forum

How to stop making silly mistakes?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
AppleUfo
I can play easy and medium level insane and some of the harder insane maps, however i tend to make silly mistakes often at random points in the map.
Any tips on how to reduce these mistakes?
Martell_old_1
Play Count: 5,221
GoldenWolf
Play more until you stop making these silly mistakes
Zare
personal experience: you won't ever stop making silly mistakes, but if you improve your overall skill the level of these silly mistakes will rise too, allowing you to safely FC anything below that
Akali
Topic Starter
AppleUfo
Okay thanks i thought maybe i was doing something wrong :P well... imma just go play some more XD
buny
By not being human.
Rewben2
Quit the game. You can't make mistakes if you don't play!
timemon
My advice is not to retry the map at all.
Play to the end, this will stop you from missing on the stupid parts.
Soarezi

Akali wrote:

ROFL
[ Scarlet Red ]
I make the worst mistakes it's ridiculous I only got to this rank by getting lucky xD
Dexus
Flat_Stanley

Martell wrote:

Play Count: 5,221
buny
The whole point of it is that 5k playcount is not much and can easily be achievable in a month.
Vuelo Eluko

Evolvation wrote:

Can you shut the fuck up? Stop acting like you're any better than him, you may think you are but in my point of view you're just as bad as he is and all he is is looking for advice okay? You're rank 26k. Stop acting like you're any better than him, anybody lower rank than me can look at me and say I'm not good and I'd believe them because it's true. He's looking for advice and you post his play count like it'll make a difference or not. Either give him advice or don't, don't post stupid pointless shit like that. Answer to the post question: Concentrate on where your cursor is and where the following notes are and I think you should be okay. I seriously hate people that look at play count like it determines how good or bad you are.
if someone has only been driving for a little bit asks like "why do i find myself slowly going off the road sometimes??" and someone points out they haven't been driving very long thats why they havent developed that constant 'automatic correction' yet, do you come in going "OH WHAT YOU THINK YOU CAN DRIVE BETTER THAN HIM? LMAO LIKE IT MATTERS HOW MUCH HE DRIVES THAT DOESNT EFFECT HOW WELL HE DRIVES! H8 PEOPLE LIKE YOU I BET YOU CANT EVEN DRIFT"
VoidnOwO

Evolvation wrote:

Concentrate on where your cursor is and where the following notes are
I don't think this is any more helpful than just posting his play count :/
chill
Akari-

Evolvation wrote:

Can you shut the fuck up? Stop acting like you're any better than him, you may think you are but in my point of view you're just as bad as he is and all he is is looking for advice okay? You're rank 26k. Stop acting like you're any better than him, anybody lower rank than me can look at me and say I'm not good and I'd believe them because it's true. He's looking for advice and you post his play count like it'll make a difference or not. Either give him advice or don't, don't post stupid pointless shit like that. Answer to the post question: Concentrate on where your cursor is and where the following notes are and I think you should be okay. I seriously hate people that look at play count like it determines how good or bad you are.
guy makes a positive self-post (i.e. any play he seems proud of, like some fc or omg le airman pass xDDDD)
guy 2 posts ">play count"
guy 2 is being a dick

guy makes negative self-post (i.e. asking for help, or sincerely stating he sucks)
guy 2 posts ">play count"
guy 2 is saying "play more" which is not being a dick

like dude im paranoid as hell about people judging my lack of talent but
calm down
Martell_old_1

Evolvation wrote:

You what?
Actually playing more is the only way to get better at this game?
You can't stop doing silly mistakes in other way except practicing. Look at EVERY player at top, they all have an incredibly big playcount with a RARE exceptions. Coincidence? Not really.

And look - I was helping this guy and i gave him advice, while you just came and shit
You shut the fuck up instead please
Iceskulls
Playcount does matter
I have 6966 playcount but I'm still think people who have playcount more than me have more experience in osu!
I know some are just got from retries a lots but atleast I'm sure they have clicked some circle on a screen before they are actually retry

When we got mistakes our brain will remember those mistakes and will try to work association with our muscle to make sure we will not do those mistakes again
but welll our brain doesn't work that fast and we need brain for others reallife activity so it might not remember those problem effectively so if we keep make mistakes we can improve by those mistakes

We learn from mistakes

Edited: Changed some grammar :lol:
Martell_old_1

CelsiusLK wrote:

Playcount does matter
I have 6966 playcount but I'm still think people who have playcount more than me have more experience in osu!
I know some are just got from retries a lots but atleast I'm sure they have clicked some circle on a screen before they are actually retry

When we got mistakes our brain will remember those mistakes and will try to work association with our muscle to make sure we will not do those mistakes again
but welll our brain doesn't work that fast and we need brain for others reallife activity so it might not remember those problem effectively so if we keep make mistakes we can improve by those mistakes

We learn from mistakes

Edited: Changed some grammar :lol:
Yeah, but if you want to improve you need to play more, dont you?
Or yeah you certainly improve not by playing

UPD: i read "does" as "doesn't"
fmmmllll
timemon

Evolvation wrote:

I agree with you, play counts don't determine your skill level.
they're here to tell you how much time you've invested on the game.
I think you should state your opinion politely.
Topic Starter
AppleUfo
Yeah i already do this just to get used to the whole song rather than just the beginning and retrying XD
And thanks to everyone who replied and helped
Nyxa

Zare wrote:

personal experience: you won't ever stop making silly mistakes, but if you improve your overall skill the level of these silly mistakes will rise too, allowing you to safely FC anything below that
Listen to this guy.

timemon wrote:

Partially listen to this guy. Play the entire map around 5 times or so to get a feel for it, be aware of any possible parts you have difficulty with and determine whether you are capable of FCing it or not, and then just retry whenever you make a mistake that's below your skill level (i.e., if you can stream 200bpm, retrying because you didn't nail a 250bpm stream with all 300s is silly, but retrying because you didn't nail a 190bpm stream isn't) or else you will get tired of the map very quickly and give up, even though you might've FCd it otherwise.

This is all based on my own experience, of course.
Hexagan

Rewben2 wrote:

Well said man, well said.
Mahogany
What a shitty post.

Not even a shitpost, just a shit post

And a necro too
ZenithPhantasm

Hexagan wrote:

Rewben2 wrote:

Well said man, well said.
Nice necro post
StephOsu
+1 post cow for necropost
ZenithPhantasm

StephOsu wrote:

+1 post cow for necropost
+2 post cow
Cheese
Im just like you except that these 'silly mistakes' are making me unable to fc anything. No matter how easy. I can 400 combo 5.50 stars but cant FC a 3.50 just because of things like not pressing hard enough on my switches.
pandaBee
This lawless land. Where is drumsticks?
Yuudachi-kun

Cheese wrote:

Im just like you except that these 'silly mistakes' are making me unable to fc anything. No matter how easy. I can 400 combo 5.50 stars but cant FC a 3.50 just because of things like not pressing hard enough on my switches.
I can 600 combo an 8 star song, the apparition, because of an extended easy segment. Your comment about getting the combo speaks nothing.
Cheese
That was not the point of my comment
Deva
You necroed a necro.

Necroception...
Yuudachi-kun

Cheese wrote:

That was not the point of my comment
No, that was a point of your comment and it was bad.

You're comparing getting a "good combo" on a "hard map" to not being able to fc an "easy map"
Cheese
That was not it I meant that my overall skill is increasing while my ability to full combo maps is stagnating.
pandaBee

Cheese wrote:

That was not it I meant that my overall skill is increasing while my ability to full combo maps is stagnating.
Because you suck
show more