forum

Osu! Ultimate Leagues

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Speed of Snail
OK so I have some good news and some bad news regarding the tournament. The good news is that my competition domain is up and running, It is ready to go live and it's designed specifically to open up competitive environments universally, including a tournament creation system that anyone can use and works far more effectively than the current forums with custom controlling, idle player removal and non cancelling tournaments with whatever specifications you want, this is also the domain i'll be running my tournaments from for all ranks. There are also other projects I'm working into it but it'll come for later. let me know if you have any ideas as to what you'd like to see.

The bad news however; there were some technical issues with the domain registration itself as well as a couple of the html scripts i wrote are buggy and not functioning properly, I know I said I'd have it running by Monday but it's looking like potentially two weeks more before I am able to open up the site to public use.

If you have questions or suggestions don't hesitate to send me a PM or to post it on the forums here. Gl and Hf.
Unluckee
Since its a league, will you be versing everybody in your league at least once?
mayank0
I'd like to enter the masters division.. im 10562 in rank
Woobowiz
Not sure how this works, but I'd be happy to join Grandmaster League, but I'll probably lose every match :D
Vuelo Eluko

mayank0 wrote:

I'd like to enter the masters division.. im 10562 in rank
that puts you in gold

so this is basically like the ESL osu thing except people will actually be doing it? is the only way to raise up the divisions to rank up yourself? for example, the 1st place person in a league should have the option to try being in the next one to see how he fares since rank isnt a perfectly accurate skill metric.

even so, what about the more volatile ranks? i.e intermediate league, if theres even 1 week between the players being scheduled and the matches, some of them could easily have ranked into bronze or silver league before it even starts. do the matches proceed as usual or is it changed?
Woobowiz

Riince wrote:

so this is basically like the ESL osu thing except people will actually be doing it? is the only way to raise up the divisions to rank up yourself? for example, the 1st place person in a league should have the option to try being in the next one to see how he fares since rank isnt a perfectly accurate skill metric.

even so, what about the more volatile ranks? i.e intermediate league, if theres even 1 week between the players being scheduled and the matches, some of them could easily have ranked into bronze or silver league before it even starts. do the matches proceed as usual or is it changed?
I believe the best way to remedy that issue is to KEEP them at the lower tier, and then set up some matches against the low end players of the next league so they can earn that league. But let's not put that system into use until after the leagues are well established....as it is right now, this idea is really volatile and may not work.
GG BenQ MoaB
I'd like to participate in Silver league
Rank 34.700
DragonSlayer96
Why not, i will enter also. Though i'm not the best, I would fall under Grand Masters League with a rank of 2700
Wishy
You will just vanish in a few days (or weeks) and this is never gonna work but I'll tell you one thing:

Dividing by ranks like that is dumb, world class = top 1k doesn't make much sense, the difference between someone ranked #50 and someone on the #800 is enormous. Any decent player just needs to try a little bit and farm some pp to get into the top 1000, getting into the top 100 is another story. You might want to rework the whole rank requirements for all leagues.
Topic Starter
Speed of Snail

Wishy wrote:

You will just vanish in a few days (or weeks) and this is never gonna work but I'll tell you one thing:

Dividing by ranks like that is dumb, world class = top 1k doesn't make much sense, the difference between someone ranked #50 and someone on the #800 is enormous. Any decent player just needs to try a little bit and farm some pp to get into the top 1000, getting into the top 100 is another story. You might want to rework the whole rank requirements for all leagues.
You say that like i have enough entrants to divide that many times, If i ever get that many participants the divisions will get smaller but i just don't have the people to do that.
Legless
Definitely gonna join in the Grand Masters League. :D:D:D:D:D:D
Legless

Wishy wrote:

btw. getting to 1k rank is NOT ez unless you like play only pp farm maps lol
Unluckee
Sign me up for Gold League! Rank is in the 14k.
- Kyle -
I'd like to participate too, Gold League. :DD
Raniemi
Master League :)

Make it so scores won't be submitted plz.
- Careless -
Why not? I'll participate. For Gold League at 27,000
Frostcage
Sure, why not xD I'll be entering the gold league. 22300 rank :)
Pozepi
I will join the grandmaster league :D
Rank 1650 or something like that
Lilynn
I would love to join!

I would fall under Silver league, rank is 53,842 at the time of submission. :)
Lilynn

Lunahaku wrote:

I would love to join!

I would fall under Silver league, rank is 53,842 at the time of submission. :)
Its worth noting that I may be actually be better matched in the Gold league not sure tho. not trying to be over-confident or anything.
show more