forum

Amane - Space Time (Amane Hardcore Remix) [OsuMania]

posted
Total Posts
show more
Agka

Spy wrote:

Because the patterns are always the stairs.
They don't have to be.

Spy wrote:

So I changed some,not all can play it well.
But some told me it is an challenge for them.
Not everyone has the same weaknesses. There's no need to turn the bursts into plain stairs as described before. For the record, I support the bursts- just not in their current arrangement.

Spy wrote:

Another just play it 1 PC,even didn't play it,and complain about jacks.
Before that I never mention about AiAe.
Just 1/4 burst with some 1/8.
But I only overnote on 1/4 only.
How do you think ?
Mentioning it at all sounds like you're hurt in some particular way.

Spy wrote:

I just understand complain is win.
Even if this map got 100 comments,but only not enough 10 players complain it.
And they think I don't accept any advice,but it is ridiculous that nobody gave me advice in their comments.
They just said how jack it is.
Yeah, that is what happened on disqus. On #osumania people were still trying to be helpful.

Spy wrote:

For it,I tried to discuss about this map to PROGUY.
Finally last morning he told me the result,he and another QAT think it is not too serious,so won't unqualify it.
Just at night,Loctav came to do it.
I just confused whether he asked other QAT or not ?
I also had talked with proguy about it, he noted the issue, but in the end he took his decision (of not unqualifying it), and loctav did his too. It has all a simple solution and then it can be qualified again, no fuzz, no buzz. Come on, you guys are so close...

Spy wrote:

Now,it just unqualified.
I have no opinions.
Just let it go.
We'll follow Lieselotte's decision to delete the map.

Now,no matter how you think about this map and me.
I don't care about it anymore,I'm so tired.
See you.
Spy, for all records and purposes, I'm not exactly fond of some ways you've pulled of certain maps (for several reasons) but now there's people that really want to keep this qualified; and they're giving suggestions to make the map better, not worse. Honestly, this is something that goes beyond osu! itself, but lieselotte is so hurt thinking that it's just the staff getting in the way that the commentary about the map here is being lost to feelings.

Separate your work from yourself. Nobody is insulting either of you, nobody holds any kind of grudge; they're just trying to improve the map and holding it to a high standard.

The feedback on the bursts and the 1/4th double notes that generate jackhammers would've happened before had the people that noticed it been through the extremely short 2 month modding process. When you upload a map and get it ranked too quickly, it's extremely likely to have a few mistakes. And the qualified category is precisely about that.

To everyone else: read and take your time to get what people really are saying before making silly commentaries. A pattern being technically correct can still be rearranged in a way that it keeps its technical correctness, but plays better.
Kyousuke-

Staiain wrote:

never forgret this map, 2014 - 2014

[ S a k u r a ] wrote:

:(
I will keep playing it even it get deleted

Rumia- wrote:

rip best map 2014
i cried.

Kuo Kyoka wrote:

The mappers in this chart, in this song are work hard to making it and just unqualified it?
I don't see any unrankable issue in this map! This map just hard but still playable~
Should rethink about it! Hard charts doesn't mean can't plays
Bye those good mappers in this map and bye a best map and the best chart in 2014!

And also you map have much pp cause of double stairs stream for a long time! Without that, still be a easy map!
Btw, the map doesn't have anything to unqualified, ready for ranked for the last night!
Spy's 4K Diff! Staiain still get 99,73% and a high score, that jack seems hard but still playable and having a good chart (And Spy has talk about this to PROGUY and Charles445 before and nothing could unqualified it, not a overmapped!
7K by Lieselotte, that 1/8 stream still rankable! everyone are played in over 7 days but still having a high score!
Should rethink about this before do something, especially not having any more complains (at least one more, or two before unqualified) about this!
That's all!

richardfeder wrote:

And last but not least, the patterns that are used in spy's difficulty, although may have space of improvement, are not that bad to result in a unqualified. Patterns are troll but they fit the song aren't they?!
richardfeder

Agka wrote:

To everyone else: read and take your time to get what people really are saying before making silly commentaries. A pattern being technically correct can still be rearranged in a way that it keeps its technical correctness, but plays better.
It's correct then that all. If you want every pattern is both technical correct and perfectly handy, or easy-play, then that's 'plain like shit'. Bursts are bursts they meant to be hard if you want it rearranged then do on your own don't force others to do so.

