forum

[Archived] My replays downloaded from osu contain no data

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
sarnex
Problem Details:
Hi. If I click on a score of mine and then hit F2 to download the replay, it creates a 121 byte file. When dragged into osu, it says it contains no replay data.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUIiC15CvQI

osu! version: 20140710.7 (latest)
- Marco -
It's normal since the you exported a score without replay
Topic Starter
sarnex
How would I export with the replay?
- Marco -
You have to play the song again :<
NeVMiku
Go onto your "Local Rankings" and do that from there.
Bara-
You can only dl replays from top50 and local.
Also, you can NOT dl a replay when clicking on best record iirc
NeVMiku

baraatje123 wrote:

I went on "Local Rankings" and hit f2. Works for me, or did I misunderstood something?
- Marco -

NeVe12p4wNeD wrote:

baraatje123 wrote:

I went on "Local Rankings" and hit f2. Works for me, or did I misunderstood something?
That's because it has replay data
NeVMiku

marcostudios wrote:

That's because it has replay data
I thought he wanted his own replay data?
smoogipoo
If you complete a map and your score is a top-50 score, then it will be uploaded and you can retrieve it by clicking on the score (in your Personal Best) and pressing F2.

If you pressed F2 to save the replay when you completed the map (when you were in the score screen) the replay will be saved locally, so if you go into your local rankings and press F2 on the score in there, the replay will be exported in a working form.

If you didn't do both of these - didn't achieve a top-50 rank and at the same time didn't export the replay when you were on the score screen (directly after playing the map), your replay will not be saved, hence you get the "Replay contains no data" error message.
Topic Starter
sarnex
Ah, I see. Thanks smoogipooo.
NeVMiku

smoogipooo wrote:

If you complete a map and your score is a top-50 score, then it will be uploaded and you can retrieve it by clicking on the score (in your Personal Best) and pressing F2.

If you pressed F2 to save the replay when you completed the map (when you were in the score screen) the replay will be saved locally, so if you go into your local rankings and press F2 on the score in there, the replay will be exported in a working form.

If you didn't do both of these - didn't achieve a top-50 rank and at the same time didn't export the replay when you were on the score screen (directly after playing the map), your replay will not be saved, hence you get the "Replay contains no data" error message.
Also, clicking your best score in Global Rankings won't work because the best score is uploaded to the server but not the replay. The replay will be saved locally as smoogipooo said but only the ones that are saved will be in your Local Rankings leaderboards. If it's not in your Local Rankings leaderboard then you will not have the replay stored in your machine.