forum

[Archived] How to limit frames to something higher than 240?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
takaharrue
I can't play on unlimited because that causes my GPU to go berserk and make really high pitched noises, and I was told that is not a good sign. When I have unlimited frames i get about ~1600 fps in gameplay so I know I can go a lot higher than 240 but I don't want to ruin my GPU so I can't go unlimited.
Noobsicle
go to your osu!user.cfg file, open it in wordpad/notepad, and change the value of CustomFrameLimit to your desired max fps
B1rd
hmm what GPU is that? is it overclocked?
Witch Mercy
I would suggest you to not do that if you have issues like that lol
Maybe consider getting a new GPU?
Vuelo Eluko
unlimited frames basically eats electricity for nothing and makes your gpu work at max capacity for a 2d circle clicking game. you dont get any advantages playing over 240.
hersa37
Just limit it to 120, that's all you'll need considering monitors don't have superbly high refresh rates yet
Lewder

takaharrue wrote:

I can't play on unlimited because that causes my GPU to go berserk and make really high pitched noises, and I was told that is not a good sign. When I have unlimited frames i get about ~1600 fps in gameplay so I know I can go a lot higher than 240 but I don't want to ruin my GPU so I can't go unlimited.
just set it to the refresh rate of your monitor, you don't get any advantage out of rendering in a framerate higher than what your monitor can output, lol
if your monitor is 60Hz just use the 60fps cap, if it's 120Hz use the 120fps cap and if it's 144Hz do this and set it to 144fps unless i remember wrong and there is a 144fps preset:

Noobsicle wrote:

go to your osu!user.cfg file, open it in wordpad/notepad, and change the value of CustomFrameLimit to your desired max fps
Gumpy

hersa37 wrote:

Just limit it to 120, that's all you'll need considering monitors don't have superbly high refresh rates yet
More FPS = less input lag.
Lewder
are you sure about that being true?
TakuMii
Well, peppy said it himself that higher FPS = lower latency, and that anything past 480fps will make a negligible difference to the gameplay. Personally, I'd at least recommend a framerate of 2x of your refresh rate or more, to compensate for the time that the GPU takes to buffer a frame.
Marcin
240 fps is more than enough, also wrong section mate.