forum

More keyboard shortcuts (cursor size, changing skins, etc)

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +13
Topic Starter
Purple
A lot of my time playing osu! constitutes changing options nowadays. I was wondering if there could be an update where a whole bunch of keyboard shortcuts are added to streamline some of the experience. Keep in mind that not ALL of these need to be implemented at once; it's okay if they come in different updates.

Ordered by what in my opinion should get the highest priority:

1. Cursor Size: This is the big one. I really like this feature, and ever since it was implemented I've been using it every time CS changes between maps (which happens a lot). It is annoying and time consuming to change, so I think this feature would benefit the most from having a keyboard shortcut. It would work the same way changing offset works; you press a key and the cursor size increases/decreases by 5%. Fixed with automatic cursor sizing

2. Changing Skins: I understand this might be hard to implement, but damn, it would be really cool. Also, I know that a lot of people change elements of their skins (like cursor and followpoints) on a regular basis, so this would allow them to do so by just making a clone folder with the desired change and simply changing skins with the press of a button from then on. A shortcut to change specific skin elements would be cool, but I don't want to over-complicate things.

3. Visual Settings (background dim, disable/enable video, etc): It might be the case that I'm the only person in osu! that doesn't just set the background dim to 100% on all beatmaps in the option menu, but still I think this should be implemented. I like to have different visual settings when I play with or without HR, so having a way to make these changes immediately would be really nice.

Finally, if some changes do take place, the contents of this this wikipage should be put in-game somewhere to improve accessibility.

Feel free to post your ideas and I'll add them here if they seem popular. I only play standard so I wouldn't know if other game modes are also in a sore need for some keyboard shortcuts.
piruchan
[ and ] would be nice.

I want this as well. *throws invisible stars
DeletedUser_4041880
I don't really see a need for a shortcut for it honestly. It only takes a second to change the cursor size manually.
Jesse

Frostei wrote:

I don't really see a need for a shortcut for it honestly. It only takes a second to change the cursor size manually.
Yeah, But you have to back out of a menu/song to change it. You could change it in song, so its nice and easy. I support this idea! :oops:
Sea_Food

Frostei wrote:

It takes only a second to do "manually" anything that there is a keyboard shortcut for. Yet they exist and for a good reason. Flawed logic
SleepyMind
this would be awesome i want this too ! :)
benguin
The thing is, I find keyboard shortcuts are good for things that would be done frequently enough to warrant them. I don't see why anybody would feel the need to constantly change their cursor size though? Also, giving this a default key binding would take away from a possible key binding that might be better suited for something that would be more frequently used. Other than that, I don't see much harm in implementing this feature, but I wouldn't put this as high priority.
Sea_Food

benguin wrote:

The thing is, I find keyboard shortcuts are good for things that would be done frequently enough to warrant them. I don't see why anybody would feel the need to constantly change their cursor size though? Also, giving this a default key binding would take away from a possible key binding that might be better suited for something that would be more frequently used. Other than that, I don't see much harm in implementing this feature, but I wouldn't put this as high priority.
I bet you never tried to play a high CS song with a big cursor
Topic Starter
Purple
Updated title and OP. This feature request is now for general keyboard shortcuts and not just for cursor size.