forum

[Archived] Memory leak?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
[Nett]
Problem Details:

I have left my Osu! open and idle. The next time I tried playing the game, the framerate (fps) got lower and some other problems. It might be a memory leak.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

fps rate
before

after

osu! version: 20140721.1 (latest)

Edit: Please do tell if you can't see the photos, since I can't on preview mode (lol for me)
Rio-
yes, the image doesn't load for me...maybe use another Image-hosting like puu.sh or something
VoidnOwO
This content is currently unavailable

The page you requested cannot be displayed right now. It may be temporarily unavailable, the link you clicked on may have expired, or you may not have permission to view this page.
Kemdo
Hmm, Since you have left Osu! open and idle could there be anything else causing it to lagg - Like another program etc - Can't really help you anymore since I can not see the pictures. - Most common problem for me is Skype and Teamspeak causing quite bad lag when Osu! is left on and not touched for a while.
Topic Starter
[Nett]
Well... by a miracle, Osu! automatically resolved the issue. I just used the PC while not opening it for a certain amount of time and the next time I opened, it's back to normal. Thanks for your efforts to help me, and it does seem pretty bad that I can't get the pictures right...
drum drum
Leaving programs idle will eventually cause them to have problems catching up. Even though you resolved your problem I'm posting for the sake of others reading this with the same problem
Shirayuki
Leaving it idle and alt-tab is fine, osu automatically caps your fps at 60 if it's not the active window.

On the other hand, if you were in editor mode and spamming Ctrl + J / Ctrl + H or the like, chances are your osu! usage gonna go off the roof thanks to the Undo history.

But anyway, a simple restart of osu! fixes almost all problems!