forum

How to stop making silly mistakes?

posted
Total Posts
42
show more
timemon

Evolvation wrote:

Can you shut the fuck up? Stop acting like you're any better than him, you may think you are but in my point of view you're just as bad as he is and all he is is looking for advice okay? You're rank 26k. Stop acting like you're any better than him, anybody lower rank than me can look at me and say I'm not good and I'd believe them because it's true. He's looking for advice and you post his play count like it'll make a difference or not. Either give him advice or don't, don't post stupid pointless shit like that. Answer to the post question: Concentrate on where your cursor is and where the following notes are and I think you should be okay. I seriously hate people that look at play count like it determines how good or bad you are.
I agree with you, play counts don't determine your skill level.
they're here to tell you how much time you've invested on the game.
I think you should state your opinion politely.
Topic Starter
AppleUfo
My advice is not to retry the map at all.
Play to the end, this will stop you from missing on the stupid parts.
Yeah i already do this just to get used to the whole song rather than just the beginning and retrying XD
And thanks to everyone who replied and helped
Nyxa

Zare wrote:

personal experience: you won't ever stop making silly mistakes, but if you improve your overall skill the level of these silly mistakes will rise too, allowing you to safely FC anything below that
Listen to this guy.

timemon wrote:

My advice is not to retry the map at all.
Play to the end, this will stop you from missing on the stupid parts.
Partially listen to this guy. Play the entire map around 5 times or so to get a feel for it, be aware of any possible parts you have difficulty with and determine whether you are capable of FCing it or not, and then just retry whenever you make a mistake that's below your skill level (i.e., if you can stream 200bpm, retrying because you didn't nail a 250bpm stream with all 300s is silly, but retrying because you didn't nail a 190bpm stream isn't) or else you will get tired of the map very quickly and give up, even though you might've FCd it otherwise.

This is all based on my own experience, of course.
Hexagan

Rewben2 wrote:

Quit the game. You can't make mistakes if you don't play!
Well said man, well said.
Mahogany
What a shitty post.

Not even a shitpost, just a shit post

And a necro too
ZenithPhantasm

Hexagan wrote:

Rewben2 wrote:

Quit the game. You can't make mistakes if you don't play!
Well said man, well said.
Nice necro post
StephOsu
+1 post cow for necropost
ZenithPhantasm

StephOsu wrote:

+1 post cow for necropost
+2 post cow
Cheese
Im just like you except that these 'silly mistakes' are making me unable to fc anything. No matter how easy. I can 400 combo 5.50 stars but cant FC a 3.50 just because of things like not pressing hard enough on my switches.
pandaBee
This lawless land. Where is drumsticks?
Yuudachi-kun

Cheese wrote:

Im just like you except that these 'silly mistakes' are making me unable to fc anything. No matter how easy. I can 400 combo 5.50 stars but cant FC a 3.50 just because of things like not pressing hard enough on my switches.
I can 600 combo an 8 star song, the apparition, because of an extended easy segment. Your comment about getting the combo speaks nothing.
Cheese
That was not the point of my comment
Deva
You necroed a necro.

Necroception...
Yuudachi-kun

Cheese wrote:

That was not the point of my comment
No, that was a point of your comment and it was bad.

You're comparing getting a "good combo" on a "hard map" to not being able to fc an "easy map"
Cheese
That was not it I meant that my overall skill is increasing while my ability to full combo maps is stagnating.
pandaBee

Cheese wrote:

That was not it I meant that my overall skill is increasing while my ability to full combo maps is stagnating.
Because you suck
Yuudachi-kun

Cheese wrote:

That was not it I meant that my overall skill is increasing while my ability to full combo maps is stagnating.
You should try to full combo maps then to increase skill at it!
Cheese
Yea thats what im doing... But dude I was rank 21k thats just sad.
Yuudachi-kun

Cheese wrote:

Yea thats what im doing... But dude I was rank 21k thats just sad.
You've also never been higher than 1,870pp so I don't see your point. I could've been top 500 a year ago with this pp but it doesn't mean anything.

Fc more. Spend more effort to fc. JUST DO IT
Cheese
Thats not what I meant
show more
Please sign in to reply.

New reply