forum

consistency consistency..

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
wildcookie
Consistency. I'm playing quite for some time now and i still have a problem doing combos over 600~ mostly at songs my skill. I can clear them with 99% accuracy without struggling very hard but I tend to miss on the not so hard parts often. This topic might seem quite stupid but I want a reply from people who had/have similar issue and how are they dealing with it. Being able to clear maps that aren't your skill didn't help that much yet (from fast and hard ar9 to ar10.3)

I have around 100 plays on this map, I only came 643x combo furthest yet, there aren't even any hard parts for me here and I make some random miss all the time( https://osu.ppy.sh/b/169450&m=0 )

And here's a "harder" map with my gameplay that i can clear almost any time at the day ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwroZ8Pn0Ow )
Not that great of a play but pretty good for 11k i guess

/advicepls
Soarezi
the only way to fix it is to focus hard
Ichi
try to care less about the game, you are probably getting too stressed because you´re almost getting full combo that you fail. Stop playing that song and come back when you´ve put your mind into something else and its highly probable that you will get it.
Zare
welcome to osu

all you can do is endure and keep trying
Sophia
For parts that you miss by silly mistakes, concentrate hard. I recommend concentrating on maps you can pass pretty much fully (like you said, 99% accuracy). Concentrate on the parts where you break combo silly, and then just "blank out" or distract yourself in the rest, because focusing too much will leave you stressed and make you miss more. Basically, focus where you need to, and then tune yourself out and don't worry on what you know you can pass.
tfg50

You can clear that map with DT.... I wouldn't even dream about doing that atm.
Imo you are going too fast, if you want to stop missing randomly you need to play song that you shouldn't miss randomly and try aiming from there. Playing stuff that is too hard for you will develop bad habits like aiming kinda on a general area instead of following the circles properly. If I were to play that DT I'm sure my aim wouldn't follow my brain.
Topic Starter
wildcookie

tfg50 wrote:

Imo you are going too fast, if you want to stop missing randomly you need to play song that you shouldn't miss randomly and try aiming from there. Playing stuff that is too hard for you will develop bad habits like aiming kinda on a general area instead of following the circles properly. If I were to play that DT I'm sure my aim wouldn't follow my brain.
I can play 10.3 pretty well so I'm giving it bunch of tries. Well, thanks for advice everyone.
Bauxe

wildcookie wrote:

tfg50 wrote:

I can play 10.3 pretty well so I'm giving it bunch of tries. Well, thanks for advice everyone.
You can play 10.3 well at 11k? I can't even play it well yet. ;-;
Gigo
Uhm, wildcookie, if you can play AR10.3 pretty well, why am I not seeing any AR10.3 scores in your top ranks? I only see AR9.67 scores.
Rewben2

Gigo wrote:

Uhm, wildcookie, if you can play AR10.3 pretty well, why am I not seeing any AR10.3 scores in your top ranks? I only see AR9.67 scores.
The songs that are ar10.3 are generally much harder than the ar9.6 scores irrelevant of the approach rate. I have 10k beatmaps and there's less than 20 songs that are below 5 star difficulty with dt that are ar10.3, while there are around 850 that are below 5 star that are ar9.6 with dt

Or maybe he can't play 10.3, I don't know.
Topic Starter
wildcookie
edit : ^ that too, some of them are just too hard

Gigo wrote:

because streams over 195 are a big problem to me and i don't want to fc by only spamming