1. osu! forums
  2. osu!
  3. Gameplay & Rankings
show more
posted
This is... quite unique... and interesting.
posted
mouse users be all jealous of my
absolute positioning
absolute positioning
absolute positioning
posted

Riince wrote:

absolute positioning
absolute positioning
absolute positioning
But isn't it kind of useless since it's still mouse movement unless you hover your mouse?
posted

Kousaka Tenshi wrote:

Riince wrote:

absolute positioning
absolute positioning
absolute positioning
But isn't it kind of useless since it's still mouse movement unless you hover your mouse?
not really... the advantage tablets have isnt the movement so much as the absolute positioning which allows you to not drift at all so you never have to pick the mouse up and put it back down somewhere else, and it provides a stronger foundation to develop muscle memory with because when they put their hand at a certain spot their cursor will always be there, with a mouse you could be fully pivoted to the right and your cursor could be in the middle of the screen because it depends more where you pick it up and put it down or where the mouse is when you put your hand on it without the blessing of absolute positioning.

that run-on sentence oh my god.

tl;dr tablet stronk, tablet mouse hybrid just as stronk.
posted
the tablet is also a different kind of mouse pad so there's that
posted

Riince wrote:

not really... the advantage tablets have isnt the movement so much as the absolute positioning
No one seems to realize that while absolute positioning has its benefits, tablets are also used for the decreased weight and increased maneuverability of the pen. A mouse can have absolute positioning too, theoretically.
posted
Stabilise the shaking by gripping a mouse while still using tablet lol awesome.

Kousaka Tenshi wrote:

Riince wrote:

absolute positioning
absolute positioning
absolute positioning
That looks like a wireless mouse so he can turn it off while leaving the tablet on.
posted
what is it called? a mablet? tablouse?
posted
This is really cool ~~
posted
Interesting, could this damage you tablet/tablet pen?
posted

beeboy123 wrote:

Depending on the feet of the mouse, extensive use can lead to scratches but it depends on how much pressure you apply and the material on the base of the mouse.
posted

NarrillNezzurh wrote:

Riince wrote:

not really... the advantage tablets have isnt the movement so much as the absolute positioning
No one seems to realize that while absolute positioning has its benefits, tablets are also used for the decreased weight and increased maneuverability of the pen. A mouse can have absolute positioning too, theoretically.
It's a tradeoff for stability, though I'd imagine it would be different if I used a mouse designed for fingertip grip. I'd argue that pengrip is not for everyone and that there should be more varied ways to play without having to diss absolute positioning, but I only have *my* experience to base that on, which is why I made a thread about it. Maybe I just needed more practice holding the pen but I was too curious to commit myself to doing that.

beeboy123 wrote:

I'm not using the tablet as a mousepad, it's too small. I put a scratchboard on it and then put my real mousepad on top of the scratchboard. The scratchboard is just there to support the mousepad. (Don't use a scratchboard. I just picked what was available at the crafting shop. A hard, thin mousepad or similar solid surface would work perfectly.)

Nothing should get damaged as long as you use light adhesive/tape to hold the stuff together
posted
That must be heavy, pretty unique though. As long as your happy with it :P
posted
That looks awesome!

Would you mind doing a liveplay with it?
posted
Hai purple :)