forum

Gorillaz! ^.^

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
-Takis-
So, any Gorillaz fans out there? I discovered them back in June of this year, and they're amazing! This is a place to just talk about them and their animations and songs! ^.^
Mousse3
I have heard a lot of good from them. Never actually listened, but maybe I'll hop in one day and start listening!
Topic Starter
-Takis-

Mousse3 wrote:

I have heard a lot of good from them. Never actually listened, but maybe I'll hop in one day and start listening!
They're amazing. I'll give you required watching/listening later.
-AGENT DJ ANGEL
I'm a fan of Gorillaz. I've been a fan of them for years. :)
kirueggy
19-2000 Soulchild Remix was the first song by them I heard...

Couldn't get enough ever since
Topic Starter
-Takis-

kirukashi wrote:

19-2000 Soulchild Remix was the first song by them I heard...

Couldn't get enough ever since
Ah. I like that remix. Have you seen the video for DoYaThing?
Birdy
They're ranked 27th on my last.fm most played list, but since there's a lot of bands/artists that I never/rarely listen to when I'm outdoors or at school, they're probably at least in the Top 25 in my all-time most played list. Because I listen to their songs a damn lot when outdoors, especially in autumn.

More info: http://www.last.fm/user/Harderknox/libr ... c/Gorillaz

So yeah, about that autumn stuff... I tend to listen to them quite much in the autumn time, every autumn since 2011. Before that, I listened to them sometimes, but rarely ever since Plastic Beach was released. Then finally in 2011 autumn for no reason, really, I checked out their older stuff and fell in love. Their music somehow perfectly fits the atmosphere of the autumn. Sometimes I listen to them in the spring too, but never really in the summertime or winter. One of the reasons why I want autumn to come ASAP - there's not that much music that fits into summer, sadly.

Favourite songs would be November Has Come, Empire Ants and El Mañana. Kids With Guns (Quiet Village Remix) would be my favourite remix.

Here's a more osu!friendly avatar, by the way. You know, recommended dimensions and stuff, felt like making it because you're a cool person already.

Topic Starter
-Takis-

Static Noise Bird wrote:

They're ranked 27th on my last.fm most played list, but since there's a lot of bands/artists that I never/rarely listen to when I'm outdoors or at school, they're probably at least in the Top 25 in my all-time most played list. Because I listen to their songs a damn lot when outdoors, especially in autumn.

So yeah, about that autumn stuff... I tend to listen to them quite much in the autumn time, every autumn since 2011. Before that, I listened to them sometimes, but rarely ever since Plastic Beach was released. Then finally in 2011 autumn for no reason, really, I checked out their older stuff and fell in love. Their music somehow perfectly fits the atmosphere of the autumn. Sometimes I listen to them in the spring too, but never really in the summertime or winter. One of the reasons why I want autumn to come ASAP - there's not that much music that fits into summer, sadly.

Favourite songs would be November Has Come, Empire Ants and El Mañana. Kids With Guns (Quiet Village Remix) would be my favourite remix.

Here's a more osu!friendly avatar, by the way. You know, recommended dimensions and stuff, felt like making it because you're a cool person already.

Aw, thank you so much! ^.^ I'll use it right away. I like El Mañana, I'm not so sure about November Has Come, but Empire Ants is a pretty cool song. Nice to find a fellow Gorillaz fan! ^.^ Do you watch the videos? They're amazing. I just wish Jamie had made videos for more of the Demon Days, D Sides, Gorillaz, and G Sides albums. :cry: Anyways, thanks for the profile pic! ^_^
Topic Starter
-Takis-

Static Noise Bird wrote:

:cry: The profile picture wouldn't work, it's a .jpeg, and they don't work. D: Could you fix it?
Birdy
I sometimes watch their videos. Back when Plastic Beach was getting released and they released Stylo as a single and the video for it, they played it a lot on a Finnish channel, much like MTV (but better). I don't remember liking it too much, but I always remembered that it was "by the same band as Feel Good Inc." For some reason they sometimes still played that there too (they focused on new music most of the time) but I didn't know, or mind, because I absolutely loved it even back then.

In about a year with my internet obsession growing and all that stuff, I found YouTube. Occasionally I would return to Feel Good Inc., and find related stuff like those short animations of theirs, the MTV Cribs thing, and of course, new-to-me music videos, like Rockit, Clint Eastwood, Dirty Harry etc.

