Some useful links for mapping:
- Red is unrankable and must be fixed.
- Pink is you should apply this to any similar notes/parts/patterns/whatever it was stated on it.
- Mods with question marks (?) are only suggestion/opinion. You're free to choose whether you're going to apply it or not.
- I cannot mod special game modes.
- Please reply to my mods, I always looking forward to the replies so I could improve better.
- If you think one or more points on my mod is unclear, feel free to ask about it.
Some useful links for mapping:
- somehow I feel that the kick sound is late. idk maybe check the sound file? as other hitsounds are fine but this kick sound
- I doubt the camogreen colour (combocolour 2) tbh. maybe try this camobrown variant (125,97,66), might fit with the sepiatoned bg. also why purple?
- can use a slight background fadein at the beginning of the map i guess
- in my opinion tbh, the way you used a 1366px wide line.png for almost all rectangle-sprites purpose is just technically unoptimized. all you do is draw lines, boxes, and that ripple thingy whatever you call it. do you know you can just use a 1x1px white sprite and rescale it the way you want and the result will still be the same?
- the diary/text/whatever thingy on 03:18:766 - maybe you can tune down the opacity of the blue lines a bit (fade out) and oh yeah the last textline is unreadable because spinner
- that was me talking about visual and technical aspects, now on to the core of the storyboarding itself; the meaning aspect. again these are my subjective opinions in which you might not agree with but I think it's okay for you (and maybe for some others) to take a read
- what does the teardrops and ripples have to do with anything?
- why halo on girl's body? it doesn't make any sense for me
- heart pulses? ain't we usually see these kind of stuff in a cheerful, happy, energetic song :0
- talking about overall intentions and meaning of this storyboard, for me, I personally feel that these scenes (teardrops, ripples, far-east-nightbird-visualizer-thingy-that-waves thing, etc) just didn't make any sense, it doesn't reflect anything neither the bg nor the song :/ for me storyboards should at least depicts or visualizes the song's atmosphere, meaning, or anything related to it. storyboards ain't about niceties nor decoration, it's about expression. I admit, this storyboard is awesome in a first glance, nice job you have and I respect your hardwork, but admittedly the storyboard just feel empty for me.
- keep in mind that all above is a subjective opinion from me, no obligations forced at all or anything. forgive me if I might offend anyone here, i just feel like writing these here :/
- 00:40:119 (1,2,3) - maybe you can bring these up a bit? sliderends touched the bottom of the window which doesn't look very neat o:
- 01:01:648 (1) - polarity issues: starts on red tick which is kinda meh :/ either split to two circles or just put one circle on the white tick
- 01:11:884 (1) - hm? not following anything imo, what if you just put one circle 01:11:884 -
- 01:16:825 (1,2) - maybe you were planning on blanket or something'
- 01:24:590 (3,1) - I assume missed blanket.
- 01:33:060 (4,1) - blanket? I know you're going to (-:
- 02:23:531 (3,1) - missed blanket
- inverness stop modding blankets ohg od
- 01:18:237 (4,1) - maybe stack instead? stack it stylishly B) just like you did other custom stacks
- 01:57:060 (6) - press ctrl+leftarrow
- 02:05:531 (1,2,3,4) - unusual pattern :0
- 02:20:355 (1,2,3,4,5,6,1) - the not so good flow tbh
everything else is good i think, those perfect manual stacks are just way too heartwarming <3
obligatory: kd pls