forum

tensing up

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Perplexion
Im not sure if im suppose to tense up my arm when singletapping rlly fast or streaming but it's starting to hurt like hell. Am I suppose to relax my whole arm or will I get use to it to a point it won't even hurt anymore?
Vuelo Eluko
tensing up when it comes to fast singletapping is completely normal.
keep building your stamina
nrl
Some amount of tension is normal, but you really should be trying to keep your arm pretty relaxed at all times.
ninfia
Stamina plays a huge part in osu, building that up could really prove to be a necessity. C:

So get working! :D
Keeby
Flex while playing osu! legitstrats

this problem is a bit worse with mouse only. I've built enough stamina to last for hours, though. My legs get tired faster. :\
Dexus
If you want medical complications then keep tensing up. Pain is a sign that your body is doing something wrong; persisting through it really is never the best option.
Vuelo Eluko

Dexus wrote:

If you want medical complications then keep tensing up. Pain is a sign that your body is doing something wrong; persisting through it really is never the best option.
pain from tensing up is probably muscle related
muscle pain = hes tearing the muscle fibers, which is what theyre built to do, so they grow back thicker and stronger...
Sophia

Riince wrote:

Dexus wrote:

muscle pain = hes tearing the muscle fibers, which is what theyre built to do, so they grow back thicker and stronger...

Your muscles really arent built to be tore apart. While it is true that they'll cover the scars and that's what gives you muscle mass, that does not mean that's what they made for, nor does it mean that he should stream until he gets an injury.

It's needed to push your limits to gain some stamina, but don't go too far. If it's hurting, you already worked enough.
nrl

Riince wrote:

There's a very big difference between "wow I can really feel the burn" and "oww my arm hurts." If it's the latter, you're doing it wrong.
Vuelo Eluko
or you're being a pansy. one of the two.
Yakuyan
When you are singletapping...you should tense up your finger and arm. But usually you want to relax when streaming especially when deathstreaming. You will notice an increase in stamina 8-)
Dexus
I can't tell what he was feeling aside from "it hurt like hell" so I assume he was hurting himself. Really though that other processes is like a warm burning sensation (Lactic acid being released), sharp pains are what you want to avoid because that's where you're physically harming yourself.
buny
take a break
Ichi
You should tense your arm when doing a bpm you´re not used to. Try to put as low pressure as you can on the keys, that will increase your stamina and speed. If you feel it hurting, take a break then start again and go to your max bpm for short time, repeat this and both stamina and speed will probably increase in the long term.