forum

Am I hurting mt reaction time by playing like this

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Wendys
So, I have a friend that told me that one way to get better at osu! is to play a certain AR until you get good at it and the move up to the next one. I've been currently trying to play both AR 7 and AR 8. I was having trouble with AR 7, and i wanted to see what AR 8 was like. I found it more fun and started playing ar 8 songs, I'm not the best at them but I'm okay. I decided I would try AR 7 again and found that after playing AR 8 songs they became easier, but my friend said that playing songs of a lower AR can mess up your reaction time to the one you are currently playing. If I continue like this will my preformance start to drop, or will I just never get better? thanks in advanced
brendanuhs
is this real.
Vuelo Eluko
ar8 is as low an ar as you'll ever play when you reach the higher levels of play. you'll never play ar7 or lower at all after a certain point unless it's with EZ mod. At a certain point you have to decide if you want to simply venture into ar9/9.6/10 completely or keep your ar8 skills sharp for when you can start taking on the ultra hard ar8 maps like lesjuh's, but don't worry about trading 7 for 8.

brendanuhs wrote:

is this real.
this was a good post, 10/10
Topic Starter
Wendys
thanks
nrl
If you don't plan on entering the OWC then you really don't need to learn anything lower than 9.6, though some players will recommend training at low ARs to improve reading (I would recommend the opposite).
Topic Starter
Wendys

NarrillNezzurh wrote:

If you don't plan on entering the OWC then you really don't need to learn anything lower than 9.6, though some players will recommend training at low ARs to improve reading (I would recommend the opposite).
ok thanks
Ichi
If you want to improve: Learn everything.
If you want to rank: Learn ar 10.3
If you want to play OWC: Learn ar9
If you want to have a life: Quit
Rockmin

Ichi wrote:

If you want to have a life: Quit
10/10