Also who says that shorter period of ranking process = problems are dismissed and need more revision? Great maps don't have such problems and they deserved to be ranked quicker since we don't have so many stuff to handle every map with the same priority. Also thinking of the modders and mappers who put their efforts in this chart! Their hard works deserve a two-months approval
Agka

richardfeder wrote:

Bursts are bursts they meant to be hard if you want it rearranged then do on your own don't force others to do so.

Agka wrote:

For the record, I support the bursts- just not in their current arrangement.
I'll use a different phrase then. "Not on its current pattern permutation"

richardfeder wrote:

And last but not least, the patterns that are used in spy's difficulty, although may have space of improvement, are not that bad to result in a unqualified. Patterns are troll but they fit the song aren't they?!
Did you know you can un-troll those patterns and still fit the song?
shionelove

richardfeder wrote:

Agka wrote:

It's correct then that all. If you want every pattern is both technical correct and perfectly handy, or easy-play, then that's 'plain like shit'. Bursts are bursts they meant to be hard if you want it rearranged then do on your own don't force others to do so.

Also who says that shorter period of ranking process = problems are dismissed and need more revision? Great maps don't have such problems and they deserved to be ranked quicker since we don't have so many stuff to handle every map with the same priority. Also thinking of the modders and mappers who put their efforts in this chart! Their hard works deserve a two-months approval
Please change at least technical rhythm issues
If you say this is perfect,please don't make me find some issues in 1 check,mean easy mistake
And please keepinmind every mapper makes effort hard
Please don't use your "priority" that only famous mapper can rank
Fullerene-
Okay so after months of enduring this I'm going to honestly say how I feel without sugarcoating anything, because this is getting pretty stupid.

richardfeder wrote:

It's correct then that all. If you want every pattern is both technical correct and perfectly handy, or easy-play, then that's 'plain like shit'.
Ok so I'll make a map for a speedcore song and make all of the notes as left hand trills when it's 300 BPM 1/4 speed, because anything else that is easier would be a bland pattern, right?

If you seriously think that a pattern can't be both technically accurate and comfortable to hit, then you're either naive, inexperienced, close-minded or all three.

Bursts are bursts they meant to be hard if you want it rearranged then do on your own don't force others to do so.
Brb changing the 1/16 bursts in AiAe to all one column instead of 12341234 because bursts are meant to be hard and not as comfortable to hit as possible while maintaining a high NPS. K

Stop thinking like this. Patterns play a huge role in how hard/fun the map is, not just note density, and they should always reflect the music while being intuitive and smooth for players to hit as much as possible. This mentality of 'it's hard because it's hard' is ridiculous and just makes it seem like you really don't know what you're doing other than making something that has a high star rating. Rigid patterns like the bursts in Spy's 4K become frustrating to play, kills the replay value, and simply reduces it to something that you can get PP from and never touch ever again.

@Liese, stop being so goddamn childish. Your map got unqualified, big deal. Quitting the game and deleting your maps because of that is a hilariously gross overreaction and just makes you look immature.

I really didn't want to post this but the way you people are treating this is incredibly frustrating.
xch00F
sounds like a lot of mad cuz bad in here
Fullerene-
stepmania
snoverpk_old
the point of making a map is not to make it as hard as possible, just make a goddamn good map that doesn't suck ok
[Emiria]

razlteh wrote:

the point of making a map is not to make it as hard as possible, just make a goddamn good map that doesn't suck ok
i seldom see you all do like what you said...
....我差点笑出声
snoverpk_old

victorica_db wrote:

razlteh wrote:

....我差点笑出声
indeed but i usually don't go for rank, the only map where i'm doing that is freedom dive
richardfeder

Agka wrote:

richardfeder wrote:

Did you know you can un-troll those patterns and still fit the song?
Yes I fully admitted that we can but un-troll doesn't equal to better at least for some people and I think being legit troll or just un-troll is personal preference there's no better or worse

Fullerene- wrote:

Ok so I'll make a map for a speedcore song and make all of the notes as left hand trills when it's 300 BPM 1/4 speed, because anything else that is easier would be a bland pattern, right?
Do it I am looking forward to that wow hue \:D/

Fullerene- wrote:

If you seriously think that a pattern can't be both technically accurate and comfortable to hit, then you're either naive, inexperienced, close-minded or all three.
This is clearly a misread when did I say that could you quote?

Fullerene- wrote:

Brb changing the 1/16 bursts in AiAe to all one column instead of 12341234 because bursts are meant to be hard and not as comfortable to hit as possible while maintaining a high NPS. K
You are going too extreme who ever try to do anything like that???????

