forum

[duplicate] Osu! sections for maps.

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
[ Violet ]
Hello everyone, this will be my first post. And sorry if there already is a thread like this I was too lazy to look through the forum xD (lazy as fuk)

So... What I want is a possibility to play a single section in a map (song).
For example, if there's one place on a map that I can't really understand / can't see how I'm supposed to play it I'm going to have to play through the ENTIRE song A LOT of times just to figure out that one part and that's a problem in my opinion, there should be some kind of training option where you can play a part of a song over and over to practice just like you can do on Guitar Hero. If you would be able to change the speed too, like, slowest, slower, slow and full speed like on Guitar Hero that would be awesome!

I really think you should consider adding this to Osu! since it's such a good game and from what I've seen and heard you listen to the community, and I don't think you can loose anything by adding this option so why not?

Thanks in advance!

-Simon "Nikita" Björk.
enap
I do agree on this, being able to play a part of a song to learn it would tbh be a good addition
BBB
Open the song in edit mode. Skip to the part you want to practice, then hit f5. You can do this as many times as you want without it affecting your rank, accuracy, or playcount, and you can't fail while in edit mode. ;)
Topic Starter
[ Violet ]
Oh I see ;D Is it also poss to change the speed?
Momomaru
Section practicing a la GH? Not a bad idea imho (would do wonders on Insane and 0108 diff on o!m).
But:
1) It would mean the game would have to recall and replay the notes of one section without de-sync.
2) Anyone else notice when songs stutter when left idle on the main select screen? The same applies looping on practice.
3) I lack the general know-how on coding and such to state the time consumption or space this would take.

That's my 20 cents. :D
BBB

KZNikita wrote:

Oh I see ;D Is it also poss to change the speed?
No, you can't do that in edit mode :'3
enap

binaryfruit wrote:

Open the song in edit mode. Skip to the part you want to practice, then hit f5. You can do this as many times as you want without it affecting your rank, accuracy, or playcount, and you can't fail while in edit mode. ;)
ah, thats true :)
However if would be so much simpler to add a function like this easily within the "play-section" instead of the "edit-section"
Topic Starter
[ Violet ]

enaporp wrote:

binaryfruit wrote:

ah, thats true :)
However if would be so much simpler to add a function like this easily within the "play-section" instead of the "edit-section"
I have to agree with propane, would be much better with a "training" function instead, where you could simply pick a song, the time you want to play and then have it on loop and being able to change the speed. Also if you've played Guitar Hero you should have noticed that if you select a section of a song there will be some time to get prepare before the section actually starts instead of the edit function where it immediately starts right in the middle of the section so you can't really be ready unless you start before the section that you want to play. So unless you want to add all these things to the edit section I suggest you should make a training option :D
Oinari-sama
Requested and denied many times in the past:
t/523
t/14017
t/49054
t/112176

Just use the editor.

EDIT: For speed changer check out t/114765
Topic Starter
[ Violet ]

Oinari-sama wrote:

Requested and denied many times in the past:
t/523
t/14017
t/49054
t/112176

Just use the editor.

EDIT: For speed changer check out t/114765
I still don't understand why it would be denied, it really doesn't make any sense to me. It would be so much simpler to just have it all in one place instead of having to download separate programs and editing the songs and doing stuff like that :s
deadbeat
because you can already do this in the editor.
go to the editor. find the part you want to "practice" and then test play. simple \:D/
Topic Starter
[ Violet ]

deadbeat wrote:

because you can already do this in the editor.
go to the editor. find the part you want to "practice" and then test play. simple \:D/
Read the posts from above.