forum

Poll 3: Sharing your bandwidth

posted
Total Posts

How do you feel about helping distribute maps you have downloaded?

I would share bandwidth only while osu! is open and active.
39.04%
I would be happy to share even while not playing osu! (idle at menu or systray icon).
54.82%
I am strongly against sharing my bandwidth.
6.14%
Total votes: 228
Polling ended
show more
Hanyuu
oh yeah i have not even thought of this lol.
i am all for this idea now
needle666_old
YES
I would be happy to share even while not playing osu!
loading127
MiKuNa
w
Topic Starter
peppy
Pikachu, I choose YOU.
awp
Pikachu is dead. You haven't fed it in two months.
Azure_Kite

awp wrote:

Pikachu is dead. You haven't fed it in two months.
That was Squirtle. Pikachu hadn't been fed for years.
Yasa
I am all for it... (2)
BUT, it'd be a bit of a problem for people on ultra low bandwidth such as myself (The joys of living too far from the exchange)... But by having the option to turn it off stingy people might just turn it off... Ultimately though, I am for it, not like in my current situation I can play osu! to have my bandwidth used anyway (damned slow computer D:)

tl;dr FUCK YEAH P2P
Digikid13
I would love to start sharing my Bandwidth, when I start college, cause I can leave my Comp.on all the time.
mrtn
I'm a bit too late but I would choose option 2. We have to note the legal implications here though. When this is implemented all osu-ers are liable to illegal file-sharing charges.
Azure_Kite

mrtn wrote:

I'm a bit too late but I would choose option 2. We have to note the legal implications here though. When this is implemented all osu-ers are liable to illegal file-sharing charges.
Uhm, is that not already the case?
[KEKE]
O(∩_∩)O
miku
i chose 2~~
lkjl23
Claudia_old
Err, how do we find out how much bandwidth we have?

Depending on how much I have i'd be willing to share...I don't think mine has a limit, nor do I use anywheres near all of it...
Crakila
I leave my computer on all the time.. I am happy to help the community.

Number 2 :D
Derekku

E-Hooker wrote:

Err, how do we find out how much bandwidth we have?

Depending on how much I have i'd be willing to share...I don't think mine has a limit, nor do I use anywheres near all of it...
You would most likely need to contact your ISP to see what your monthly bandwidth is.
XenoWarrior
I know I'm very late in this topic, but I actually wouldn't mind with helping out with distributing maps from my osu! library. I mainly seed stuff on uTorrent without my internet browsing being affected so I don't see why not. :)
Upload speeds reach about 2/5mb and internet cap is unlimited. :)
Ataman
I would be happy to provide bandwith.
My ISP probably won't.
XenoWarrior
Hmmm, this seems like a good idea to me. There could be a separate application that does this in the background, whilst allowing you to continue playing osu! I would seed the maps I have as I've only payed for supporter once so far (I will do again soon :D) But as I've downloaded quite a bit in my time on osu! I'd be more than happy to help :)