Fullerene- wrote:

Stop thinking like this. Patterns play a huge role in how hard/fun the map is, not just note density, and they should always reflect the music
Both mappers do a good job on that

Fullerene- wrote:

while being intuitive and smooth for players to hit as much as possible.
Intuitive part yes. Others are just YOUR preference and interpretation don't force anyone to follow your idea

Fullerene- wrote:

This mentality of 'it's hard because it's hard' is ridiculous and just makes it seem like you really don't know what you're doing other than making something that has a high star rating. Rigid patterns like the bursts in Spy's 4K become frustrating to play, kills the replay value, and simply reduces it to something that you can get PP from and never touch ever again.
They are all experienced mappers and this is just your assumptions. You feel frustrated then make your own pattern that satisfied yourself I say this again don't force others to map like you.

Fullerene- wrote:

I really didn't want to post this but the way you people are treating this is incredibly frustrating.
You too I am especially frustrated and shocked when I see your insulting. Please stop. Who is the one that being childish?

I won't let this go easily. I know that we may never reach a consensus but at least we are discussing a issue and we recognize the gap between our understanding of mapping. Then what are you doing here? Learn to respect that's not the way how we solve the problem!

@hutunohito I never say the mapset as a whole is prefect. I am saying the particular pattern that we are discussing is legit and understandable. Everyone makes mistake you can find problem doesn't mean anything we can all dig out problems and be nazi. If my words sound offensive then please accept my apology. Also this is not about famous or not we all know that community and stuffs are doing their best to help everyone, and my "priority" is aiming at maps but not mappers. Good maps deserve priority to be approval =/= famous mappers deserve priority. And every maps have the equal rights to receive help. I want to clarify that if I make you confused I am sorry

victorica_db wrote:

razlteh wrote:

....我差点笑出声
哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈victorica why you so pro?
[Emiria]

razlteh wrote:

indeed but i usually don't go for rank, the only map where i'm doing that is freedom dive

..this is mapping basic..not just for rank.. :(
shionelove
@richard
i don't think people judge whether good map or not based on equal view

For example,
when sister's noise ranked(17VA's),i noticed LN mistake soon,but yoshilove couldn't before rank(he had modded)
we thought many people have prejudice that is based on mapper's name.
Because of this,he couldn't think 17VA had some issues...

so maybe good map is based on how popular mapper is
not true nice pattern,nice rhythm
nice pattern called by people is based on this

speed rank good map=speed rank popular mapper's map,IMO
richardfeder

hutunohito wrote:

@richard
i don't think people judge whether good map or not based on equal view

For example,
when sister's noise ranked(17VA's),i noticed LN mistake soon,but yoshilove couldn't before rank(he had modded)
we thought many people have prejudice that is based on mapper's name.
Because of this,he couldn't think 17VA had some issues...

so maybe good map is based on how popular mapper is
nice pattern called by people is based on this

speed rank good map=speed rank popular mapper's map,IMO
I would be sad if they are true but it indeed happened sometimes. What we can do is try our best to avoid this from happening.
And yes a completely unknown mapper has as lower chance to get a speed rank, that's kind of reward to well-known mappers(? but they try hard and put effort in their mapping that's why they are popular today. Things won't happen without reasons.

"so maybe good map is based on how popular mapper is
nice pattern called by people is based on this"
This is never true at least for me. Trust me.
shionelove

richardfeder wrote:

"so maybe good map is based on how popular mapper is
nice pattern called by people is based on this"
This is never true at least for me. Trust me.
i trust you,but others...
Agka
This has taken an interesting turn.

This invokes a question that is summed up as; "When dealing with a suggestion or issue, who should you be listening to, yourself or other people as experienced as yourself?"
Well, I know this has a subjective answer. A lot of people will say that the author rules over the commentary of other people, where other people will say (this is probably where I stand) that a mapper can not overrule consensus.

At this point, at least with richardfeder, I can agree to disagree over this.
Fullerene-

Agka wrote:

This has taken an interesting turn.

This invokes a question that is summed up as; "When dealing with a suggestion or issue, who should you be listening to, yourself or other people as experienced as yourself?"
Well, I know this has a subjective answer. A lot of people will say that the author rules over the commentary of other people, where other people will say (this is probably where I stand) that a mapper can not overrule consensus.

At this point, at least with richardfeder, I can agree to disagree over this.
I'll take this stance as well.

