posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Hollow Wings

Kenterz wrote:

Check ~ got addmitted to change gd stuffs except Irrelvis' EX

[Beginner]
01:11:660 (2,3,1) - I think you could make some improvements for these blankets ofc, fixed.

[Standard]
00:06:860 (3) - In my opinion the curve is a bit ugly, you should make something more rounded to my mind. exemple : alright, changed a bit.
01:33:260 (1) - ^ ^
01:49:717 (1) - ^ (at the end of the slider) ^

[Medium]
01:38:917 - I think you must map this part, it's done in every diff except yours, and that could be unrankable =/ mapped this part.
In addition, I find the circle size too small compared to the Advanced. I suggest 3.2 here (but the change should have been done in the advanced) changed cs to 3.5, because cs3.2 is a bit large to current map's stuff (1/2 jumps' objs may nearly touched with cs3.2, then for that cs 3.5 is the best choice after trying.

[Advanced]
Like I said in the Medium diff, there's a big difference about the circle size. I suggest 3.5 ~ 3.7 here. changed cs to 3.7.
01:10:288 (2,4) - You need some hitsounds here I think great, fixed.
01:30:860 (2) - ^ ^

[Irrelvis' EX]
01:39:088 (2,3,4,5) - This kind of pattern in this part must be 1/4 to follow the song.
01:41:831 (2,3,4) - ^
01:45:946 (1,2,3) - ^ etc.

[fanzhen's EX]
02:00:003 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1) - This pattern is just strange... Making little jumps like that in 1/4 beat is just impossible =/ You should maybe have something regular with the DS, like this : k, that's ok to me, changed like you said. (in different style to the one in your pic thou)

[EX EX]
I don't know if someone will be able to play it xD some of players can fc it www

That' it :3
thx for modding!

waiting for Irrelvis' EX's feedback, and will update spec's gd.
Irreversible
There is 1/3, so no fix.

Thanks!
Mei
rebub
Enon
go go
CookEasy
When is this going to be ranked ;W;
Topic Starter
Hollow Wings
here wanna state something related to the map itself:

this map's mp3 file was rearranged by LKs, so the title should be reset to another one aside to the original.

thou it's just give some additional tracks, i've asked some qat and bng, here i just got LKs' permission to give the song's title:

so here's the new title "HELIX (Edit ver.)"
Kyouren
Because mp3 edit by LKs but that not reason to add edit ver. in tittle
See in this ranking crectria:
t/87323/start=0
Topic Starter
Hollow Wings

gokugohan12468 wrote:

Because mp3 edit by LKs but that not reason to add edit ver. in tittle
See in this ranking crectria:
t/87323/start=0
this mp3 file is not a simple cut ver. or edit ver, it's the way LKs has remixed new and additional beats into the original song. so it's no longer the original type and version of the song, even i can say, this is a new song. so the title's matter less to the topic you linked above.
captin1
this actually makes sense. if lks is the one who remixed the mp3, then he has the right to decide if and what tag should be added imo
meii18
who qualified this map ? D: Ohh so Kodora qualified it....../w\

Congratzu HW o3o
Kodora
Ranked.

To QATs: this mp3 is original remix, and LKs as original remixer decided to name it like that, so there shouldn't be any problems regardless title.
silmarilen
oh boy
iiyo
today i learned ctb can't handle super slow sliders 00:13:031 (1) - EX EX

https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/3073540

WHERE DID THE DROPLETS GO?
Nyxa
I like this mapset, but I don't think it's ready for ranking yet. All diffs have amazing potential but they still need a lot of work in my opinion. At least 3 or 4 good mods, I'd say. Please don't take this as an insult - as I said, I like this, but I definitely don't think it's ready yet. Many diffs have reading and/or flow issues that could easily be improved with some modding.

I hope this gets DQ'd so I can give a mod, it'd be a shame if this set wasn't in its most optimal condition.
FlobuFlobs

Tess wrote:

I like this mapset, but I don't think it's ready for ranking yet. All diffs have amazing potential but they still need a lot of work in my opinion. At least 3 or 4 good mods, I'd say. Please don't take this as an insult - as I said, I like this, but I definitely don't think it's ready yet. Many diffs have reading and/or flow issues that could easily be improved with some modding.

I hope this gets DQ'd so I can give a mod, it'd be a shame if this set wasn't in its most optimal condition.

^dis
meii18
I totally agree with Tess I feel this map needs some work sorry HW ;w;
iiyo

ByBy_ChAn wrote:

What is exactly wrong with it? are you saying this out of a player's point of view? or a mappers point of view, by work do you mean improvements or nerfing the map just to better fit people's playstyles. Many player checked the map and it's been on work for 9 months, I personally think it's a amazing map with a unique style that players must adjust to play it, isn't that the goal of creation?

"it'd be a shame if this set wasn't in its most optimal condition."

Why didn't you mod it before? Also what do you mean by optimal condition? that's a very vague statement.

