement occurs I will force the tournaments forwards.
Not to worry though as once these tournaments play out a much better and consistent format, at that time prizes will likely also be added in however that's for a later time. once again thanks for staying active and asking questions.
Evanescent-
My Opponent is currently dead and I'm over #30,000, what should I do?
show more