@richard, in hindsight that comment on IRC was totally uncalled for and I apologize for that. In the stepmania communities I come from, most people choose smooth patterns over anything else so that it's more accessible to play on higher song speeds. Obviously here that can't exactly be the same since DT is only a 1.5x multiplier and can't be adjusted, as well as not giving any actual advantages.
spoonguy
utterly ignored
shionelove
There's no use to mod this
spoonguy

hutunohito wrote:

We can still hope, can't we?
Rumia-

Paulmrm wrote:

hutunohito wrote:

We can still hope, can't we?
nope liese is not coming
Spy
After think twice these days,I'll go to requalify these,just for players.
No matter how you think my map,you're not the best.And me too.
It won't have any result here.
You can think I'm retarded,you can hate me.
I have my opinions.
But I know you guys don't like it.
I think mapping like as composing,so I'm not focus on patterns.
Just these,so I know much players only care about patterns.
It is easy to understand,I'm not stupid.
But just remember,I never map unplayable/unrankable maps.
It always have players can play it.

Just these,thanks richardfeder,and everyone helped me.
And my sensei Lieselotte/Y.Hime/Luyuja.

I'll fix my diff with new patterns by request my sensei.
They have more mapping experience than everyone here.
Just thanks others' mods first.
ApocalypseAP
So.. from what I'm reading, all the feedback is, "it's not consistent," or, "it's too hard." The song is not consistent, argument one down. "It's too hard," is just.. mind-boggling to use as an argument, to me.
Spy

ApocalypseAP wrote:

So.. from what I'm reading, all the feedback is, "it's not consistent," or, "it's too hard." The song is not consistent, argument one down. "It's too hard," is just.. mind-boggling to use as an argument, to me.
Have no idea.
Also I don't understand why someone always focus on "popular mapper".
It made me feel someone seems jealousy.
shionelove

Spy wrote:

ApocalypseAP wrote:

Have no idea.
Also I don't understand why someone always focus on "popular mapper".
It made me feel someone seems jealousy.
yeah,but not only my jealous also complaining fast-rhythmissue-rank
it started when
"Sakura Mirage was submitted after i reqed my map(bubble)
and Sakura Mirage was ranked before my map wasn't even checked"
i hated popular mapper
And i found many rhythm issue,not pattern
"why is my perfect rhythm map ignored while wrong rhythm map ranked!?"
i thought
...until 9/10
now i don't touch this never,but don't forget all mappers do their best.
The best solution is not only speed rank good map(it's nice thing) but also check all map equal...
please><
Spy

hutunohito wrote:

yeah,but not only my jealous also complaining fast-rhythmissue-rank
it started when
"Sakura Mirage was submitted after i reqed my map(bubble)
and Sakura Mirage was ranked before my map wasn't even checked"
i hated popular mapper
And i found many rhythm issue,not pattern
"why is my perfect rhythm map ignored while wrong rhythm map ranked!?"
i thought
...until 9/10
now i don't touch this never,but don't forget all mappers do their best.
The best solution is not only speed rank good map(it's nice thing) but also check all map equal...
please><
I don't know near 2 months is speed rank,if I want to speed rank,I'll do same speed request to BATs as Second Heaven.
Just remember,I also had same moment as you before,I endured it and keep mapping till now.
I don't care about you hate me or not,but I can say it here,I don't like you too.
About this map,I said I have already discussed about it to PROGUY.
And he discussed about it to QAT too,finally they decided not to unqualify it,just forgot to tell to Loctav,so Loctav unqualified it.

I don't know why you be cynical here.
But just remember,I also did my best,not only you,please don't think other mappers didn't do their best.
If you want to complain about it here,I just recommend you to map a new map,you're wasting your time.
And I'm going to fix the diff,bye.
Rumia-
there's nothing wrong with the rhythm in this map ==
its just you map according to pitch all the time.
Akasha-

Rumia- wrote:

there's nothing wrong with the rhythm in this map ==
its just you map according to pitch all the time.
And almost 2 months not a fast speed ranking! you should know that!
asd123iii
What a nice drama
Kamikaze
This is pretty amusing to read lel

Spy wrote:

Thumbs up for this tho =w=)b
Spy

-Kamikaze- wrote:

This is pretty amusing to read lel

Spy wrote:

Thumbs up for this tho =w=)b
:)
LordRaika
OH PLEASE...

PLEASE RESPECT every mapper...
every mapper have their style, if the mapper get lots of mod and the chart is still the same...
then IT MEANS its the mapper's style, there is nothing wrong with it ^^
u cant force ur style into someone's mapping style...

the wrong thing is IF the mapper mapped or make smthg totally unplayable OR not enjoyable...