I might be saying stuff that might piss off a lot of people. :L
Kite
Cool and unique map, thanks for making stuff like this~
Congrats on the qualify and hopefully it will make it to the ranked section without any hiccups!
A few slowdowns are tricky to read due to the low SV but all in all your difficulty plays well imo
Hopefully one day people will stop expecting easy first try FCs
Myxo
Congratz!
Kyubey
drum-hitclap2.mp3

I'm not sure if that rule about delay works with such hitsounds like this. In one case, it's just an applause and shouldn't give any feedack. In other, rules are rules? And why is it .mp3 instead of .wav?
Rixia Mao
wat....
anyways gratz HW

and new page
Nyxa
Quotes

Storm- wrote:

ByBy_ChAn wrote:

What is exactly wrong with it? I already mentioned the general issues, I'm not gonna do a mod for a qualified set before it gets DQ'd, it'd be a waste of time.

are you saying this out of a player's point of view? or a mappers point of view? How about a mapper that plays? How about a player that maps?

by work do you mean improvements or nerfing the map just to better fit people's playstyles. Many player checked the map and it's been on work for 9 months, I personally think it's a amazing map with a unique style that players must adjust to play it, isn't that the goal of creation?

"it'd be a shame if this set wasn't in its most optimal condition."

Why didn't you mod it before? Also what do you mean by optimal condition? that's a very vague statement.

I might be saying stuff that might piss off a lot of people. :L

Tess wrote:

You got really defensive while, honestly, I answered most of your questions in the post you were getting defensive about, despite me particularly stating that it wasn't meant as an insult. And no, an object's "most optimal condition" is a highly specific state of being wherein any further changes would result in imbalances and therefore degradation, there's nothing vague about that at all. And you don't piss anyone off, at least I don't think you did. It's understandable if you like the map that you want it ranked, but it'd help if you took a second to really look at the map and think "Could this possibly be more balanced? Be enjoyable for more people? And if so, how would that be possible?". You'd probably end up feeling the same way as I do, since those questions are fundamental to modding and I'm sure many modders would feel the same way.

Once again, no insulting intended, just trying to make you understand.
Shohei Ohtani
hahahhha when tess replies to a map i know shit is either about to go down or has already gone down
Nyxa
I was just sharing my opinion ;______;
Kyouren
This is amazing map, Gratzz~ :3
Bearizm
Great concept and design. Love it, especially Oracle's diff and your EX diff as well (eventhough I really think yours don't play very well, it's still pretty cool). But I think there's a flaw in the spread.. Between Advanced and Insane. the gap's pretty big, considering there's several stream jumps in the "Insane". It needs another diff to compensate the huge gap. Just my opinion. and in fanzhen's diff, the end is just an unnecessarily huge difficulty spike. Kind of disappointed this is coming from fanzhen tbh but oh well I understand why he did it.

1 MORE THING.

fanzhen's diff has an different length of spinner in the end. others end at 02:18:517 - . his spinner ends at 02:19:888 - How did BNs miss this I DON'T UNDERSTAND.

Good luck getting this ranked.
ktgster
Few notes.

[EX EX]
00:59:660 (1,2) -
01:04:631 (2,1) -

Basically, you cannot actually see the slider and due to the abundance of circles you play, you actually can't tell when there is a slider or not. It's very surprising to see on first play, and is just plain confusing to begin with.
Kayano

[ Madoka ] wrote:

fanzhen's diff has an different length of spinner in the end. others end at 02:18:517 - . his spinner ends at 02:19:888 - How did BNs miss this I DON'T UNDERSTAND.
Please learn more before you post here, QATs and BNs never restrict something like length or kiai IN GUEST DIFFS

Good luck HW
Bearizm

OniJAM wrote:

[ Madoka ] wrote:

Please learn more before you post here, QATs and BNs never restrict something like length or kiai IN GUEST DIFFS

Good luck HW
I just thought the other diffs has consistent length of spinner. And most of the difficulties here are GDs anyways, but they STILL follow the same length of spinner. It's something to be taken into consideration and I don't understand how no one pointed that out. It's a consistency problem.

EDIT: ACTUALLY, yes, they do. p/4086686

don't generalize like that. I mean, yes it's a GD but it's a GD in a MAPSET. They all should have the same length.
DeletedUser_3641262
Eh, may I ask the reasoning behind OD7 on EX EX diff? A difficulity at this level of play should have at least 8 imo, but I may be wrong, idk *~*
Lach

zivbu9 wrote:

Eh, may I ask the reasoning behind OD7 on EX EX diff? A difficulity at this level of play should have at least 8 imo, but I may be wrong, idk *~*
If the OD is too high some of the patterns become unreliable or excessively difficult to play. Normally for _hard map with jumps x dee_ od 8 or 9 is the go-to because it makes sense, but in this situation I would say it hinder the playability.

The real question is why hp3 lmao
Kodora

Kyubey wrote:

I'm not sure if that rule about delay works with such hitsounds like this. In one case, it's just an applause and shouldn't give any feedack. In other, rules are rules? And why is it .mp3 instead of .wav?
Actually 5ms is considered acceptable range for delay - .mp3 files often comes with it
Kyouren
BG is unrankable ;w;
Musty
HWs diff doesn't play well at least for me..
PatZar
EX EX E XEX EX EX EX lol
so hard
edit:
pray sepuh indo
xxxafiqxxx
Finnally ssed the overdose with HD
hope u wont update the map again
Natteke desu
no qualifino
btw, as far as i know animated avatars are not allowed by rules
Kyubey

Kodora wrote:

Kyubey wrote:

Actually 5ms is considered acceptable range for delay - .mp3 files often comes with it
But it's 50ms.
Lach

Kyubey wrote:

Kodora wrote:

But it's 50ms.
Hitsounds can be categorized into two brackets. Active; provides feedback and aids with timing, and passive; just a sound that is there, not unlike the one used in this map with the large delay. It doesn't matter too much since it's the latter.
Xantaria
what the fuck? Spacing and slider velocity is wrong in almost every version.
show more