Anyway, here's a .png, it should work.

Topic Starter
-Takis-

Static Noise Bird wrote:

I sometimes watch their videos. Back when Plastic Beach was getting released and they released Stylo as a single and the video for it, they played it a lot on a Finnish channel, much like MTV (but better). I don't remember liking it too much, but I always remembered that it was "by the same band as Feel Good Inc." For some reason they sometimes still played that there too (they focused on new music most of the time) but I didn't know, or mind, because I absolutely loved it even back then.

In about a year with my internet obsession growing and all that stuff, I found YouTube. Occasionally I would return to Feel Good Inc., and find related stuff like those short animations of theirs, the MTV Cribs thing, and of course, new-to-me music videos, like Rockit, Clint Eastwood, Dirty Harry etc.

Anyway, here's a .png, it should work.

Thanks! ^.^ The MTV Cribs are hilarious. "This is me, cutting an onion" I can actually do a really good impression of Murdoc saying that. ^.^ Rockit is creepy. D:
Gumpy
They are enjoyable sometimes.
Sey
I love Gorillaz, they defined a big part of my life!

Meloncholy Hill really gives me the chills ♥
LuigiHann
I'm a big fan. I collab-mapped a couple of their songs for osu!

I tried to make that into more of a trend but it didn't exactly catch on, though a couple of others did follow.

I wasn't crazy about Plastic Beach as an album (although Superfast Jellyfish is pretty great) but I like the rest of their work a lot
-Mizu
gorillaz!! i use to hear them a lot when a was younger , their songs are so freaking awesome , old but gold !
qtlemon_old
I love Noodle...
Topic Starter
-Takis-

qtlemon wrote:

I love Noodle...
el manana tho v_v
Pangus
I remember watching the 19 2000 music video on tv in New Zealand when i was 6 or 7 and it was my favorite song for a while.
"The single peaked at #6 in the United Kingdom, and reached #1 in New Zealand." it was played a lot on our music channel.
OneArmedScissor
They were my first favorite band. Before Gorillaz, my knowledge and taste in music only consisted of what I've heard on tv and in games so I only knew one song per artist.
I fell in love with the style of their songs and videos, especially because I drew a lot of dark/funny cartoonish shit so their visual stuff inspired me too. Gorillaz were the first to make me be interested in the history of a band and its members (even though they aren't real). Their lyrics didn't really catch my attention 'cause the seventh-grader me unfortunately wasn't able to understand their meaning. Later that I got into Green Day, I somehow paused listening to Gorillaz for like a year. After that Green Day guided me into the wonderful world of 90's music and my taste was growing more and more diverse I went back to Gorillaz and I still enjoy it. They have unique style, smart lyrics, incredibly creative background story, amazing videos and a good song for each mood in my life.
Stefan
It's a nice band, no question. I found (like most People did) them by the song Feel Good Inc. but Songs like 19-2000 (it's quite unterrated, huh?), DARE or Dirty Harry brought me to listen them really frequently. Plastic Beach was nice too but didn't felt affected by it compared to Demon Days or their first Album.
Genjitsu
I've only heard Feel Good Inc. Any recommendation on other Gorillaz music?
JackBezarius18

pondokers wrote:

Listen to the song Rock It, lol despaired that song made ​​my friends and family, and I recommend On The Melancholy Hill.
Dystopxa

-Takis- wrote:

So, any Gorillaz fans out there? I discovered them back in June of this year, and they're amazing! This is a place to just talk about them and their animations and songs! ^.^
I discovered Gorillaz when I was 8 years old, 16 now, been a fan for 8 years so far c: <3
Dystopxa

Genjitsu wrote:

All the songs on the Demon Days Album :)
lazio-maniac
this reminds me some gossip i got back when i still in my mid-school year, that the person who sings for Gorillaz was actually the vocalist of Blur??? is it true???
Birdy

lazio-maniac wrote:

this reminds me some gossip i got back when i still in my mid-school year, that the person who sings for Gorillaz was actually the vocalist of Blur??? is it true???
Could have just googled it.
GSG95
Kids With Guns will always be my #1 Gorillaz track u_u
Fercaal
Humility was the first song i heard from Gorillaz, and now im a huge fan, and its cool that theres a lot of maps with their songs for osu, unfortunately you gotta search the exact names for most of them or if you only put Gorillaz youll get only Dirty Harry, Feel Good inc, Clint Eastwood and 19-2000.
show more