forum

[invalid] Unable to log on osu - receiving error

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Kimmie
Problem Details:
Basically, when I tried to log onto osu today, I received an error, which I will provide in the screenshot below. This is the first time it has happened and I tried to run the updater, which unfortunately did not work. I have tried to log on for like around 30 minutes now. Anyone else that experience the same problem?
Also, I tried to ask other friends if they could connect to Bancho, and they did not have any problems.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
http://puu.sh/amcPp/ad652dc728.png

osu! version: 20140710.7
Nathanael
KinkiN
disable any proxy connections

if you're not using any proxy connections, i think something happened to your account (usually cheating/banned). send an email to accounts@ppy.sh if the problem persists
Topic Starter
Kimmie
I do not use any proxy connections. As you can tell, nothing has happened to my account and I have not received any errors or warnings or some sort... I don't know what happened :( I have not cheated nor have I been banned, ever. As I mentioned before, this is the first time this has happened and I have done nothing to my internet.

And if i do happen to have any proxy connections, how do i even disable them? I am not familiar with this.
KinkiN
you can see whether you have any VPN or not by opening the network and sharing center.

anyways send an email if the problem persists. afaik that's the only thing you can do for now
Topic Starter
Kimmie

Yuzuru wrote:

you can see whether you have any VPN or not by opening the network and sharing center.

anyways send an email if the problem persists. afaik that's the only thing you can do for now
Might aswell send an email. Thank you for taking your time to help me.
Nathanael
Marked invalid.
Topic Starter
Kimmie
Edit: I received this email: http://puu.sh/amdGs/5e6f90f612.png
Edit 2: Followed the steps provided in the email and recovered my account. Issue resolved. Although I am still curious for why I received this..
Edit 3: Nvm, I am 100% certain for why I received it.