^^
no need to blame anyone and stop arguing,
any feedback is good....
ArcherLove
no need to drama, your map is awesome! and you too!!

for hutunohito I know your feeling too ... just keep patient >< I know your time will come, and there is a time when you and spy be friends!

kalian berdua sangat berpengalaman, masalah kecil kok jadi besar nvm this word.
LegendByTheWay
R.I.P. The best PP map in 2014
Ichigaki
This drama took over 100 posts here...

Good luck again for all you people in here~
puxtu

asd123iii wrote:

What a nice drama
*grab popcorn
QuanTUM
goodbye.
awesome map :(
Lunatic Raccoon
Mod for Spy's 4K Extra to requalify~ *Rumia said Liese was not coming back but i don't think so... Anw, this is a request from Spy's status*
Let's resurrect this!
Osu!
  1. 00:16:492 to 00:17:863 - Ok, so i'm gonna try giving you some suggestions here
  2. All remaining jacks patterns are: 01:00:377 to 01:01:749 - 02:50:092 to 02:51:463 - 03:12:035 to 03:13:406 - 03:33:977 to 03:35:349 - 03:55:920 to 03:57:292 and 05:23:692 to 05:25:063
  3. Not many people can pass this without missing one or more notes -> It's also the reason that Loctav unqualified it right? So let's see...
  4. 1st suggestion: Make it a two-one stream: Double go with single note each 1/4 beat
  5. 2nd: Focus on zigzag patterns: Instead of double stream, make it to double at coll 1&2 then coll 3&4 each 1/4 beat or coll 1-4 then coll 2-3 or coll 1&3 then coll 2&4
  6. 3rd suggestion: Multiple stream: Do a stream of single notes, then double each 1/2 or 1 beat
  7. 4th suggestion: Normal stream: Well, i wouldn't really suggest this...
  8. Note that each of these 4 suggestions (except the 2nd one) WILL low down the stars of this diff... If you wanna keep it here's some more suggestions
  9. Put some doubles/triples at certain points like 00:00:035 (35|2,1406|0,1749|0,2092|0,2435|0,2777|0,3120|0,3463|0) and continue on... or 00:41:863 (41863|3,44606|0) or 01:25:063 (85063|2); 03:58:663 (238663|2)... there maybe still be more
  10. Convert some specific doubles -> triples
  11. 03:58:663 to 04:20:606 - Put some LNs? This won't help much but at least it adds up some notes to the diff

This is all i've got
Well, hope this helps you a tiny bit If you don't mind, please add me as your friend >.<
Spy

Lunatic Raccoon wrote:

Mod for Spy's 4K Extra to requalify~ *Rumia said Liese was not coming back but i don't think so... Anw, this is a request from Spy's status*
Let's resurrect this!
Osu!
  1. 00:16:492 to 00:17:863 - Ok, so i'm gonna try giving you some suggestions here
  2. All remaining jacks patterns are: 01:00:377 to 01:01:749 - 02:50:092 to 02:51:463 - 03:12:035 to 03:13:406 - 03:33:977 to 03:35:349 - 03:55:920 to 03:57:292 and 05:23:692 to 05:25:063
  3. Not many people can pass this without missing one or more notes -> It's also the reason that Loctav unqualified it right? So let's see...
  4. 1st suggestion: Make it a two-one stream: Double go with single note each 1/4 beat
  5. 2nd: Focus on zigzag patterns: Instead of double stream, make it to double at coll 1&2 then coll 3&4 each 1/4 beat or coll 1-4 then coll 2-3 or coll 1&3 then coll 2&4
  6. 3rd suggestion: Multiple stream: Do a stream of single notes, then double each 1/2 or 1 beat
  7. 4th suggestion: Normal stream: Well, i wouldn't really suggest this...
  8. Note that each of these 4 suggestions (except the 2nd one) WILL low down the stars of this diff... If you wanna keep it here's some more suggestions
  9. Put some doubles/triples at certain points like 00:00:035 (35|2,1406|0,1749|0,2092|0,2435|0,2777|0,3120|0,3463|0) and continue on... or 00:41:863 (41863|3,44606|0) or 01:25:063 (85063|2); 03:58:663 (238663|2)... there maybe still be more
  10. Convert some specific doubles -> triples
  11. 03:58:663 to 04:20:606 - Put some LNs? This won't help much but at least it adds up some notes to the diff

This is all i've got
Well, hope this helps you a tiny bit If you don't mind, please add me as your friend >.<
Thanks for mod,I remapped those burst parts :)
show more