forum

How to play really hard maps

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ChrisS3097
I've played plenty maps but could finish only the ones that got like 5 stars 5/5 , i can't finish the ones that got 6 or 6/6 and some of the ones with 5/5.5 how can i get better at very fast maps ?
Ioka
play more.
Vuelo Eluko
iirc star diff is useless in ctb. try playing ctb specific maps.
YERTI
uninstall game
CelegaS
I started to prefer std map than ctb map :o

To play really hard map just play more like amir said
Protagonist
First, find out what's your limit when it comes to speed. What's the highest AR that you can handle without problems?
Once you answer yourself that question, go and play a lot of maps with that specific AR, they will become slower and slower as the time passes.
Of course, some of the maps will be harder because of some tricky jumps, so make sure you can handle them properly before moving forward.
ExCres

thebogdan2000 wrote:

First, find out what's your limit when it comes to speed. What's the highest AR that you can handle without problems?
Once you answer yourself that question, go and play a lot of maps with that specific AR, they will become slower and slower as the time passes.
Of course, some of the maps will be harder because of some tricky jumps, so make sure you can handle them properly before moving forward.
+Play at your own pace,don't try to compare yourself with others (either around your rank or higher). Furthermore if it is at all possible play songs you enjoy,but that is optional :D
good luck!
Tammy Fan Club
Don't worry about misses and play many maps... then go back and re-play those maps and improve upon them from experience.
Senyo

thebogdan2000 wrote:

I call bs on this. If you play certain AR's with no problem, you need to bring it higher. If patterns are too easily read, you need to accustom yourself to more difficult / different patterns. If what's ranked isn't challenging, you need to bring in those unranked / unsubmitted maps and start practicing them. It's not about how much you play, it's about the quality of the play's you make. Fastest way to get better is to play harder maps, not to play at your skill level until you can do harder maps.
Protagonist

Skyrius wrote:

thebogdan2000 wrote:

I call bs on this. If you play certain AR's with no problem, you need to bring it higher. If patterns are too easily read, you need to accustom yourself to more difficult / different patterns. If what's ranked isn't challenging, you need to bring in those unranked / unsubmitted maps and start practicing them. It's not about how much you play, it's about the quality of the play's you make. Fastest way to get better is to play harder maps, not to play at your skill level until you can do harder maps.
His PP is over 1k, he's probably at AR7 or AR8. There's quite a big gap between AR7-AR8 and AR8-AR9.
He needs to practice on how to do the tricky beatmaps, like the ones with a lot of jumping or small fruits. CTB isn't all about speed, what I said earlier will help him a lot once he moves to the next AR.
Moving straight to a higher AR will only improve his speed, but it won't help too much when it comes to the rest.