forum

What if you had photographic memory?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ChicagoTed
I assume you'd be treated exactly the same as any other player if you had photographic memory, but surely they'd be at an advantage with maybe Hidden and Flashlight? Just wondering. :^)
Aurani
What if I told you that I have eidetic memory and that I still suck ass at this game? Sure you can remember songs pretty easily, but if you lack a general sense of rhythm, you'll still suck even if you were a demigod.
DeletedUser_3905941
i'd probably have autism
Juuryoushin
If I had photographic memory I wouldn't even be on this game, but I would do something more constructive in my life instead of playing osu!

No fun allowed
Topic Starter
ChicagoTed

Aurani wrote:

What if I told you that I have eidetic memory and that I still suck ass at this game? Sure you can remember songs pretty easily, but if you lack a general sense of rhythm, you'll still suck even if you were a demigod.
Wow tough break, mate. I'm glad I met someone that knows first hand anyhow. :)
Aurani

Didou wrote:

If I had photographic memory I wouldn't even be on this game, but I would do something more constructive in my life instead of playing osu!

No fun allowed
But-but-but moooooooooooooom.....

ChicagoTed7172 wrote:

Wow tough break, mate. I'm glad I met someone that knows first hand anyhow. :)
Glad to be of service mate. :p
It's actually pretty retarded just randomly remembering a sign on the street I saw 7 years ago instead of concentrating on my work, so sometimes it does get in my way, but most of the time it's quite neat.
Cyclohexane
Some people in the game actually have remarkable photographic memory, like Lybydose when he used to play regularly, even today some of his Flashlight scores are absolutely insane.
Corin

Mr Color wrote:

Some people in the game actually have remarkable photographic memory, like Lybydose when he used to play regularly, even today some of his Flashlight scores are absolutely insane.
ye but lyby hecks
Juuryoushin

Mr Color wrote:

Oh that, I remember that old day when you said "Sometimes I think that Lyby has even more skill than Cookiezi"
don't blame me for talking about "him" tho D:
VoidnOwO
:oops:
hersa37

BRBP wrote:

I can remember every players name from past 2-3 hours when I play FPS games online
I wish I can do that on planetside
unko
lol i actually do have a kinda eidetic memory (not that amazing) but it might just be autism
i remember pretty much every name, word, date and song i hear or see, memories as far back as 1 y/o, and i can remember the layouts of almost every beatmap i play
and it does help a bit with flashlight but i still can't play it that well lmao
Birdy
I remember a lot of stupid stuff, but never the important stuff.
B1rd
If I had photographic memory I wouldn't just do flashlight, but DT HR HD as well.
Trash Boat
actually is eidetic memory. photographic is just a way to call it
Vuelo Eluko

B1rd wrote:

If I had photographic memory I wouldn't just do flashlight, but DT HR HD as well.
you could be like penguin and pretend to be able to read ar11 even though he gives it away that hes just doing flashlight style when he has his cursor over where the note is going to appear before a spinner even finishes.
piruchan

Didou wrote:

No fun allowed
And I would be participating on the national science Olympiad.
winber1
I would find a job as a camera
Topic Starter
ChicagoTed

winber1 wrote:

I would find a job as a camera
10/10
Kemdo
Having never revised for a single exam in my life or doing any kind of work other than listening to tutors I still scored highest in class .---. No Idea if you could link it with this but with good memory I would probably try to attempt to play Flashlight however FL is not a mod based on this kind of memory - The better short term memory in my opinion the better you can possibly achieve on Flashlight *-*
AutoMedic
I would do something productive and profiting rather than clicking circles in front of my monitor
Magicu_old
It would literally be hell. I wouldn't want to remember everything because life isn't always fun and games, with that comes a lot of problems and complications depending on the individual. Some things should be forgotten under different circumstances. I for one would probably dislike having Photographic memory. Easy way out, no thanks?
Bweh
Ow the edge
beeboy123

Magicu wrote:

It would literally be hell. I wouldn't want to remember everything because life isn't always fun and games, with that comes a lot of problems and complications depending on the individual. Some things should be forgotten under different circumstances. I for one would probably dislike having Photographic memory. Easy way out, no thanks?
Never thought about it that way, now I never want to have a photographic memory.
B1rd

beeboy123 wrote:

Magicu wrote:

Never thought about it that way, now I never want to have a photographic memory.
http://www.goodreads.com/quotes/222496- ... -burden-of
KatsuraKotonoha
then i would remember every fibers of mai waifu
quiz-chan_DELETED
Then I couldn't really fail in my school tests.

(Not that I do already.)
Critical Dude

Sonatora wrote:

I would do something productive and profiting rather than clicking circles in front of my monitor
Who wouldn't?
Logograph
Ain't what it's hyped up to be. If anything, randomly remembering things like some empty can of jam or some random dude's hairy chest from nine or ten years ago is detrimental to getting work done.
Lybydose

Corin wrote:

Mr Color wrote:

ye but lyby hecks
limbidose cheats
ZenoDiac

Lybydose wrote:

Corin wrote:

ye but lyby hecks
limbidose cheats
^ Please tell us if you do have a photographic memory. I don't mind at all if you do.
Your FL scores are amazing. I love to watch them.
<3
a1l2d3r4e5d6
I guess having eidetic memory can be both a blessing and a curse.

It makes studying easier, but at the same time remembering things like 'pretending to be a power ranger and attempting summersaults, only to face plant the cold, hard marble floor' from years ago can be cringe inducing.