forum

Desktop background in osu! menu

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +78
Topic Starter
smoogipoo
There have been a few programs like o!verlay by LoliFlan and my own which overlays the desktop background in the osu! menu, making it look transparent and providing what I think is a cool effect.

However what if this were built into osu! as a setting?

Sample of how it *could* look like:
Mofo
Very nice, the transition looks fine too.
Will there be a selection in skins to determine to use it or not?
Topic Starter
smoogipoo
The video uses my program so the effect won't (or shouldn't) look like that - it also looks clunky reloading the skin and all -_-.
I was thinking we could have an option in the skin.ini file for this.
Oinari-sama
Really cool stuff.
Nya Nya Neko
too bad I am playing fullscreen :(
anyway I'll support it with a star :D
SleepyMind
:lol: really cool idea !
deadbeat
think look work a lot nicer, with a borderless window'd mode
Topic Starter
smoogipoo
This will, of course, support borderless windowed mode :). It's part of a bigger update I want to push out, but it will still take some time more.
Avail_old_1

deadbeat wrote:

think look work a lot nicer, with a borderless window'd mode
Not 'borderless' but pretty close :p
Nya Nya Neko
okey now how do I use this?
I know I am super dumb.
Topic Starter
smoogipoo
Avail is using my program which is linked inside the OP - it is not yet in the game. I am working on adding this to the game but it is not top of my list and will need a fair amount of work as it is part of a bigger change I want to push.
If you're interested in an instant solution, look at o!verlay (linked in the OP) and not my program.
Nya Nya Neko

smoogipooo wrote:

Avail is using my program which is linked inside the OP - it is not yet in the game. I am working on adding this to the game but it is not top of my list and will need a fair amount of work as it is part of a bigger change I want to push.
If you're interested in an instant solution, look at o!verlay (linked in the OP) and not my program.
allright got it :D
Bara-
Will this also work when moving the Osu window? Or will it shows the old area?
Topic Starter
smoogipoo
Yes it will work when moving the osu! window.
Eni
wow this would be really nice! :)
- Marco -
bump because i want this :Db
DeathAlchemy
Could this idea be used to make it while playing a map? and also to have anything behind osu! to show through to the osu! game? fullscreen mode?
Remco
Sick work mate just like all the other things you made for osu! keep it up and here get support.

( i use full screen tho xD)